GCSE Results day

Found 24th Aug 2017
My step son has passed all his GCSE's.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
deleted5795924th Aug 2017

My Son so very proud.A* ITA Graphic DesignA ScienceB Media StudiesB MathsC …My Son so very proud.A* ITA Graphic DesignA ScienceB Media StudiesB MathsC English LanguagePass in Welsh BacWhat was very sweet though was as we went to collect his results, the 'popular' kids started shouting shouting his name in a retarded manner because he is autistic and get some serious stick for it.. they came out of the hall laughing and joking at getting E's and U's Well done to anyone out there regardless of results who made an effort..

He can laugh back when they are washing his car or serving him food in Mcdonalds.
dcx_badass9 h, 29 m ago

If you can't get A - C after 4 attempts they probably lack the mental …If you can't get A - C after 4 attempts they probably lack the mental capacity to be disappointed anyway.

I will treat you remark with the utter contempt it deserves. You disgust me
25 Comments
I found this on twitter, how dramatic are kids these days?

31775545-XnLe4.jpg
A*, A's & 1 B for my daughter well proud.
deleted5795924th Aug 2017

My Son so very proud.A* ITA Graphic DesignA ScienceB Media StudiesB MathsC …My Son so very proud.A* ITA Graphic DesignA ScienceB Media StudiesB MathsC English LanguagePass in Welsh BacWhat was very sweet though was as we went to collect his results, the 'popular' kids started shouting shouting his name in a retarded manner because he is autistic and get some serious stick for it.. they came out of the hall laughing and joking at getting E's and U's Well done to anyone out there regardless of results who made an effort..

He can laugh back when they are washing his car or serving him food in Mcdonalds.
Congrats to everyone's son or daughter who done well in their exams
well done to the kids who passed.
We are going down to get the results shortly. Fourth time of asking. He is unlikely to have passed . Maybe the government will realise not all kids are going to get maths and English a-c
psychobitchfromhell13 m ago

We are going down to get the results shortly. Fourth time of asking. He is …We are going down to get the results shortly. Fourth time of asking. He is unlikely to have passed . Maybe the government will realise not all kids are going to get maths and English a-c

Would be a little pointless doing exams if they knew all kids would pass them.
CoeK25 m ago

Would be a little pointless doing exams if they knew all kids would pass …Would be a little pointless doing exams if they knew all kids would pass them.

But the government is pushing for every child to gain an A* - C (9-5) grade in English and Maths by making them resit the exams until they pass.
31777263-V7NYR.jpg
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 24th Aug 2017
RossD8930 m ago

But the government is pushing for every child to gain an A* - C (9-5) …But the government is pushing for every child to gain an A* - C (9-5) grade in English and Maths by making them resit the exams until they pass.

I don't know how difficult a C grade is to get, I assumed that even someone below average academically could get a C?

I don't think people should be forced to take exams indefinitely but I do think there should be encouragement to at least get the basics.

Getting somewhere in life is much more difficult without a basic grasp of Maths and English.
CoeK1 h, 33 m ago

I don't know how difficult a C grade is to get, I assumed that even …I don't know how difficult a C grade is to get, I assumed that even someone below average academically could get a C?I don't think people should be forced to take exams indefinitely but I do think there should be encouragement to at least get the basics.Getting somewhere in life is much more difficult without a basic grasp of Maths and English.

English is English but maths is just maths.
Graham197935 m ago

English is English but maths is just maths.

Deep.
psychobitchfromhell5 h, 0 m ago

We are going down to get the results shortly. Fourth time of asking. He is …We are going down to get the results shortly. Fourth time of asking. He is unlikely to have passed . Maybe the government will realise not all kids are going to get maths and English a-c

My son was the same but he's only year 10 so he's got another year to give it another go. I agree with what you say.. my friends son didn't get good grades but had an interview for a place in college on a course. Hope he's ok and not to disappointed in his results.
CoeK3 h, 53 m ago

I don't know how difficult a C grade is to get, I assumed that even …I don't know how difficult a C grade is to get, I assumed that even someone below average academically could get a C?I don't think people should be forced to take exams indefinitely but I do think there should be encouragement to at least get the basics.Getting somewhere in life is much more difficult without a basic grasp of Maths and English.

It's not difficult to achieve a C. Kids just don't work hard enough for exams.

Sure some people are just more naturally intelligent than others but everyone can achieve at least a C if they work hard enough.

Although to be fair half the crap you do in maths isn't even basic or necessary for life.
If you can't get A - C after 4 attempts they probably lack the mental capacity to be disappointed anyway.
karene2851 m ago

My son was the same but he's only year 10 so he's got another year to give …My son was the same but he's only year 10 so he's got another year to give it another go. I agree with what you say.. my friends son didn't get good grades but had an interview for a place in college on a course. Hope he's ok and not to disappointed in his results.

You have to feel for the kid, he tries so hard. Last year he was three marks off a c in maths. This year the exams are harder so it is yet another d to add to his growing collection . He has sat and failed gcse maths four times and functional skills once. He sat gcse English in year ten and failed so in year eleven they put him in for functional skills which he passed. Then they changed the rules and said that was not good enough so now he has sat and failed gcse again. It seems to have been going on for ever
Bure114 h, 13 m ago

It's not difficult to achieve a C. Kids just don't work hard enough for …It's not difficult to achieve a C. Kids just don't work hard enough for exams. Sure some people are just more naturally intelligent than others but everyone can achieve at least a C if they work hard enough. Although to be fair half the crap you do in maths isn't even basic or necessary for life.

That is a ridiculous sweeping generalisation. If it were true my son would not have failed five times
psychobitchfromhell2 h, 7 m ago

That is a ridiculous sweeping generalisation. If it were true my son would …That is a ridiculous sweeping generalisation. If it were true my son would not have failed five times

Serious question, have you considered tuition for your son? Bad teachers/different teaching styles is always a likely possibility for a child not performing as well as they can
Bure1120 m ago

Serious question, have you considered tuition for your son? Bad …Serious question, have you considered tuition for your son? Bad teachers/different teaching styles is always a likely possibility for a child not performing as well as they can

Yes I have. He has had a number of teachers at different institutions, mentors and attends as many extra study sessions as they supply. He has some learning difficulties and dyslexia and autism. He has in previous years had a scribe and he does get extra time. He is by no means thick but he can't process information the way normal people do. He can read the question but he will not necessarily comprehend it. He'll pick on the phrases he understands and answer what he thinks they are asking him. What he really needs is someone to explain the questions in a way he can understand but they don't do that. He also has no time management skills so he missed out a whole section of his English exam because he couldn't prioritise. Poor kid is caught between a rock and a hard place. He has intelligence so he has to sit the exams but he virtually no chance of passing.
psychobitchfromhell22 m ago

Yes I have. He has had a number of teachers at different institutions, …Yes I have. He has had a number of teachers at different institutions, mentors and attends as many extra study sessions as they supply. He has some learning difficulties and dyslexia and autism. He has in previous years had a scribe and he does get extra time. He is by no means thick but he can't process information the way normal people do. He can read the question but he will not necessarily comprehend it. He'll pick on the phrases he understands and answer what he thinks they are asking him. What he really needs is someone to explain the questions in a way he can understand but they don't do that. He also has no time management skills so he missed out a whole section of his English exam because he couldn't prioritise. Poor kid is caught between a rock and a hard place. He has intelligence so he has to sit the exams but he virtually no chance of passing.

Ah, I didn't know he had autism and dyslexia. In that case I apologise, please ignore my precious comment.

That's really unfortunate to hear, I do feel sorry for him going through that. I can understand how helpless that would make someone feel I do hope he manages to get his pass.

I also agree with the notion that school exams aren't a true reflection of intelligence. So I'm sure he'll find his calling soon enough < 3
Edited by: "Bure11" 24th Aug 2017
Bure1115 m ago

Ah, I didn't know he had autism and dyslexia. In that case I apologise, …Ah, I didn't know he had autism and dyslexia. In that case I apologise, please ignore my precious comment. That's really unfortunate to hear, I do feel sorry for him going through that. I can understand how helpless that would make someone feel I do hope he manages to get his pass. I also agree with the notion that school exams aren't a true reflection of intelligence. So I'm sure he'll find his calling soon enough

Don't worry about it, it was a perfectly legitimate question. You weren't to know. I'm just trying to highlight the one size fits all attitude to education doesn't work. He got to within three marks last year which is heart breaking and he may well have just scraped through this year had they not changed the exams and made them harder. He is over 18 now so they can't force him to resist but he so wants to pass. His entire bedroom wall is plastered with revision sheets and formulae he has copied out to help. Refuses to take them down until he passes. Guess I have to put up with them for another yera
Bure1120 m ago

Ah, I didn't know he had autism and dyslexia. In that case I apologise, …Ah, I didn't know he had autism and dyslexia. In that case I apologise, please ignore my precious comment. That's really unfortunate to hear, I do feel sorry for him going through that. I can understand how helpless that would make someone feel I do hope he manages to get his pass. I also agree with the notion that school exams aren't a true reflection of intelligence. So I'm sure he'll find his calling soon enough < 3

That's true, I didn't do my exams and I'm more intelligent than most people ;).
Congrats to everyone and their kids, even if you didn't get what you want.

Bad GCSEs aren't the end.
dcx_badass9 h, 29 m ago

If you can't get A - C after 4 attempts they probably lack the mental …If you can't get A - C after 4 attempts they probably lack the mental capacity to be disappointed anyway.

I will treat you remark with the utter contempt it deserves. You disgust me
I'm just trying to highlight the one size fits all attitude to education doesn't work.

so very true
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants