Expired

Garden solar light

Found 4th Apr
What's the best cheap solar lights for garden? Would the £1 solar lights from Sainsbury's/Homebase be good enough in terms of brightness?
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
Solar lights at this price point are more for decorative lighting , they aren't going to "light up" your whole garden , unless it's quite small . Also the cheaper end of the solar light market only seem to last a year or two . We have a tree with hanging solar lights and I would say only about half get enough sunlight through winter to work . We also have lanterns along both sides of our back garden , but again the light they produce is minimal and although we replaced the batteries last year, I'd be surprised if many work again this summer , again it's hard to tell at the moment as we just aren't getting enough sunlight to charge them.

I would be interested to know if the more expensive ones work any better, I would say we paid between £3-£5 each for ours and avoided the super cheap ones
Bought from the Solar Centre, they have been working well, with good light they stay on all night long. Well made. Would recommend. Different lights at different price points, but not a pound or 2 each.
Shame I binned over 20 of them at the weekend, the previous owner left them in the garden and they at best gave a feeble glow for an hour or two.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants