Groups

Gardening Advice needed please

I have 4ft conifers around the back garden however on the left side a few of them are turning a little brown and not as bushy as the ones on the right hand side of the garden.

Any keen gardeners able to offer up some advice for me to help them flurish!

6 Comments

I did a quick search on "conifers brown" and found this

apps.rhs.org.uk/adv…132

Google is good you know.

Original Poster

guilbert53

I did a quick search on "conifers brown" and found … I did a quick search on "conifers brown" and found thishttp://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/Profile.aspx?pid=132Google is good you know.

Cheers cheeky! :-)

have an ask in Chesso's excellent thread as I'm on commission every time I promote it ~whistling smilie~

over the garden fence

Banned

Feed them and water them also.

Your garden's full of problem's

richp

have an ask in Chesso's excellent thread as I'm on commission every time … have an ask in Chesso's excellent thread as I'm on commission every time I promote it ~whistling smilie~over the garden fence

Haha... I'll send you some seeds for your birthday!!

Yes the gardening thread - clicky Is a good place for this kind of conundrum.
    So the problem is on the left and not on the right. That could mean it is related to location - garden conifers are quite prone to wind burn - is the right more sheltered or has a cooler aspect ( north, south etc)? Could be that the left is getting water logged or, conversely too dry

It could be the start of an infection - fungal or insects.

It could be that you have taken the trimmer a bit too deep on the affected area and it has died back.

You need to get up close and personal with your conifers to determine what the problem is before you can treat them, or you could take action which is the opposite of that which is needed. If you cannot see what the matter is, wait and it will reveal itself.

Pics would help!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions