Garden Raised Beds - Decking wood OK?

Posted 21st Apr
Hi

Is decking wood good for garden raised beds?
It’s treated n looks good so no brainer right?

So many decking screws out there with mixed reviews. Speaking through experience n longevity which do you recommend please?
I really only need 2 dozens or so but guess I’ll have to buy a pack of 100/200 as that’s all they sell in Toolstation/Screwfix n Milfords where I expect to buy the wood from.

Also there’s a few opinions on whether the end panels should be on the very end or on the inside to the side panels?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Make sure you line the inside wall
To stop the wood from rotting very quick
Inside to the side panels.
Done mine 10 years ago and still perfect.
Use slats as a base, let's water through.
Line with dpc membrane, under £10 in screwfix. Cut with Stanley knife to let water through.
Stain every spring.
Mix compost with some decent topsoil.
dufflecoat_moon_turkey21/04/2020 23:35

Inside to the side panels.Done mine 10 years ago and still perfect.Use …Inside to the side panels.Done mine 10 years ago and still perfect.Use slats as a base, let's water through.Line with dpc membrane, under £10 in screwfix. Cut with Stanley knife to let water through.Stain every spring.Mix compost with some decent topsoil.

Inside to side panel is correct thanks. I plan to put mine on top of current soil thou?
Also what about the best type of decking screw I should use?
I would like to make something like this.
40495484-CVrvJ.jpg
What do you plan to grow? Can you not just use the area as it is and divide, where necessary with say, decorative slabs for example?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions