GEARBEST: NO REFUND for UNDELIVERED ITEM. What to do?

Found 24th Feb
STAY AWAY from GEARBEST is my advice. Bear in mind I have used Aliexpress, Geekbuying and Bangood before, but never experienced the following. Any advice, please feel free to reply.

Me and my partner purchased 2 ZTE Axon 7mini SEPARATELY (WWP1712031735082932 and WW1712031748287388) on December 3rd, 2017, with an estimated delivery time of around 30 days with delays for Xmas and we both had the following experience.

We contacted the company 3 times and waited for their estimated latest delivery time (Feb 2nd).
Gearbest asked me to contact RoyalMail as they claimed the package was in the UK since Jan 26th (as per their tracking number that worked on their tracking website but not RoyalMail's).
RoyalMail said they had no idea about this package and if undelivered by Feb 16th, I could consider it undeliverable/undelivered.

I then contacted Gearbest again, and I was asked to be patient 5-7 days so they can check the "unusual delivery status" of my package.

We had to involve Paypal and the issue is still ongoing with Gearbest claiming that because I did not purchased ïnsurance"at checkout they can only:
1.compensate partially (around 50% value) or
2. resend the item with me paying half of its value on top of what I paid.

Issue still ongoing as today,Feb 24th.
Appalling.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Let PayPal deal with it
I've been stung a few times for lesser amounts and claimed my money back
Don't buy expensive items from Chinese companies
No return or customer service
Any problems they don't care
No item , partial refund or credit with them
So many deals get taken down with UK sellers and Amazon deals as don't fit the criteria
Yet gearbest can carry on ripping people off
Gearbest wears the trousers on here
Hukd is their b***h
It's all about the money
I don't even open their deals anymore
Hope you get you money back , if PayPal are involved maybe worth ringing them as well
ScubaDudes31 m ago

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/gearbest-package-not-received-but-they-dont-want-to-refund-2896627#comment-33301782https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/gearbest-say-they-posted-my-phone-but-it-has-not-arrived-after-2-months-and-they-wont-refund-the-total-cost-2898450#comment-33310265This is the third post recently and they're still not banned

Won’t get banned not when they are a premium advertiser. Need to stop thinking you that they are just found deals by mods as it’s becoming more clear every day that this is no longer the case, plusnet deals which are only found here, Chinese seller had 40 posts 38 of them by mods, “leaked” deals of course they are
Edited by: "eslick" 24th Feb
mattsk2 m ago

I can find 100s of complaints about ebay... dont see you moaning about …I can find 100s of complaints about ebay... dont see you moaning about that.Double standard perhaps?

Since when did ebay not protect their buyers
23 Comments
Let PayPal deal with it
I've been stung a few times for lesser amounts and claimed my money back
Don't buy expensive items from Chinese companies
No return or customer service
Any problems they don't care
No item , partial refund or credit with them
So many deals get taken down with UK sellers and Amazon deals as don't fit the criteria
Yet gearbest can carry on ripping people off
Gearbest wears the trousers on here
Hukd is their b***h
It's all about the money
I don't even open their deals anymore
Hope you get you money back , if PayPal are involved maybe worth ringing them as well
Open case, stear clear in future. Ban gearbest.
Edited by: "benjammin316" 24th Feb
Hi giubello,

I just came back from the Chinese New Year holiday
OK. let me look at this issue for you based on your mentioned order numbers

Hopefully, i am able to help you

Gearbest Store Rep.Alice
You can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com
ScubaDudes31 m ago

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/gearbest-package-not-received-but-they-dont-want-to-refund-2896627#comment-33301782https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/gearbest-say-they-posted-my-phone-but-it-has-not-arrived-after-2-months-and-they-wont-refund-the-total-cost-2898450#comment-33310265This is the third post recently and they're still not banned

Won’t get banned not when they are a premium advertiser. Need to stop thinking you that they are just found deals by mods as it’s becoming more clear every day that this is no longer the case, plusnet deals which are only found here, Chinese seller had 40 posts 38 of them by mods, “leaked” deals of course they are
Edited by: "eslick" 24th Feb
ScubaDudes34 m ago

I can find 100s of complaints about ebay... dont see you moaning about that.
Double standard perhaps?
mattsk2 m ago

I can find 100s of complaints about ebay... dont see you moaning about …I can find 100s of complaints about ebay... dont see you moaning about that.Double standard perhaps?

Since when did ebay not protect their buyers
It's a disgrace that they aren't banned yet... hukd not putting it's users first over cowboys like this?
Pretty sure GearBest make 1000s of sales a day, you are bound to have a few bad experiences. Not really ban worthy, I have had worse experiences with Amazon.
HUKD is a profit making site.
Obviously they will value their income over their users.
I just wish they wouldn't act all secretive and get defensive about the whole thing. Anyone can quickly figure out that these Chinese sites provide sizeable income.
Annoys me that in threads like this, you may eventually get a mod come in wringing their hands and claiming it's not true and that they allow local store deals as some kind of proof of something.

I don't care that they make money from deals. Just stop pretending that they don't and be open and transparent about it.
Robot_Rooster8 m ago

Pretty sure GearBest make 1000s of sales a day, you are bound to have a …Pretty sure GearBest make 1000s of sales a day, you are bound to have a few bad experiences. Not really ban worthy, I have had worse experiences with Amazon.

Amazon customer service is nothing short of excellent. I'd be shocked if they came anywhere near the terrible service from gear best.
Open a PayPal case
Pretty sure it's always a good idea to buy the additional insurance if you're buying an expensive product from a non eu country. Different culture different expectations unfortunately.
Uranus24th Feb

Amazon customer service is nothing short of excellent. I'd be shocked if …Amazon customer service is nothing short of excellent. I'd be shocked if they came anywhere near the terrible service from gear best.

I don't find that. Amazon customer service policy is excellent, but anything that doesn't fall under that policy (ie the customer service agent has to make a decision) to be very poor indeed.
As others have said.

Open a Paypal case and DO NOT CLOSE IT under any circumstances. Gearbest will have to refund in full or provide tracking showing the item as delivered.

If you close the case you cannot reopen it. Gearbest can make a voluntary refund via the case so don't fall for any lies from them that they need you to close it so they can refund.
seems like every other day seeing a negative post about gearbest. never used them and definitely won't in the future. good luck with getting your money back
Robot_Rooster21 h, 52 m ago

Pretty sure GearBest make 1000s of sales a day, you are bound to have a …Pretty sure GearBest make 1000s of sales a day, you are bound to have a few bad experiences. Not really ban worthy, I have had worse experiences with Amazon.

Gameseek were banned for less
Robot_Rooster23 h, 35 m ago

Really, that you lose all/half your money on an Amazon item if it doesn't show up - I doubt that very much
Edited by: "Splodger101" 25th Feb
Uranus24th Feb

HUKD is a profit making site.Obviously they will value their income over …HUKD is a profit making site.Obviously they will value their income over their users.I just wish they wouldn't act all secretive and get defensive about the whole thing. Anyone can quickly figure out that these Chinese sites provide sizeable income.Annoys me that in threads like this, you may eventually get a mod come in wringing their hands and claiming it's not true and that they allow local store deals as some kind of proof of something.I don't care that they make money from deals. Just stop pretending that they don't and be open and transparent about it.

Read this!
Splodger10120 m ago

Read this!

38 pages of graphs and stats!
ain't nobody got time for dat
lol .... Busy person summary: in 2016, HDUK (affiliates etc) contributed 31.5million euros to its parent company... this was effectively the UK contributing 50% to Pepper's annual 2016 revenue....
I can confirm this issue is finally well-solved. say, refund in full

For further assistance, please feel free to contact me

Gearbest Store Rep. Alice
You can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com
It would be nice to get a update from the op ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions