Garden screening recommendations?

Posted 27th May 2020
I would like to add some garden screening, about 2 m tall by 4 m width. I'm just wondering what people would recommend, as I have noticed that it comes in several materials, ie, reed, bamboo and willow? It would be fixed up against two fence panels that are looking pretty tatty, so it would be to make the area (where we sit outside) look a lot nicer. I'm hoping to spend no more than say £30 for this. Any recommendations, please? Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
willow last longer but dont go for the cheap stuff none of it will last and even the more expensive wont last as long as panels,, have tyou thought about replacing the panels.
Edited by: "eslick" 27th May
New panels, job done.
You could get one single roll of screening that would cover 2m tall by 4m wide but it can look quite gappy as those that say 4m wide need to be stretched out a bit. For example:

primrose.co.uk/pee…938

or

screwfix.com/p/a…65k
Edited by: "Omar-C" 27th May
eslick27/05/2020 12:03

willow last longer but dont go for the cheap stuff of any of it none of it …willow last longer but dont go for the cheap stuff of any of it none of it lasts, have tyou thought about replacing the panels.

There were originally 5 x 6 ft wide panels side-by-side, however, three of them rotted and fell apart, including the posts in the ground. My neighbour has a wooden lean-to on the side of their house, so after my two panels, I am basically looking at the side of their lean-to. I noticed the other day some post concrete that said that you have to add water to the hole and pour in the concrete powder - I think that it said that it set in around 5 minutes or so. I'm interested in doing this, but how would I make sure that the post was 100% standing up straight whilst the mixture is setting? Thank you.
Sophiasky27/05/2020 15:45

There were originally 5 x 6 ft wide panels side-by-side, however, three of …There were originally 5 x 6 ft wide panels side-by-side, however, three of them rotted and fell apart, including the posts in the ground. My neighbour has a wooden lean-to on the side of their house, so after my two panels, I am basically looking at the side of their lean-to. I noticed the other day some post concrete that said that you have to add water to the hole and pour in the concrete powder - I think that it said that it set in around 5 minutes or so. I'm interested in doing this, but how would I make sure that the post was 100% standing up straight whilst the mixture is setting? Thank you.

yeah get yourself some post crete, dig the hole about 2 feet deep, put the post in the hole and leave for 5 minutes, and it will be hard enough to leave go. Get yourself a spirit level, ideally a long one but a short one will do.
Edited by: "eslick" 27th May
Post a comment
@
    Text