Groups

Garmin vs TomTom

My mum wants to get my Dad a sat-nav for xmas, but we've never had any experience with them before. Any suggestions on brands or models?
    After a quick browse I prefer the interface of the TomToms, but the live services are expensive after the first year. The only requirement is that it's a good one, and has Europe mapping (they're hiring a car in Portugal in the summer...)

Thanks

6 Comments

http://i56.tinypic.com/j16fif.jpg

i would personally reccommend the tom tom, had one for 3 years and still works a charm - incredibly easy to use and very clear.

tom tom ftw !

Banned

lol. Silly question dude... tomtom every single time.

Some loser will pop up and say they've had some 8 year old Garmin and its fantastic, but seriously - ignore them morons.

Tomtom. No question.

I have a Garmin and i really dont like it, mind it is 3 years old now.....i only got it because it was pink X)

its a little crap when you come to a road with many turn offs as its unclear which one to take, im gonna get a tom tom next time fo sho
    Edited by: "ilovepink" 15th Dec 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285990
      2. Your dream gaming set up?2659
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846322
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1841

See more discussions