GAP Insurance - Which one is better for me?

Posted 19th Mar
I'm soon taking a delivery of brand

new Kia Stonic and been looking into GAP Insurance but I cannot work out

which will be better option for me.
back to invoice
or
vehicle replacement

Car is on PCP for 3 years and after that I most likely will keep the car instead of returning it. Car cost is around (£19k).

also any recommendations for which company is good?

any help is much appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Probably anything not from the car dealer.
I think I worded out wrong.
I meant
Back to invoice
Or
Vehicle replacement
Id personally go with back to invoice.
Back to invoice gets you back to the original invoice price - check where you stand with any manufacturer contribution. ie car cost £30k, mfr contribution £3K, will they pay out £30k or £27K?

vehicle replacement gets you a new car of same spec - so if prices have gone up you're ok. check what happens if model has been discontinued or replaced. (we bought a petrol citigo knowing they were about to be discontinued - gap sellers gave very different answers about how they would handle that)

we went vehicle replacement.

edit - the other point is how much interest will you be paying and how will they handle that? I didn't worry about that as we only did pcp to get the mfr contribution and paid it off the week after collection.
Edited by: "mas99" 19th Mar
Combined vehicle replacement gap insurance id recommend on a pcp

If it was finance only then back to invoice.
Deleted_19/03/2020 15:05

Combined vehicle replacement gap insurance id recommend on a pcp If it was …Combined vehicle replacement gap insurance id recommend on a pcp If it was finance only then back to invoice.

Im on pcp. Any recommendations on which company.
mas9919/03/2020 13:33

Back to invoice gets you back to the original invoice price - check where …Back to invoice gets you back to the original invoice price - check where you stand with any manufacturer contribution. ie car cost £30k, mfr contribution £3K, will they pay out £30k or £27K?vehicle replacement gets you a new car of same spec - so if prices have gone up you're ok. check what happens if model has been discontinued or replaced. (we bought a petrol citigo knowing they were about to be discontinued - gap sellers gave very different answers about how they would handle that)we went vehicle replacement.edit - the other point is how much interest will you be paying and how will they handle that? I didn't worry about that as we only did pcp to get the mfr contribution and paid it off the week after collection.

I see. Ty. Vehicle replacement or combined seems like a better choice. Just trying to check which company now.
D3SI19/03/2020 15:07

I went with direct gap gap insurance got 2 polices with them.

you can pay monthly as well if you wanted to.
D3SI19/03/2020 15:07

I went with ala , if you change your car at any point say year two and took out a three year cover you can transfer the remaining time to the new car. Best price I could find, thankfully I haven’t had to use them so can’t comment on payout, but very helpful.
englands2819/03/2020 18:50

I went with ala , if you change your car at any point say year two and …I went with ala , if you change your car at any point say year two and took out a three year cover you can transfer the remaining time to the new car. Best price I could find, thankfully I haven’t had to use them so can’t comment on payout, but very helpful.

My PCP is 3 years, if I take 4 or 5 years instead, is the policy still valid or am I wasting money by paying extra?
My plan is to get a load once PCP is up on a lower %.
D3SI19/03/2020 18:55

My PCP is 3 years, if I take 4 or 5 years instead, is the policy still …My PCP is 3 years, if I take 4 or 5 years instead, is the policy still valid or am I wasting money by paying extra?My plan is to get a load once PCP is up on a lower %.

I’m sure but don’t quote me on it that it would only cover you for the time your on PCP. After three years you then have a personal loan and would need to take out another policy as the loan amount would lower. Give them a call for clarification.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants