Garmin Fenix 5

Found 6th Jan 2017
Just seen its due for release in march for $599. so will probably be £599 in the Uk.
Not sure if its worth upgrading from the 3 but it does mean that the 3's will be coming down in price for those that are still waiting for a price drop.

Link to DC rainmaker review: dcrainmaker.com/201…tml
Community Updates
MiscGarmin
14 Comments
Seems like a good watch shame no microphone
Thanks for posting.
I'll stick with my 3.
The mapping feature I can live without and just use a phone.
It's easy to create courses (with turn by turn instructions) from the Garmin Connect site and download them to the watch if needed.

I hope this device doesn't suffer a similar fate, to another device which skipped a number when updating recently.
(Samsung Note 5 to Note 7)
Starting price looks to be £499 very interested in this sounds a great watch also can be used for golf
bobjack83

Starting price looks to be £499 very interested in this sounds a great … Starting price looks to be £499 very interested in this sounds a great watch also can be used for golf

You can use the Fenix 3 for golf too.
I've not tried it. But, you can download lots of golf courses to the watch.
bobjack83

Starting price looks to be £499 very interested in this sounds a great … Starting price looks to be £499 very interested in this sounds a great watch also can be used for golf

Got one today for £400 . I wasnt going to bother as I have the Sapphire 3HR but couldnt resist at that price to give it a go as I wouldnt lose anything reselling it but I think its only going to be worth upgrading to the 5X which is way too expensive at the moment.
Shatwell

Thanks for posting.I'll stick with my 3.The mapping feature I can live … Thanks for posting.I'll stick with my 3.The mapping feature I can live without and just use a phone.It's easy to create courses (with turn by turn instructions) from the Garmin Connect site and download them to the watch if needed.I hope this device doesn't suffer a similar fate, to another device which skipped a number when updating recently.(Samsung Note 5 to Note 7)

Apparently Garmin skipped straight to 5 from 3 because Fenix4 means something like failure in Chinese.
It looks like its only the 5X that has the mapping which is disapointing .
rhinopaul

Got one today for £400 . I wasnt going to bother as I have the Sapphire … Got one today for £400 . I wasnt going to bother as I have the Sapphire 3HR but couldnt resist at that price to give it a go as I wouldnt lose anything reselling it but I think its only going to be worth upgrading to the 5X which is way too expensive at the moment.

​Where did you get one for 400?
Amazon France had it reduced until this morning and for some reason they reduced it further so I actually ended up paying about £387 using Amazon own converter.
I've always liked the look of the Fenix but it's just way too big for my wrist so I like the look of the Fenix 5s although it's not cheap and it looks noticeably bigger and heavier than my Vivoactive.

John
Is the £400 offer still on do you have a link
bobjack83

Is the £400 offer still on do you have a link

No, it finished this morning.I dont know why it was reduced like that either, it was only the 47mm silver with granite blue strap and the 42mm white versions.
[img]scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t…jpg?oh=a8d98dcefd8fd7e2136ed4b2352804e2&oe=5999C100[/img]
Edited by: "rhinopaul" 3rd Apr 2017
Great deal hope you enjoy so much want to buy but I'm injured and can't merit buying a running watch when I'm limping about !!
bobjack83

Great deal hope you enjoy so much want to buy but I'm injured and can't … Great deal hope you enjoy so much want to buy but I'm injured and can't merit buying a running watch when I'm limping about !!

Thanks. Yeah not much good buying it until you recover but to be honest I really think its only worth upgrading from a 3HR to a 5X. There really doesnt seem to be much between the 5 plus its not sapphire like my 3HR and lacks the wifi so I will be comparing the 2 but I have a feeling I will be keeping the 3HR until the 5X comes on Amazon at a good price.
Hope you recover soon.
Received the Fenix 5 today.
I need to play with the 5 more to get a real comparison but so far It has a slightly better user interface and better screen clarity. The strap however feels very cheap.
It is a bit smaller than my 3HR but I prefer the bulkier 3HR for size.

I paid £387 for this Fenix 5 and only £290 for my 3HR Sapphire. So far I think I will stick with my 3HR until I can see the 5X.

I think if you are debating between the two then the Fenix 3 for money is a better choice. I was lucky to get the 5 for the price I did but they are pretty much £500 at the mo compared to a Fenix 3 for under £300.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants