Gatso speed camera didn't flash (old type)

Posted 17th Mar 2019
so I was driving home last night after a super long day at work and stupidly didn't watch my speed on a strech of road where there are speed cameras 😥 i just feel so stupid that I was speeding. speedometer was showing around 48/49mph in 40mph zone but I didn't see the camera flash at all. its the older gatso camera with a flash, maybe my true speed was less? guess all i can do is wait and see but I do know these cameras flash and i don't remember seeing it flash, any comments
3198823-ewX0B.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

20 Comments
I would say you got away with it. You would definitely know if it flashed, so it’s either turned off or out of order.
Edited by: "Spider-Bite" 17th Mar 2019
Spider-Bite17/03/2019 12:10

I would say you get away with it. You would definitely know if it flashed, …I would say you get away with it. You would definitely know if it flashed, so I it’s either turned off or out of order.

Hope so, its kept me up all night. I have a clean licence
deleted1080215
You may also have been just within tolerance on the speed.
Don't worry about it.. Been flashed and through many speed traps when I convinced myself they got me and nothing came in post.. Spoilt a family day out for me once as was annoyed at myself but nothing came of it.. That's why I hate them so much. Be brilliant if they sent email or you could look up online,as would take the stress out of waiting
Edited by: "wayners" 17th Mar 2019
If it didn’t flash think you probably didn’t get caught, I know it happens, there’s a camera near me and it’s down hill so you have to focus on your speed as going down hill the speed shoots up itself!
Even if you did get caught, probably get let off with a driver awareness course. You were not stupidly over the speed limit.
Generally they have a 10% & 2mph rule. So 40mph would be 46mph.
Stop worrying m
adamderak17/03/2019 15:54

Even if you did get caught, probably get let off with a driver awareness …Even if you did get caught, probably get let off with a driver awareness course. You were not stupidly over the speed limit. Generally they have a 10% & 2mph rule. So 40mph would be 46mph.Stop worrying m

Thanks all for comment thats assuring, just have to wait 2 weeks and keep my fingers crossed.
If you are the registered keeper you will know within 14 days.
Get a GPS speed app and see what it shows when your speedo shows 49mph.
It used to be 10% + 1mph, so 44mph
One near me hasn't flashed for years, people fly through it. Idiots.
Edited by: "iBelieveYouHaveMyStapler" 17th Mar 2019
Always worrying. We got flashed a couple of times but nothing came of it thank goodness. If it didn’t flash, then you probably got away with it.

I thought maybe these cameras may no longer flash with new technology in them, even though they look the old type on the outside
I got caught twice within in a few weeks a couple of years ago. It’s absolutey destroyed my driving, I get so concerned about going over the speed limit, my driving is genuinely worse now as I’m concentrating so much on the speedo. The number of times I’ve been overtaken doing a 30 in a 30 is crazy. I know it’s kind of an irrational fear as if I get caught again it’s not the end of the world, but I tend to obsess a bit over it if I think there’s any chance I have!

As I type this I can hear the odd car speeding down the main road near ours and it’s rarely those idiots that get caught
Edited by: "ytfc_nick" 17th Mar 2019
ytfc_nick5 m ago

I got caught twice within in a few weeks a couple of years ago. It’s a …I got caught twice within in a few weeks a couple of years ago. It’s absolutey destroyed my driving, I get so concerned about going over the speed limit, my driving is genuinely worse now as I’m concentrating so much on the speedo. The number of times I’ve been overtaken doing a 30 in a 30 is crazy. I know it’s kind of an irrational fear as if I get caught again it’s not the end of the world, but I tend to obsess a bit over it if I think there’s any chance I have!As I type this I can hear the odd car speeding down the main road near ours and it’s rarely those idiots that get caught

Its always in the back of your mind i can relate to that, I do drive cautiously much to the frustration of my family
windym17/03/2019 18:34

If you are the registered keeper you will know within 14 days.

Unless your name is David Beckham. If so it will turn up on day 15 and you can contest it with the courts and win
ehsan11117/03/2019 12:14

Hope so, its kept me up all night. I have a clean licence

Even if you was caught you will be offered to go on a speed course rather than have points .

Worse case you get to go on a course for 6 hours
ashmac18/03/2019 17:33

Even if you was caught you will be offered to go on a speed course rather … Even if you was caught you will be offered to go on a speed course rather than have points .Worse case you get to go on a course for 6 hours

It's not free though, is it?
esar18/03/2019 18:00

It's not free though, is it?

Think its 90 quid
The speed awareness course cost 90 quid but i am aware i could be fined upto 350
Your fine. Speedometer over reads. Those old boy cameras are basically just deterrents now. It’s just mobile speed vans and newer static camera you got to be careful of.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants