Gaming Skills Based Matchmaking? (Opinions)

Posted 20th Nov
TDLR for any non games,

Skills based matchmaking is a mechanism that will take your skill level and match you up to similar skill level players.

So in a shooting game you are likely to always have average game no matter how hard you try, you play bad for a while you will get and easy game, visa versa.

I find skills based matchmaking demoralising for me to play, I loved gaming when it was mixed, some games I would do terrible, some average and some I play well

Now it seems no matter how I try some games I've been handicapped and it makes no difference how well I play, what is the point?

This model is to please every skill level but in reality someone who is 3/10 on a skill level is still going to have average games the same as 8/10 player.

Different games have different levels of skill based matchmaking and a little is fine but gaming without mixed games is so boring.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

4 Comments
The only thing more enjoyable about it, is feeling like a god wrecking noobs.

Imagine how they feel though....not enjoyable at all for those less skilled coming up against good players. Frustrating and it probably gets boring fast
Jordztar20/11/2019 22:33

The only thing more enjoyable about it, is feeling like a god wrecking …The only thing more enjoyable about it, is feeling like a god wrecking noobs.Imagine how they feel though....not enjoyable at all for those less skilled coming up against good players. Frustrating and it probably gets boring fast

We all did it we survived and turned into good players another thing which I making young people (and new to cod) people are such snowflakes

If the games mixed even bad player will get a average good game sometimes
It's a good thing.

If it's resulting in everyone getting similar results then the game mechanics just need tweaking to exaggerate smaller differences so there's more variation in results.
EndlessWaves20/11/2019 23:52

It's a good thing.If it's resulting in everyone getting similar results …It's a good thing.If it's resulting in everyone getting similar results then the game mechanics just need tweaking to exaggerate smaller differences so there's more variation in results.

Playing video games are fun because you don't know what's going to happens, matchmaking just seems like the game is rigged each game.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants