Gearbest

Found 29th MayEdited by:"brettytopbanana"
Ok, I know some people here hate Gearbest and others have had no problems and I have always been one who has had no problems with Gearbest.

Anyhow, to cut a long-story short, an item was ordered with them in April and they stated 20-30 days delivery so I kind of forgot about it for a while. Then around the second week of May I asked them for an update. They provided me with a tracking number to say that an attempted delivery had been made on 26th April and that it had been sitting in my depot but had then been sent back to Heathrow, which I am guessing means it is being returned.

Anyhow, I noticed a payment made from my Paypal account on Friday for £2.70 to Gearbest. It won't break the bank but I haven't ordered anything from them. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I was wondering if it was part of the cost of the item being returned. I have contacted Gearbest and they said they don't take money without consent.

This isn't a thread set up for a Gearbest slanging match. I will still continue to order them but have never come across this before!

Anyone?!?!?!

Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
deleted396333
My very first and last order with them was years ago, an item worth only a couple of quid, as happened with you, I forgot about it until months had passed and then I couldn't be bothered wasting any of my time due to the low value of the item ordered.

Dodgy site, no idea how it's still allowed on here
I have ordered a lot from them and never had problems. I know that everything I order is hit and miss - some will arrive, others won't. What has bugged me about my recent order is that it was in my town for three weeks but no card was ever left which I find strange.

However, £2.70 was taken on Friday that Gearbest was made by me but there is no order in my orders list.......
Aaahhhh scambest
Don't use them either
Also surprised they are still allowed on here
I had a problem with a toy I ordered for about £10, they said would I like replacement I said yeah that's fine.... The one they sent was faulty and I asked for a refund.
They came out with some blurt that the case was closed as I'd accepted a replacement.
Over this little item I've stopped looking to order anything else from them.
Useless company.
deleted396333
brettytopbanana3 h, 9 m ago

I have ordered a lot from them and never had problems. I know that …I have ordered a lot from them and never had problems. I know that everything I order is hit and miss - some will arrive, others won't. What has bugged me about my recent order is that it was in my town for three weeks but no card was ever left which I find strange. However, £2.70 was taken on Friday that Gearbest was made by me but there is no order in my orders list.......

How is some of your orders not arriving NOT a problem?!
Presumably a simple matter to contest the unexpected charge with PayPal? Not had an issue myself; had to return one low-value item to China but PP covered the return cost and full refund received.
Hi brettytopbanana,

Could you please kindly send me your order number for re-checking ?

Gearbest Store Rep. Alice
You can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com
deleted39633329th May

How is some of your orders not arriving NOT a problem?!

Simply because of the cost of them. If they cost a couple of quid then it isn't going to bring my world down around me.
deleted396333
brettytopbanana28 m ago

Simply because of the cost of them. If they cost a couple of quid then it …Simply because of the cost of them. If they cost a couple of quid then it isn't going to bring my world down around me.

Oh
I had bought a smartwatch and the release date kept being put back.
I got feed up and cancelled my order.

They had taken the money and were a bit slow on refunds. Other than that they seem ok.
Ive never had a problem with them, ordered a few times now, all low costs items, and never paid for the extra delivery options always the free one. Maybe just been lucky.
brettytopbanana14 h, 19 m ago

Simply because of the cost of them. If they cost a couple of quid then it …Simply because of the cost of them. If they cost a couple of quid then it isn't going to bring my world down around me.

And for all the hundreds of others who do the same , it all adds up
well yes as you say, it does add up but in my instance, I have ordered a few things from them and everything has arrived as expected. This is the first instance and I am sure it will get sorted in time.
I can confirm this issue is finally well-solved
For further issues, please feel free to contact me here: Alice@gearbest.com

Gearbest Store Rep. Alice
I have to say that this has been sorted and I received the new bulb today in the post. Terrific way to deal with a problem if I am honest.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants