GAP insurance - any recommendations?

Found 7th Jun
Hi all
Need to look for GAP insurance to cover my Mum's car lease.
Dealership are charging £300, which seems excessive.
Does anyone have any recommendations for better providers?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
I can't comment on the best provider, but make sure it's a return to invoice policy as you will get the full amount of the car back. Some policies will only cover the finance if you're PCP'ing, leasing I don't think it matters as much.
Go to an insurance broker you should be able to get it for around half that price.
The dealership are making a big chunk of commission on that price.
Edited by: "Dyslexic_Dog" 7th Jun
Moneysupermarket.com has a GAP quotation service, as will other comparison sites.
Dyslexic_Dog42 m ago

Go to an insurance broker you should be able to get it for around half …Go to an insurance broker you should be able to get it for around half that price.The dealership are making a big chunk of commission on that price.

Spot on mate, been looking for deals and MotorEasy are quoting it for £87 and ALA insurance are offering it for £124, both companies recommended on money.co.uk so can't go wrong with those prices!
I'm with Ala, they were cheapest for me when I took it out.
gsj871 h, 57 m ago

Spot on mate, been looking for deals and MotorEasy are quoting it for £87 …Spot on mate, been looking for deals and MotorEasy are quoting it for £87 and ALA insurance are offering it for £124, both companies recommended on money.co.uk so can't go wrong with those prices!

I think from when I was looking ala did a price match scheme as well as had a discount code on piston heads that could be applied on top, making it cheaper
joey135240 m ago

I think from when I was looking ala did a price match scheme as well as …I think from when I was looking ala did a price match scheme as well as had a discount code on piston heads that could be applied on top, making it cheaper

Brilliant, thanks! Just called them and they price matched.
There’s a 25% off ALA gap insurance via a link from MSE

Can’t comment on their GAP insurance but we’ve used their SMART insurance (scratch/dent) and they’ve been really efficient
I got my dealer to half it when I challenged them on the price.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants