Gatwick Airport Parking Expensive!?

Found 23rd Mar 2017
Looking to book 16 days of parking at Gatwick airport, but the cheapest I can find is over £80, I spent less than that parking for over a month at heathrow. Happy to park off site. Any recommendations?
Was considering meet and greet as you can get it an it cheaper but probably not worth the risk.

Thanks

Dan
Community Updates
AskAirport ParkingGatwick
15 Comments
I've used purple parking st Gatwick before, but can't remember the price. That was for 2 weeks.
My aunt and uncle go to Thailand for 2 weeks every year and they spend both the night before their flight from gatwick and the night they land back in uk in a b&b who allow them to leave their car with them while they are away.
That may be worth investigating?

Edited by: "Martianz" 23rd Mar 2017
I paid £68 for 19 days, used purple parking with discount code POP15
Martianz

My aunt and uncle go to Thailand for 2 weeks every year and they spend … My aunt and uncle go to Thailand for 2 weeks every year and they spend both the night before their flight from gatwick and the night they land back in uk in a b&b who allow them to leave their car with them while they are away.That may be worth investigating?

that sounds like a good deal; would the b&b be reasonably priced?
I have also stayed overnight before flying and got free parking. It was half the price of parking.
Yuksel

I paid £68 for 19 days, used purple parking with discount code POP15

Thanks still can't get it under £82 with that code though.....wonder if it's the dates I'm picking (mid may).
jonnithomas

I have also stayed overnight before flying and got free parking. It was … I have also stayed overnight before flying and got free parking. It was half the price of parking.

Thanks where did you stay? I can't find anything under £100 with hotel and parking.
I have used Cophall parking in the past, reasonably priced as not on site.
Can you not pay a family member to drop you off and pick you up. I was sent a different code for purple parking, maybe try this it might get a different discount ' E427W '
Edited by: "ding" 24th Mar 2017
borat1234

Thanks where did you stay? I can't find anything under £100 with hotel … Thanks where did you stay? I can't find anything under £100 with hotel and parking.

superbreak.com/go/…ils?search=2&accomCode=2195

£37 per person so £74 for a couple. free parking and airport 3 miles away with shuttle. this is Best Western just look at big chains.
btw, check the full location of off airport parking. at Stansted I nearly missed a flight as the car park was very hard to find and the entrance opened nearly an hour later than listed.

personally I wouldn't use valet parking where you drive to the airport and they take the car off you. there are lots of examples of car being used by staff while you are away and being 'stored' just on public side roads on industrial parks. It's better where you park the car and know where it is.
I have used APH quite a few times now, I always leave car at their depot and catch the bus, it states 10 minutes away and it really is. They do offer 20% off but not sure if they do a better offer if first time user. Not had any trouble or damage, car is ready in reception area on return. I am sure they do drop off at the airport as well. http://www.aph.com/welcome-back-loyal-parking.shtml?code=home&ref=dl16c&utm_source=email&utm_medium=direct&utm_campaign=weekly
This is a link
thearbiter65

I've used purple parking st Gatwick before, but can't remember the price. … I've used purple parking st Gatwick before, but can't remember the price. That was for 2 weeks.

​Plus you'll always find discount codes for purple parking. I've used them. Very good
Thanks for all the replys.

Used purple parking loads of time precious (discount code rac always works out the cheapest) but couldn't get below £82. In the end I booked through holiday extras, for a Hotel the night before (can get up at 7.30am instead of 4.30am now) and parking is included.....all for £74!!!!! Transfers cost 9 each way for both of us, so works out at just £10 more with the hotel room. So pretty pleased and feels like I'm getting a lot better value than just paying for parking!

So thanks to jonnithomas for the suggestion!!
Try looking on http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/

We usually do the stay and park deal at Gatwick worth holiday inn which is a realy nice hotel
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants