Gaming pc under £200

Found 24th Jul
Any recommendations for a pc I know it’s a Low budget but I’m only going to playing old school Runescape found this on eBay but don’t really know much about computers

rover.ebay.com/rov…553

Is this the best for my budget or any better option for the price?

Thanks
Community Updates
AskGamingPC
17 Comments
Intel Core 2 Duo/Quad (description lists both) is potentially from ~ 2008. While good in its day, no one should spend £180 on PC like that nowadays.

A used upmarket office PC from 2013 for < £150 has more processing power than that thing. Add to that £25 for a SSD and £35 for an old video card and you should have a pretty decent low end gaming PC.

Can I assume that you already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse?
Do you have someone who can fit a video card/SSD and reinstall Windows on it for you?
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 24th Jul
I'd probably buy an old i7 office pc off ebay. Then save up another £150ish for a 1050ti graphics card later on.
Edited by: "kester76" 24th Jul
m.ebay.co.uk/itm…RS0

Something like this would be a good start but you could probably get this cheaper.

Remember that a 2nd hand offocr pc will come with windows 10 pro as standard and an i7 4770 is still a powerful processor.
SUMMONER47 m ago

Intel Core 2 Duo/Quad (description lists both) is potentially from ~ 2008. …Intel Core 2 Duo/Quad (description lists both) is potentially from ~ 2008. While good in its day, no one should spend £180 on PC like that nowadays.A used upmarket office PC from 2013 for < £150 has more processing power than that thing. Add to that £25 for a SSD and £35 for an old video card and you should have a pretty decent low end gaming PC.Can I assume that you already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse?Do you have someone who can fit a video card/SSD and reinstall Windows on it for you?

Yeah I’ve got a monitor keyboard etc, and yeah one of my friends would be able to fit stuff for me I’ll look into what you said and glad I didn’t just go and buy that pc thanks for your help 🏻
kester7624 m ago

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-Optiplex-9020-Intel-i7-4770-320GB-HDD-8GB-RAM-Windows-10-Pro/113155806511?hash=item1a589c952f%3Ag%3AUVEAAOSw4apbTyfD&_nkw=i7+4770&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1313.TR11.TRC2.A0.H0.Xi7+4770.TRS0Something like this would be a good start but you could probably get this cheaper.Remember that a 2nd hand offocr pc will come with windows 10 pro as standard and an i7 4770 is still a powerful processor.

Thanks for your help also I guess the way to go will be looking at something like this my current pc is a dell xps 420 but well out of date now and keeps turning off so time for something new just didn’t think there is any point buying a proper gaming pc just to play old school Runescape lol
christosUK6 m ago

Thanks for your help also I guess the way to go will be looking at … Thanks for your help also I guess the way to go will be looking at something like this my current pc is a dell xps 420 but well out of date now and keeps turning off so time for something new just didn’t think there is any point buying a proper gaming pc just to play old school Runescape lol

Pretty sure most phones will play runescape now. As for your own pc it's probably overheating which is causing the shutdowns.
An i7 4770 will play most AAA titles pretty well with a semi decent card with settings lowered.
I've an i7 3770s in the garage which I'm going to add a r9 290 to. Should play most games in 1080p fine but not up to VR though. Good for emulation as well.
Yeah, the ebay one is a rip-off. 2008 hardware combined with a 2013 bottom of the range graphics card for double the price you'd pay for a 2014 machine.

I'm not sure what 'old school' runescape means these days, I haven't played it for nearly a couple of decades (back when it was a Java applet!)

Assuming it's not very demanding though I'd just pick up an i3 machine for ~£100 or so. The newer the better, a i3-43## model is a reasonable choice. You probably don't need an additional graphics card and I wouldn't bother paying the extra for the quad core i5/i7 models if you're not interested in other games.
As a more 'budgety' alternative here is one that looks decent...

HP Pro 3500 Mini Tower £99.50 delivered (or make an offer!)
  • Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad Core
  • 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3 RAM
  • 500GB HDD
  • fully licensed Windows 7
  • DVI-D and VGA monitor outputs
  • USB 2.0 ports only

or

HP Pro 3500 Mini Tower £101.99 delivered (or make an offer!)
  • 1TB HDD
  • fully licensed Windows 10

The i5 provides plenty of grunt, especially for the asking price, and it can be upgraded with a video card and SSD later. The power supply appears to be standard ATX, so it should be possible to replace it in the future if you ever find yourself wanting a more up market video card.

upgrade options
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 25th Jul
If you look on Amazon also they have cheap pc towers that can be upgraded (more ram and gfx card) from about £60 to £200...
Don't get GT710 for £25

CEX has GT740 for £28
uk.webuy.com/pro…x10
Thanks for all the help guys really appreciate it
Don't get a GT710 at all, it's a downgrade to the HD4600 graphics in an i3-43##

The DDR3 version of the GT740 is also an upgrade of questionable worth. It'll be faster, but maybe not much faster. The much higher bandwidth GDDR5 version is only twice as fast:
hardware.fr/art…tml
Get a used GTX 750 Ti 2GB for around £50-55. Don't touch the GT 710 or the GT 740.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 24th Jul
Or get Playstation 4...... No mans Sky Update....!!!!
Please keep in mind these PCs come with 'office grade' power supplies. They don't have the 6/8 pin power connectors for an upmarket video card and are unlikely to survive for very long if you use a molex/sata to 6/8pin power adapter with them.

The only reason to upgrade from the integrated graphics will be if you experience an issue running Runescape with it.
SUMMONER22 m ago

Please keep in mind these PCs come with 'office grade' power supplies. …Please keep in mind these PCs come with 'office grade' power supplies. They don't have the 6/8 pin power connectors for an upmarket video card and are unlikely to survive for very long if you use a molex/sata to 6/8pin power adapter with them.The only reason to upgrade from the integrated graphics will be if you experience an issue running Runescape with it.

Some graphic card (low powered) don't need 6/8 pin power connector. My EVGA GTX 750 Ti runs off the mobo.
RiverDragon823 m ago

Some graphic card (low powered) don't need 6/8 pin power connector. My …Some graphic card (low powered) don't need 6/8 pin power connector. My EVGA GTX 750 Ti runs off the mobo.

Cool, that card is literally half the size of my PNY GTX 650 Ti Boost and only needs a 300W power supply, while PNY are a tad more conservative by recommending a 450W+ PSU for mine.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants