Garmin satnav DriveAssist 50 memory card

Found 2nd Aug 2017
I spotted an offer on here months ago which I took advantage of. Ex display satnav with a build in dash cam.
The satnav didn't come with a memory card so I bought a cheap 256gb micro-sd card online. The satnav keeps saying i've to format the card but when I click to do it, the same message just keeps reappearing. Has anyone any knowledge of these? The woman in Halfords said it needs to be a garmin memory card but it felt like she was fobbing me off...
Thanks, in advance.

Craig.
Community Updates
5 Comments
31598075-BKUeU.jpg
Halfords are talking rubbish.A 256GB card is probably too big and unsupported,try an 8GB or 16GB I dont think you will need bigger than that.
Hi craighunter86. A quick, simple look in the instruction manual tells that a memory card from 4 to 64gb (class 10) can be used so I would assume your one is too large for the SatNav to handle. DracUK is correct in saying that you'd never need anything of that size in your Garmin. Bit 'overkill' really! Hehe.

Best regards, Phsy.
Also, I've never heard of a "cheap" 256gb card - apart from fake ones, that is. How cheap was it and did you get it from a business or eBay? I would test the card to verify it's true capacity just as a precaution. Otherwise, if you use it to store info you risk losing it should the card be a 'shifty' one.

There is some good advice/info/tools available here:

raymond.cc/blo…tw/

Worth a read.

Cheers, Phsy.
DracUK39 m ago

Halfords are talking rubbish.A 256GB card is probably too big and …Halfords are talking rubbish.A 256GB card is probably too big and unsupported,try an 8GB or 16GB I dont think you will need bigger than that.

I just assumed that a larger one would be better as it'd be recording. I'll head out and buy one this week. Thanks very much for your help 🏼
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants