Gas grill not working, very low flame.

Found 10th Feb 2012
I have a rangemasted WL55 cooker (gas) and everything works, except the grill, when its on, it light but the flame is far too low to cook any food. The flame is only blue, coming out of 10 jets. Any idea what could be causing this, or how much a gas safe engineer may charge to look at this? Thanks.
Community Updates
MiscGrill
16 Comments
GET OUT OF THE HOUSE oO

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Give it a good clean
Gas is meant to be a blue flame? the orange flame is only when its bouncing off another surface such as the grilling surface
its like the flame is on very low, but even when turned up full, theres no change to the flow to the grill.
Flames the size of a match head.
have you cleaned it recently? i find that when i used to clean the gas hob, this would happen until some hours later when it gets completely dry.
generaloneill

Flames the size of a match head.

Have you ran out of gas?
Are they working on the gas lines anywhere near?
is the grill clean and free to flow?

Ive no idea but 3 questions I could think off
Have you ran out of gas?
nope

Are they working on the gas lines anywhere near?
no

is the grill clean and free to flow?
cleanish, lol. Any idea what is the best cleaner to use, maybe degreasing spray in the jets?

generaloneill

Have you ran out of gas?nopeAre they working on the gas lines anywhere … Have you ran out of gas?nopeAre they working on the gas lines anywhere near?nois the grill clean and free to flow?cleanish, lol. Any idea what is the best cleaner to use, maybe degreasing spray in the jets?

If its only just happened I doubt its dirt/grease

There isnt a leak?

Could the gas of been turned down by accident when cleaning or something?

I did find this!!! dont know if its true though

The yellow flame means that Carbon Monoxide is being produced, this is dangerous to your health. Dont use the oven until the fault has been rectified!
mutley1

have you cleaned it recently? i find that when i used to clean the gas … have you cleaned it recently? i find that when i used to clean the gas hob, this would happen until some hours later when it gets completely dry.

this little laughing dog is right, if youve cleaned it recently it may be the cause.

If its not because of cleaning it, well then your fresh out of luck here
Put a drop of paraffin on your bread & your toast will be ready in seconds
Rupz

this little laughing dog is right, if youve cleaned it recently it may be … this little laughing dog is right, if youve cleaned it recently it may be the cause. If its not because of cleaning it, well then your fresh out of luck here

oi Rupz, less of the "little" please. you're giving me an inferiority complex man. no need to tell everyone.

perhaps the OP owes money to the gas suppier so they are restricting his access? X)
mutley1

oi Rupz, less of the "little" please. you're giving me an inferiority … oi Rupz, less of the "little" please. you're giving me an inferiority complex man. no need to tell everyone.perhaps the OP owes money to the gas suppier so they are restricting his access? X)

Traffic shaping gone MAD!!!!!
Nailez

Traffic shaping gone MAD!!!!!

how are you buddy long time no speak
Not bad matey just been chilling and actually working at work you have been the one hiding where you at? found netmums for the ladys?
Nailez

Not bad matey just been chilling and actually working at work you have … Not bad matey just been chilling and actually working at work you have been the one hiding where you at? found netmums for the ladys?

good, about time you did some work!!! kidding, i like you have been working my ass off.

netmums.... brb lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions