Gearbest

Found 12th Sep 2017
Anyone had any experiences buying mobiles off gearbest if so how was your experience and how is the phone reason I ask is I've had really bad experiences with phones purchased from aliexpress thanks in advance

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
18 Comments

had a doogee and a xiaomi mobiles off Gearbest no problems but dont worry there will be ppl along with Gearbest horror stories personally had no problems myself
Edited by: "mattmerch" 12th Sep 2017

Don't do it
Save yourself the headache

Original Poster

Bradleigh32 m ago

Don't do itSave yourself the headache

That bad mate?

Original Poster

mattmerch40 m ago

had a doogee and a xiaomi mobiles off Gearbest no problems dont worry …had a doogee and a xiaomi mobiles off Gearbest no problems dont worry there will be ppl along with Gearbest horror stories personally had no problems myself

Thanks mate

May have to pay import taxes, VAT and admin fees , no EU warranty, no feasible way of returning if it needs fixing (£50+postage for a phone ).

Nothing to worry about at all

They're a budget retailer based abroad, so you get all of the downsides of both.

They're perfectly legitimate though all that so if it still works out as a good buy then go for it. Make sure to read the terms and conditions and opt for the shipping insurance.

Otherwise, look at a UK shop.

mattmerch2 h, 40 m ago

had a doogee and a xiaomi mobiles off Gearbest no problems but dont worry …had a doogee and a xiaomi mobiles off Gearbest no problems but dont worry there will be ppl along with Gearbest horror stories personally had no problems myself

Twice I've been bitten and used them twice
If it's expensive don't do it
Take a chance at 99p !
The cost of sending it back to start with and no warranty , they won't be interested in replacement
If they don't have the item they won't refund you but will credit your account
What a great company
Some have smooth transactions but outweighed by the ones who don't
Op , if it helps your decision I'd rather buy from AliExpress

Original Poster

rogparki3 h, 2 m ago

May have to pay import taxes, VAT and admin fees , no EU warranty, no …May have to pay import taxes, VAT and admin fees , no EU warranty, no feasible way of returning if it needs fixing (£50+postage for a phone ). Nothing to worry about at all

Give it a miss then mate

Original Poster

EndlessWaves2 h, 43 m ago

They're a budget retailer based abroad, so you get all of the downsides of …They're a budget retailer based abroad, so you get all of the downsides of both.They're perfectly legitimate though all that so if it still works out as a good buy then go for it. Make sure to read the terms and conditions and opt for the shipping insurance.Otherwise, look at a UK shop.

Nice one thanks mate

Original Poster

Bradleigh1 h, 20 m ago

Twice I've been bitten and used them twiceIf it's expensive don't do …Twice I've been bitten and used them twiceIf it's expensive don't do itTake a chance at 99p !The cost of sending it back to start with and no warranty , they won't be interested in replacementIf they don't have the item they won't refund you but will credit your account What a great company Some have smooth transactions but outweighed by the ones who don'tOp , if it helps your decision I'd rather buy from AliExpress

Considering I have been bitten loads of times by aliexpress think I will swerve gearbest

knighty1YNWA9 m ago

Considering I have been bitten loads of times by aliexpress think I will …Considering I have been bitten loads of times by aliexpress think I will swerve gearbest

How have you been bitten by Aliexpress, They have always 100% refunded me when I've had issues.

I've never had any problems with gearbest tbh but some people have it seems.

You do gamble, Only gamble what you can afford to lose, Pay with a credit card for extra protection.

Aliexpress are much better but it's a marketplace so maybe you used a poor seller. Aliexpress themselves always sort issues though.

Just had a oukitel k10000pro off them, off the top of my head a leagoo shark, leagoo m8, homtom, Timmy m13, doogee and a few others.
Quite a few android boxes and a good few tablets, only problem was Yodel 'lost' a parcel in their Leeds warehouse, there rep on hukd sorted it out.

I've bought loads of stuff of Chinese sellers - Golf tees ,pencils , valve caps Ok cheap stuff but never had a problem .

Would I buy expensive technical stuff to save a few quid - no way . If I'm spending - say - more than £50 I would want to be able to get it fixed under warranty or return it if its duff on receipt , none of which is possible from Chinese sellers .

For every buyer who posts "deals" on here or says what bargains they are there are literally dozens who also post on this site asking how to return duff goods , how to claim on a non existent warranty etc . Yes its a gamble , your choice of course, beats me why HUKD allow these Chinese "deals !" to be posted -but I guess as long as they pay their referral fees its OK with HUKD and the members take the hit

Original Poster

.MUFC.19 h, 50 m ago

How have you been bitten by Aliexpress, They have always 100% refunded me …How have you been bitten by Aliexpress, They have always 100% refunded me when I've had issues. I've never had any problems with gearbest tbh but some people have it seems.You do gamble, Only gamble what you can afford to lose, Pay with a credit card for extra protection.

With aliexpress I bought 2 phones off them they worked for 2 months then wouldn't even switch on after that and aliexpress couldn't help me

Original Poster

dcx_badass19 h, 20 m ago

Aliexpress are much better but it's a marketplace so maybe you used a poor …Aliexpress are much better but it's a marketplace so maybe you used a poor seller. Aliexpress themselves always sort issues though.

With cheaper things aliexpress as been ok when it came 2 buying 2 phones off them I lost my money unfortunately

Original Poster

shadey1217 h, 42 m ago

Just had a oukitel k10000pro off them, off the top of my head a leagoo …Just had a oukitel k10000pro off them, off the top of my head a leagoo shark, leagoo m8, homtom, Timmy m13, doogee and a few others.Quite a few android boxes and a good few tablets, only problem was Yodel 'lost' a parcel in their Leeds warehouse, there rep on hukd sorted it out.

Ok thanks mate

Original Poster

rogparki16 h, 28 m ago

I've bought loads of stuff of Chinese sellers - Golf tees ,pencils , valve …I've bought loads of stuff of Chinese sellers - Golf tees ,pencils , valve caps Ok cheap stuff but never had a problem .Would I buy expensive technical stuff to save a few quid - no way . If I'm spending - say - more than £50 I would want to be able to get it fixed under warranty or return it if its duff on receipt , none of which is possible from Chinese sellers .For every buyer who posts "deals" on here or says what bargains they are there are literally dozens who also post on this site asking how to return duff goods , how to claim on a non existent warranty etc . Yes its a gamble , your choice of course, beats me why HUKD allow these Chinese "deals !" to be posted -but I guess as long as they pay their referral fees its OK with HUKD and the members take the hit

Ye got to agree with you mate I got stung buying 2 phones off aliexpress after 2 months they stopped working and aliexpress couldn't help unfortunately
Post a comment
@
    Text