Gearbest- dodgy and disappointing?

Found 14th Dec 2017
hi all, I wanted some advice.

I recently on November 28th ordered a $78 USD purchase from GB.

This item was to be shipped from EU warehouse.

However, they have not sent it and it's still processing.

is this normal behaviour? should anyone ever trust this website?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
14 Comments
Having problems with them as well right now, won't be using them again and have started a PayPal case against them.
I placed 2 orders via their EU site.

3 weeks later they offered to send it me from China.

I said NO and got refunded for both yesterday
Pepz34717 m ago

Having problems with them as well right now, won't be using them again and …Having problems with them as well right now, won't be using them again and have started a PayPal case against them.

i am returning an item to them.. but they are giving me false return address that the package was returned twice. How can paypal help me? (i paid using paypal --> link to a credit card)
If you have to raise a PayPal dispute whatever you do don’t close it before you are fully satisfied with the outcome and have received and tested your items. You can only raise one per item and gearbest do their best to get you to close it out before they’ve fulfilled their end of the deal!
I've ordered two items from the EU warehouse and they arrived rapidly.

Another from China (xiaomi band) arrived this morning.

It's inevitable that some orders will go missing in the grand lottery of such things - if you have to buy more then you can afford to take a hit on, always pay directly by credit card
fileexit1 h, 59 m ago

i am returning an item to them.. but they are giving me false return …i am returning an item to them.. but they are giving me false return address that the package was returned twice. How can paypal help me? (i paid using paypal --> link to a credit card)

I raised a dispute with them, I had enough of them.
Dannyrobbo1 h, 56 m ago

If you have to raise a PayPal dispute whatever you do don’t close it b …If you have to raise a PayPal dispute whatever you do don’t close it before you are fully satisfied with the outcome and have received and tested your items. You can only raise one per item and gearbest do their best to get you to close it out before they’ve fulfilled their end of the deal!

Trust me I'm not letting them get away with this, it's upsetting how they don't listen
Pepz3471 h, 11 m ago

Trust me I'm not letting them get away with this, it's upsetting how they …Trust me I'm not letting them get away with this, it's upsetting how they don't listen

Awful company to deal with when it goes wrong. I’ve no doubt at some point they will ask if you will end the dispute with PayPal
I placed two orders recently one was for an Xiaomi Powerbank with turned out to be a fake and the other hadn't been sent out even after a month.
Dannyrobbo3 h, 46 m ago

Awful company to deal with when it goes wrong. I’ve no doubt at some p …Awful company to deal with when it goes wrong. I’ve no doubt at some point they will ask if you will end the dispute with PayPal

Already have and said no
Original Poster
Hi Everyone. Just checking back In.

It Is really surprising How many other people are affected.
Normally, Gearbest receives High praise here on hot UK Deals.

I hope you can understand, I wanted my purchase.
However, I have been offered a refund via messenger.

They believe a refund is sufficient.

Business in china is obviously done very differently.

In the future i would advise avoiding their website.
I wouldn't say Gearbest get high praise, they're generally not recommended for expensive purchases, but are fine for cheaper stuff. I think most of us are aware of the risks and buy accordingly and are prepared for a wait for it arriving. I've made 70 orders so far and spent quite a lot, not had an issue that hasn't been sorted though, you just need to play the game like with any Chinese seller.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 14th Dec 2017
Original Poster
dcx_badass10 h, 39 m ago

I wouldn't say Gearbest get high praise, they're generally not recommended …I wouldn't say Gearbest get high praise, they're generally not recommended for expensive purchases, but are fine for cheaper stuff. I think most of us are aware of the risks and buy accordingly and are prepared for a wait for it arriving. I've made 70 orders so far and spent quite a lot, not had an issue that hasn't been sorted though, you just need to play the game like with any Chinese seller.

Thanks for this insight.

Please could you clarify:

What do you mean by play the game? If I order something, is it wrong to expect to receive it?

Or should we assume all orders are a "maybe" untill they arrive on your doorstep?

And may also end up wasting more time, with a PayPal dispute or long drawn out complaints process? (Best case refund)
Just a small update, PayPal sided with me and gave me a refund! Very happy and hope it all works out for you guys!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions