GCSE Certificates

Found 13th Jan 2013
Right so here goes:

Recently applied for a new job, all went well.. On the journey back I left my achievement folder on the train

I rang the exam board and they want £39 PER certificate to replace these, I have around 14 that need printing off including A-levels.

I have these all scanned and save on my computer, so I checked online and you can print these off legally(as long as you don't add a hologram, then it is not forgery) and use them for interviews

Anybody any idea what type of paper/exact color i would need? Or if a printing company would do it?

I think it is 210gsm on an off white/off yellow colour.. Can anybody verify this??
Cheers
Community Updates
Misc
28 Comments
This is an example:

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/3792/image21111.jpg

Edited by: "jinx745" 13th Jan 2013
Why you hide your grade? You cant be that 'dumb'
why not phone the train company?
ifrazalam

Why you hide your grade? You cant be that 'dumb'

You must be, if you cant read that i said it was an example. (It isn't mine)
I suppose you could still use the photocopies but you may become unstuck if they ask to see the originals. Anybody can use photocopies hence the use of holograms and requesting for original documents. Your employer also may find it odd if they request to see the originals and you stall because the exam boards do take a few weeks to process replacements.

I actually misplaced one of my GCSE certificates and had to go through this awful process, there is no other way unfortunately and they will all come printed on one certificate for each exam board used!
oooh, well done for scanning and saving. I'd have never bothered myself- but it's a good backup to have
sassie

why not phone the train company?

Already have mate, no joy.
as sassie says, call the train company (and maybe ALL the stations it stops at?) i'd even call at the plods offices to see if anything handed in

edt: aah, ok

Edited by: "samwants2save" 13th Jan 2013
jinx745

Already have mate, no joy.

what train company? how long ago? what was the trains final destination, you tried their station, anything gotta be cheaper than replacing, may as well sit the bloody exams lol
sassie

what train company? how long ago? what was the trains final destination, … what train company? how long ago? what was the trains final destination, you tried their station, anything gotta be cheaper than replacing, may as well sit the bloody exams lol

Already done it all lol, £546 to replace them -_-

do you have facebook, maybe put it on there, get all your friend to post to, putting details of journey taken, etc maybe worth a shot
Ring yoir local LEA, they can giveyou a print out of your grades i think it's free. Although it's not the actual cert If i remeber i nver got certs for my GCE/CSE just the print out.
you dont really need them, any company worth their salt if grades are important (for example applying to be a teacher) will do an independant check of your grades
Edited by: "Aeschylus" 13th Jan 2013
Try the train station again, they could be in lost property in another station on the line. Just watch someone doesn't try to use your certs, can't honestly see why anyone would want to use someone elses certs, not much use to them.
ofqual.gov.uk/hel…te/
Sounds like you could ask the exam board for a print out instead. That could be a lot cheaper.
To smacked its that expensive to get replacements.

Train cleaner will have chucked them probably and not realised the papers were valuable.
Why do you need the certificates, surely the employer will take what you have written as the truth and then make their own mind up about you when going through the interview process, if it were me I wouldn't bother.
whatsThePoint

shame you didn't have any gcse's in common sense, you could of … shame you didn't have any gcse's in common sense, you could of photocopied or remembered them then

OP - 'I have these all scanned and save on my computer'

Few too many drinkies last night is it WTP?
aircanman

Why do you need the certificates, surely the employer will take what you … Why do you need the certificates, surely the employer will take what you have written as the truth and then make their own mind up about you when going through the interview process, if it were me I wouldn't bother.

Not just for that, I may not actually get the job - I need these & will have them for life .

whatsThePoint

shame you didn't have any gcse's in common sense, you could of … shame you didn't have any gcse's in common sense, you could of photocopied or remembered them then

[img]i0.kym-cdn.com/pho…jpg?1321408042[/img]

WTP, how old are you? Most jobs require the originals, not photocopies.
Best just spend all that money on some nice fake degree certificates, become a doctor or something.
Can you claim on your house insurance to pay for replacements?

I know this is dishonest but if my son lost his then we'd say that we accidently threw them out whilst having a clearout, and claim that way.
Edited by: "Mark2111" 13th Jan 2013
whatsThePoint

Not just for that, I may not actually get the job - I need these & will … Not just for that, I may not actually get the job - I need these & will have them until i lose them on a train, which won't be long

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_p2_8aZ7honk/TSbjFq7t84I/AAAAAAAAADs/-kJJqoOL5iw/s1600/Internet-Warrior-500x400.jpg
whatsThePoint

added to my miscer with dishonest son list

It would be me being dishonest. I wouldn't tell my son.
Argh, if I came across that on a train I'd hand it straight in knowing how much hassle it would be for the person who lost it!

Bad, bad people!
From what I remember, my certificates are 1 per exam board, each having several subjects listed on them. So you may only need 1, 2 or 3 certificates depending on how many different exams boards your school used. Purely speculative as reprints might be 1 certificate per subject, which would be extortionate!

Would advise against printing your own, as it'd look very dodgy to a potential employers. If certificates are required at interview, explain that they are in the process of being replaced and then actually stump up the cash for them when you get a firm job offer and it'll be cost effective to replace them.

P.S. They might only be interested in Maths, Science and English so no need to get replacements for all the other 'lesser' subjects..?
Edited by: "oldmanhouse" 13th Jan 2013
jinx745

Yea you will, you'll call, txt, ask to meet, make excuses to see her and … Yea you will, you'll call, txt, ask to meet, make excuses to see her and unless you act now, you've lost.Clearly as you dont really care, i get the impression you didnt make an effort in the relationship, especially from what you put above.On seconds thoughts scrap what i said above, you've only got yourselve to blame while your missus is balls deep in some other bloke. OP report back in 1 month, GL

You have issues.
Y U NO POST IN CORRECT THREAD???!!!
I need some Gcse o level urgently any help???
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions