Gas safety certificate for cooker installation at rental property

Found 26th Jun
Hi I need to change the gas cooker at a rental property. I'm assuming this needs to be corgi registered? Do I also need a seperate gas safety certificate for this? Any ideas ok price would be helpful.
Thanks
Community Updates
8 Comments
Yes. £50. Might want to get the annual check done at teh same time
Corgi reference understood but replaced by "Gas Safe" a while ago gassaferegister.co.uk/. Installation should be Gas Safe certified. Cert cost anywhere from £30 upwards depending on your location; may be beneficial to also (re)cert any other gas applicances at same property at same time.
You don't need a certificate for a new installation, although any half decent gas man will be issuing one with the install anyway.

I charge £80 to change a cooker, this includes a new hose, chain, and minor pipework alterations as required.
British Gas do a Landlord Homecare cover, giving boiler and controls cover, yearly boiler service and issue a gas safety cert for all the gas appliances in the property. Might be worth looking into for peace of mind going forward, Roughly £15-£20 per month.
Toptrumpet3 h, 27 m ago

British Gas do a Landlord Homecare cover, giving boiler and controls …British Gas do a Landlord Homecare cover, giving boiler and controls cover, yearly boiler service and issue a gas safety cert for all the gas appliances in the property. Might be worth looking into for peace of mind going forward, Roughly £15-£20 per month.

I have this already, they quoted £202 to install and add to the gas safety certificate
ccnp5 h, 34 m ago

Yes. £50. Might want to get the annual check done at teh same time

Yes the check was just done last week and tenant just notified me now of problems with the cooker.
BG are best avoided.

I use the gas safe man that my rental agent recommends so she can organise callouts if needed..
Thanks for all the advice
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants