garden/Incinerator/neighbour

Found 19th Apr 2012
I recently bought a Garden Incinerator for burning wood and also a cheap way to keep warm while enjoying the end of a night in the garden.
After two uses a neighbour has reported me to the council for burning waste !
The council say its against the law to use an incinerator and if i don't stop I will be committing an offence.
Why do they sell these things ?
Can I no longer use my barbecue
Are expensive log burners legal ?
I love the smell of wood burning and I love sitting out with a beer talking at the end of the night. I don't do it every night nor every week due to UK weather.
I'm gutted I can no longer enjoy my garden due to one neighbour that the grim reaper has missed.
mmmmm lol I'm angry but annoyed
Community Updates
MiscGarden
20 Comments
As long as you're burning clean things, ie non toxic materials, in a proper container at an appropriate distance from anything else that's flammable (trees etc) then that's not illegal. I work for the fire service. The only thing you could get in trouble for is nuisance smoke.
Our neighbour burns things in the garden every so often and they also have a wood burner in their back garden 'house' and both stink the entire area out so i'm not suprised to be honest if they complained if you used it all evening. Admittedly I wouldn't but it does get annoying having to close all the windows etc etc

Maybe they complained as you were also out 'talking'...people are generally louder than they think they are at night so this may not have helped.
Edited by: "cdm22" 19th Apr 2012
Maybe the council thinks you are burning rubbish? Check the council website and see if they mention anything about bonfires etc

This council page has some information (it specifically mentions incinerators as a way of reducing smoke)
Edited by: "gari189" 19th Apr 2012
Yeah I can see both sides
Thanks Momartin and Cdm22
The couple are old and I think it is the nuisance smoke thats the problem for them. But hey I work and I pay my taxes and I love the smell of wood and the sound as it crackles away while i chill out tae some jazz music before bed with a beer.

Why do other people go out there way tae stop other people enjoying simple things in life ? I guess it's me that's wrong eh

Allypurinal

Yeah I can see both sides Thanks Momartin and Cdm22 The couple are old … Yeah I can see both sides Thanks Momartin and Cdm22 The couple are old and I think it is the nuisance smoke thats the problem for them. But hey I work and I pay my taxes and I love the smell of wood and the sound as it crackles away while i chill out tae some jazz music before bed with a beer.Why do other people go out there way tae stop other people enjoying simple things in life ? I guess it's me that's wrong eh

Ah, so now its fire, smoke, 'talking' and music! What next I wonder?
Edited by: "cdm22" 19th Apr 2012
Great link Baldy and gari thanks for that !!
Oi cdm22 they cant be bothered with the hot tub !! nah the 6 of us are out by 2 am
mmmmmmmmm

I wonder if we dont talk then the council will allow it ??
You might like the smell of smoke, but some people dislike other peoples smoke, especially in the summer when you need a window open to cool down, and some numpty cant be bothered to take the stuff to the dump. I hope your not out making noises and playing jazz later than 11pm?
In July then Yes
We the family venture out into our own back garden and enjoy food wine and music till the small hours. we have done for years but now I might join the 47% of uk people that wish to leave this shift hole/ excuse as a country.

I had to laugh at the TV program Gran Designs lol
A family rebuilt a historical building at great cost and only asked for a small extension so there family could life there.The goody goody, lardy dardy, namby, hoity, wishy, pamby, toity, washy, dardy, lardy, know it all, public school stiff upper lip, stiff upper house master, prim and proper, rule Brittania…" mob said NO lol

NO your not getting yer 2 extra bedrooms lol after yer 2 million output lol

Whit a Fn Counrty

^^^^^^^^^thank god for planning regulations^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
deleted265520
You cause cancer with your love of smoke
yes it must be great were u live,

The smell of burning wood in your house

if your old you are a coffin dodger - no respect and ppl think any complaint comes from you, even tho the letter from the council did not name the complainant

listening to ppl in their garden until the early hours, - esp when u go to bed early

thinking your only way of dealing with this is to complain to the council because you r too intimidated to speak to the neighbours

I so want to live there pls send me, details of your wonderful road, can not wait to move in
What the hell is 'tae'?

Speak English you idiot.
Ahh, but he pays his taxes so he can do what he likes!
Thank **** my old neighbour has moved, she and her daughter decided midnight - 5am was the best time to go out in the garden and talk/laugh/shout. I HAVE to get up in the morning - got 2 kids, those layabouts didnt - the girl skipped school/college then didnt get a job - life of leisure.
some people didnt get the memo about the 11pm noise rule. or some people cant read/dont care about other people.

I hear New Zealand is nice btw.
No parody thread yet?
On a Friday or Saturday night i think some music (not loud) and staying out talking in a back garden isn't too bad during summer, but not every night before bed though, think if a bedroom was on the back and i was trying to sleep listening to something that annoyed me would really get to me.

deleted265520
master_chief

No parody thread yet?

Sec
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants