Gearbest delivery issues

Found 27th Jun
I ordered an Xiaomi watch on gearbest, that i saw on the deals page. Fast forward and delivery tracking says it has been delivered, except it wasnt and I was at home at the time it stated it was delivered. I contacted gearbest and they tried to get me to chase it up with courier service, i refused, they asked me to wait longer, which i did... Now ive asked for a refund or replacement and theyre telling me i have to either pay half for another watch, take half the amount in store credit or some other equally ridiculous "offer" that i cant remember now... Ive replied with Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, but am i likely to get my refund? Would the bank be able to help me? I paid for a good and a service, and received neither. Its the first time ive had a problem like this.
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
did you pay via paypal ?
if so raise a claim with them
Uk consumer law doesn’t apply with Gearbest as they are a Chinese company.

As infractionboi has stated, raise a claim via PayPal if you paid that way.

There is also a Gearbest agent on here called Alice. It maybe worth you getting in touch with her!
"Any orders that do not have shipping insurance will not be the responsibility of GearBest and the customer takes full liability for their package during the shipping process."

"All orders reported as "delivered" by shipping companies are considered delivered. GearBest cannot be made liable of non-delivery in this case."

From their T&Cs: gearbest.com/abo…tml

This is Alice:
@Gearbest1
I'm sure she'll pop on the thread, OP
Edited by: "IamMT" 27th Jun
Im really really disappointed. I feel like gearbest could quite easily scam people. I hope gearbests agent does see this. I was home, the delivery didnt come. I actually cant believe how gearbest operate. I paid with my debit card.
mimidaler22 m ago

Im really really disappointed. I feel like gearbest could quite easily …Im really really disappointed. I feel like gearbest could quite easily scam people. I hope gearbests agent does see this. I was home, the delivery didnt come. I actually cant believe how gearbest operate. I paid with my debit card.

Quite a few people don’t know about Gearbest and their shady tactics. Debit card you may be able to do a chargeback no idea what the items worth though as there are limits.

Gearbest is renowned for pulling these stunts
mimidaler27 m ago

Im really really disappointed. I feel like gearbest could quite easily …Im really really disappointed. I feel like gearbest could quite easily scam people. I hope gearbests agent does see this. I was home, the delivery didnt come. I actually cant believe how gearbest operate. I paid with my debit card.

PayPal really is your saviour when buying from abroad if you have this as a payment option.

Hopefully the negativity about Gearbest will prompt Alice to sort this out for you like she has in the past for others.
karlypants2 h, 29 m ago

PayPal really is your saviour when buying from abroad if you have this as …PayPal really is your saviour when buying from abroad if you have this as a payment option.Hopefully the negativity about Gearbest will prompt Alice to sort this out for you like she has in the past for others.

PayPal probably wouldn't find this in the buyer's favour because tracking shows as delivered. As soon as Gearbest upload tracking, PayPal will side with them as it shows as received unfortunately .

As the OP paid with debit card, doing a chargeback is the best choice!
mimidaler3 h, 29 m ago

If you're going to order from abroad you really need to do your research beforehand, you can't just assume it works exactly the same as the UK.
I often warn about these Chinese sellers . Always the response is "I've ordered hundreds of items never paid tax never had a problem " . Sadly these commenters are incentivised to say just that phrase (or similar ) .

Yes Gearbest seem cheap , but they are poorly reviewed (by genuine reviewers) - so you pay your money and take your chance
I'm not incentivised to say anything, I've spent thousands on Aliexpress and gearbest probably over 500+ orders (85 from gearbest) and never had a problem that I couldn't get resolved one way or another, you just have to lower your expectations and expect to give up an hour or two if you have a problem.
The mods on here thank you for your purchase, they all get a bonus now this month, pity you won't get your watch.
Hi mimidaler,

Could you please kindly send me your order number for re-checking ?

Gearbest Store Rep. Alice
You can contact me here: Alice@gearbest.com
Edited by: "Gearbest1" 28th Jun
dcx_badass11 h, 44 m ago

I'm not incentivised to say anything, I've spent thousands on Aliexpress …I'm not incentivised to say anything, I've spent thousands on Aliexpress and gearbest probably over 500+ orders (85 from gearbest) and never had a problem that I couldn't get resolved one way or another, you just have to lower your expectations and expect to give up an hour or two if you have a problem.

Spot on, You've got to know the risks. I think they're missing out by not buying cheap tat from China despite wearing a watch and using a mobile phone that is probably manufactured in China!

Always pay via paypal/credit card and that adds a layer of protection. Just understand that if anything becomes faulty it's probably not going to be worth sending back etc..

Aliexpress is fantastic, Whenever I've had problems they've always refunded or partial refunded me in some cases. Probably better than ebay when disputing problems. Great service.
Alice has offered me a full refund. Im not new to shopping online or from overseas. Ive had lots of things from Ali, Aliexpress, wish, amazon marketplace etc. I did feel like gearbest thought that this was my fault. I think that they need to accept that if they dont use decent couriers or track items then things will go missing and they cant expect the customer to be liable for it. They dont make shipping insurance clear enough and its ridiculous to expect customers to purchase it, raise your prices and add it on automatically if thats the case.

Sadly they have lost my custom now because of how difficult it was to sort out... They dont even reply to twitter!
Thankyou gearbest for doing the right thing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants