Gas Cooker Hose Required

Found 17th Oct 2017
Hi all,

In need of some advice. I am looking to purchase a second hand gas cooker for a rented house.
But before I do that I would just like to know which gas hose will fit
in to my gas line?

Please find the below gas line which I have at my house.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
ceres1 m ago

Ask the Gas Safe engineer that you're going to employ to connect it up for …Ask the Gas Safe engineer that you're going to employ to connect it up for you.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
shadey121 h, 15 m ago

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If it is a rented property and someone else's life depends upon this work then exactly as the previous posters have said - you need a Gas Safe qualified fitter.
32267971-t1jqC.jpg
Van19735 m ago

If it is a rented property and someone else's life depends upon this work …If it is a rented property and someone else's life depends upon this work then exactly as the previous posters have said - you need a Gas Safe qualified fitter.

I am going to get a gas safe person to fit it in and provide me with the relevant certs. But before I purchase the gas cooker I just wanted to know which gas hose to purchase that will fit my gas line?

My gas line picture is attached.
ceres1 h, 23 m ago

Ask the Gas Safe engineer that you're going to employ to connect it up for …Ask the Gas Safe engineer that you're going to employ to connect it up for you.

I am going to get a gas safe person to fit it in and provide me with the relevant certs. But before I purchase the gas cooker I just wanted to know which gas hose to purchase that will fit my gas line?

My gas line picture is attached.32267977-e4JZQ.jpg
Maybe something like This
ding25 m ago

Maybe something like This

its a micro bayonet gas hose as below
micro gas hose
32268400-FPoBE.jpg
Edited by: "refix" 17th Oct 2017
Mere humans used to be able to do this themselves - but not legally any more. Your landlord may have a "qualified" hoppo who will do it for you. I do mine myself and will argue in court that I did it safely.
You can always use gas leak detection fluid - a bit of washing-up liquid in water - which bubbles where gas is coming out.
zzzz39 m ago

Mere humans used to be able to do this themselves - but not legally any …Mere humans used to be able to do this themselves - but not legally any more. Your landlord may have a "qualified" hoppo who will do it for you. I do mine myself and will argue in court that I did it safely.You can always use gas leak detection fluid - a bit of washing-up liquid in water - which bubbles where gas is coming out.

And how would you check the rest of the second hand gas cooker wasn’t leaking?
zzzz40 m ago

Mere humans used to be able to do this themselves - but not legally any …Mere humans used to be able to do this themselves - but not legally any more. Your landlord may have a "qualified" hoppo who will do it for you. I do mine myself and will argue in court that I did it safely.You can always use gas leak detection fluid - a bit of washing-up liquid in water - which bubbles where gas is coming out.

I thought that it was illegal to diy unless gas safe registered

regardless of how well you can argue it in court, you'll still be found guilty of any consequences....
Just get a gas safe guy to install and provide the connection pipe. He wont charge that much for the connection as it wont be expensive. I wouldnt try to buy a new one yourself
The biggest risk when using bicycle inner tube for gas bodging is from a fire - the inner tube isn't resistant to the heat.
I wouldn't buy used gas cooker - probably being sold because of a fault.
I think electricity is more dangerous - some people cannot wire a plug correctly
zzzz1 h, 8 m ago

The biggest risk when using bicycle inner tube for gas bodging is from a …The biggest risk when using bicycle inner tube for gas bodging is from a fire - the inner tube isn't resistant to the heat.I wouldn't buy used gas cooker - probably being sold because of a fault.I think electricity is more dangerous - some people cannot wire a plug correctly

electrics are not as dangerous these days as there is the consumer unit which switches the power off if the wiring is faulty. if you wire the wrong connections, often nothing drastic happens except the appliance won't work.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants