Gardening help

Posted 11th Sep 2020
Thought I'd ask here for you smart people.

I have 10 of these and they're already really filthy. I have tried hot soapy water to no avail.

Any ideas?

royalestones.co.uk/roy…tml
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Just dirt or algae?

Sandstone is very porous so will pick up dirt/stains. I'd try something like jeyes fluid with a scrubbing brush - but I'd lift them abnd do the cleaning somewhere that the run off isnt going to kill your lawn.
Hi have you tried a jet wash on it?
mas9911/09/2020 20:16

Just dirt or algae?Sandstone is very porous so will pick up dirt/stains. …Just dirt or algae?Sandstone is very porous so will pick up dirt/stains. I'd try something like jeyes fluid with a scrubbing brush - but I'd lift them abnd do the cleaning somewhere that the run off isnt going to kill your lawn.

Just dirt. They're only a couple of months old but we've been doing lots of gardening. My fault.
devshib11/09/2020 20:18

Hi have you tried a jet wash on it?

I daren't - they're not particularly thick stones...
A picture of what they look like now would be good
just maybe that is how they 'age' rather than 'treating' them
Put jet wash on medium settings, it will be ok, then try full pressure.
Wongy11011/09/2020 20:24

A picture of what they look like now would be goodjust maybe that is how …A picture of what they look like now would be goodjust maybe that is how they 'age' rather than 'treating' them

They're only a couple of months old. But we have walked on them loads whilst gardening

41894699-h83iw.jpg
rawkinrich11/09/2020 20:26

They're only a couple of months old. But we have walked on them loads …They're only a couple of months old. But we have walked on them loads whilst gardening[Image]

And they look fine to my mind
but each to their own
Thats not bad, its a used garden not a display garden. I wouldn't worry about that.
rawkinrich11/09/2020 20:26

They're only a couple of months old. But we have walked on them loads …They're only a couple of months old. But we have walked on them loads whilst gardening[Image]

Unless I'm missing something I don't see what the problem is here. It just looks like a paving stone that has has been walked on for a couple of months?

Just get some patio & stone cleaner liquid and pressure wash them. You can even use just the cleaner liquid and scrub it in with a stiff yard broom or brush if you haven't got a pressure washer.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 12th Sep
50/50 water and bleach is what I use on my sandstone patio
Haircut_10011/09/2020 20:32

Unless I'm missing something I don't see what the problem is here. It just …Unless I'm missing something I don't see what the problem is here. It just looks like a paving stone that has has been walked on for a couple of months? Just get a some patio & stone cleaner liquid and pressure wash them.

Then that's what I'll do. Thanks
Use the patio cleaner attachment on the pressure washer, it will scrub the dirt off. Google / YouTube Patio Cleaner Attachment.
psychobitchfromhell11/09/2020 20:33

50/50 water and bleach is what I use on my sandstone patio

I wouldn't use it while they're on grass though!
ei8hty5ive12/09/2020 08:33

I wouldn't use it while they're on grass though!

I have to be careful because my patio includes a pond with fish. You can do it. Grass is very forgiving.
If you think they look dirty now wait until Winter arrives then you'll know what dirty looks like
Post a comment
@
    Text