Groups

Gas, Electric, economy 7. Eon or southern (or someone else) ... confused..

Right so a man from Southern Electric knocked on the door last night .. Been looking to compare utility suppliers for ages so thought I would listen to what he had to say ..
    He informed me that we have an economy 7 meter which is means our bills are more expensive.. and swopping to them meant that they would fit a new meter free if charge(non E7) and the rate would drop from 29p per unit to 14p per unit... so great
    Is this really the case.. how can a meter decide how much you pay .. we are with Eon standard energy plan .. I have signed with Southern is it the right decision .. ?
    Any input much appreciated

7 Comments

Read this.

I would cancel until you have had time to do some homework. We get people knocking around all the time. If you are on a monthly bill then I would ring Eon and speak with them. I have just come out of a two year capped deal and saw that other companies were offering cheap deals. I phoned Customer service and the guy straight away said that I was on an expensive package and changed it over the phone.

I am not proclaiming to be an expert and if you are on a card meter (if thats what they call them) then sorry what I have said won't help

man at the door says it all think about it

im paying 12.75 per unit
    and im with ebico
    Edited by: "d3lboy" 6th Jan 2011

Did you check out how much Eon charge for the same service?

I never buy anything from door knockers they are all on commision, most lie through their teeth to get a sale.

Do it your self dont listen to anyone who is trying to sell you somthing they want there cut.
    Step 1 work out how much Gas+Elec you used in the last year.
    Step 2 Convert in to kwhs use this tool for gas Elec norm is in kwhs

energylinx.co.uk/gas…tml

Step 3 go to uswitch its independant so you get a ture comparison thet also take Economy 7 into account.
    Step 4 see best deal they check if quidco.com or topcashback.co.uk will offer and cashback towards the deal.
    Step 5 Switch and save money.
    Simple

Edited by: "bigwheels" 6th Jan 2011

Banned

Haha I get these all the time, he says

SE: "did you know that your unit cost has dropped?"
    me: no
    SE: "Would you like to get your unit cost dropped?"
    me: yes
    SE: "To do this I need to come in and speak to you for 10 minutes"
    me: no
    SE: "okay so I'll just put on here your okay for me to do this for you"
    me: okay

nothing has happened, I'm still paying the same damn unit cost! as I'm with E-on!

Oh and to answer your question economy 7 is cheaper at night, so if you work 9-5 then put all your washing and drying on during the night, think it's after 9pm.
    Edited by: "lumoruk" 6th Jan 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO78
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30384
      4. PlayStation Hacked Again?44

See more discussions