gas electric units per month

Found 1st Apr 2017
just wondering how much electric and gas do other people use per month on average.
last month march we used 650 units of electricity and about 100 units of gas.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
12 Comments
Feb was 325kwh electric and 1817kwh gas was £120
Can't find units? Is that readings from meter?
18000 kWh gas and 5000 kWh elec per year is average. That's me plus wife and 2 kids in detached insulated 3 bed. I work for BG. Electric units are displayed in kWh but gas will be in cubic feet or cubic metres. This is calculated into kWh on your bill
Edited by: "whydoineedastupidusername" 1st Apr 2017
I live alone most of the times so my figures will be below that of the average household. Last months electricity 142kwh, gas 600kwh. I'm guessing that you use electricity for heating.
Edited by: "bogglebrain" 1st Apr 2017
Last month just billed, 123 kWh electricity, 1045 kWh gas.
That's a lot for electricity do u use it for heating or growing plants etc. The gas not sure if what's the usage as roughly. it could be 1100kwh or 3400kwh. depending on what type of meter u have or maybe some other amount. Do u have a large house guessing from ur usage.
whydoineedastupidusername

18000 kWh gas and 5000 kWh elec per year is average. That's me plus wife … 18000 kWh gas and 5000 kWh elec per year is average. That's me plus wife and 2 kids in detached insulated 3 bed. I work for BG. Electric units are displayed in kWh but gas will be in cubic feet or cubic metres. This is calculated into kWh on your bill

I often wonder why gas suppliers over complicate their bills by converting cubic metres into KWh. They may as well just charge for what the units on the meter show. It would make it a lot easier to check and query a bill or perhaps that's what they don't want. At least gas is about six times cheaper per KWh compared to electric. Looks like those ugly wind turbines have got a long way to go before electric is cheap
Smartguy1

I often wonder why gas suppliers over complicate their bills by … I often wonder why gas suppliers over complicate their bills by converting cubic metres into KWh. They may as well just charge for what the units on the meter show. It would make it a lot easier to check and query a bill or perhaps that's what they don't want. At least gas is about six times cheaper per KWh compared to electric. Looks like those ugly wind turbines have got a long way to go before electric is cheap

Not a very apt username then?

Its easy to convert the gas figures, most (if not all bills) tell you how to do it.

OP: My last annual figures were 15000 leccy and 4500 gas. Thats a 3 bed semi, with an electric cooker
mac9091

Not a very apt username then? :DIts easy to convert the gas figures, most … Not a very apt username then? :DIts easy to convert the gas figures, most (if not all bills) tell you how to do it.OP: My last annual figures were 15000 leccy and 4500 gas. Thats a 3 bed semi, with an electric cooker

You should go an work for your local council....Perhaps read my post properly. I don't think it says anywhere in the post that I couldn't work it out did I. The conversion factors are there. My point is, WHAT IS THE POINT. If I use 100 cubic metres of gas then the bill should say 100 m3 supplied @ £whatever. There is absolutely no need to take one unit of measure, multiply it by some other value and then by 3.6 or whatever. Just charge me as my meter says in cubic metres. I don't need to know what KWh my gas is. I am only interested in how much I have used and how much I am paying.

Whilst we are on the subject, NOT SO SMARTGUY, part of my job is looking after lots of properties and authorising those bills for payment. In order to do that I have to check that what is supplied is correct. That means checking all of the calculations on the bills. Time wasted.
Edited by: "Smartguy1" 1st Apr 2017
mac9091

Not a very apt username then? :DIts easy to convert the gas figures, most … Not a very apt username then? :DIts easy to convert the gas figures, most (if not all bills) tell you how to do it.OP: My last annual figures were 15000 leccy and 4500 gas. Thats a 3 bed semi, with an electric cooker

15000/4500. You have the wrong way round. Electric kWh is normally the lower one
Smartguy1

I often wonder why gas suppliers over complicate their bills by … I often wonder why gas suppliers over complicate their bills by converting cubic metres into KWh. They may as well just charge for what the units on the meter show. It would make it a lot easier to check and query a bill or perhaps that's what they don't want. At least gas is about six times cheaper per KWh compared to electric. Looks like those ugly wind turbines have got a long way to go before electric is cheap

​we have a 5 bed semi and have 17 rads over 3 floors.
whydoineedastupidusername

15000/4500. You have the wrong way round. Electric kWh is normally the … 15000/4500. You have the wrong way round. Electric kWh is normally the lower one

​i totally agree with what you are saying. all you want is the amount used and it's how much it's cost you. we don't need a breakdown or some conversion to take place just to know what it's cost us.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants