GearBest non-delivery and won't refund

Found 14th Jan
I previously ordered from a site called banggood.com which has proven to be reliable so I thought GearBest would be similar but that doesn't appear to be the case. Order was placed on 9 Dec and supposedly shipped on 11 Dec but has so far not arrived. The tracking info shows that it never even reached UK shores as Yodel are supposed to be the local carrier but as far as I can tell the package was never even sent.

Contacted GearBest customer service asking them to check into my order and why it was taking so long. Their response was that the tracking info looked "unusual". In response I requested they cancel the order and process a refund. Their response since has been that I need to wait until Feb 9 and check with my local post office. I hope my credit card company will process my claim. That's the last time I'll try GearBest. What a waste of time!
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
60 Comments
How did you pay. Also delivery can takes up to 6-8 weeks especially over Christmas
How much did you spend? Things do take a long time and a lot of their shipping times are speculative at best. My advice is ' if you can't afford to lose the money, don't buy from China - it's a gamble'. All you can do is wait (and hope they deliver what you ordered, and in good condition.... Oh and that it doesn't develope a fault!).

Good luck.
Not waited anywhere near long enough for the time of year. Should get it by the end of the month, it will suddenly arrive with yodel and then be delivered in 1-3 days.
They haven't said they won't refund they have asked you to wait until the usual delivery time has expired and will likely refund you after if you don't receive it by that point.
That's normal for gearbest , long wait , no item , will be offered a credit to use with them or partial refund , been stung myself twice with them and eventually got a refund
I paid with PayPal both times and eventually got a refund off them in full
I'd never use them again either
Hukd promote their junk and don't give a monkeys if you're stung
They should be a banned seller
They do have a representative called Alice ? I believe on here
I am also waiting for an item I ordered on the 12th of December, I ordered 2 items that day, one of the items was delivered by royal mail on the 2 of January, the other item that is coming in via yodel is still outstanding, on yodel tracking it just says we are expecting your parcel shortly and once it arrives at are depot it will be delivered within 72hrs, I am not holding my breath as the other item I ordered on the 4th of January has already arrived. The item has now doubled in price so hoping they do send rather that me claim a refund. When I ordered the 2 items I had 3 delivery options that were free, express delivery, priority uk delivery and non registered airmail, can not remember which of the first 2 I selected for which item.

I can understand why they still may not want to refund as the item still may arrive, although usually it is usually the non registered shipping method that can take 4 weeks, the tracked items normally arrive in around 2 weeks in my experience.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 14th Jan
I ordered from gearbest for the second time and it has been on dispatch for more than a month. I thought I will give a chance. Not anymore I suppose. I personally prefer banggood as I never had any problems with them. With gearbest it is hit and miss..
Don't buy from these companies.
As other posters have asked, how did you pay and how much was the order.
It’s only been 4 weeks. Relax, it will show up over time. This is normal.
Original Poster
It was £150 so not a huge amount and was ordered on a credit card so it's protected. This isn't my normal shopping experience from sites like these. I've ordered from banggood a couple of times and the tracking info is really detailed and orders arrive in two weeks usually. I get that it was the festive period, but it's been four weeks. Even the gearbest support person said that the shipping info is unusual, whatever that means.
It’s not unusual to wait 6-8 weeks when coming from China. I order a lot and have seen things turn up a week later and other times something turned up 12 weeks later.
Bradleigh7 h, 28 m ago

gearbest do have a representative called Alice ? I believe on here

Try contacting Alice if you need further help.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 14th Jan
If you have a tracking ref that starts JJD try it on this site it will show you where the parcel has been/is before it gets to the UK faryaa.com/use…er=
17track.net/en

try this tracking site - need to use google translate to get the chinese result into english, but it worked for me with one of their orders - saw it pass very, very slowly through china, russia and eastern europe.
Original Poster
WhiteNoiseMaker2 h, 26 m ago

If you have a tracking ref that starts JJD try it on this site it will …If you have a tracking ref that starts JJD try it on this site it will show you where the parcel has been/is before it gets to the UK http://www.faryaa.com/user/index/package-refer/type/track?order_number=

This is helpful to see. Looks like my parcel arrived in Prague on 20 Dec and the last update was on 4 Jan where it doesn't specify the location but has the status of "Shipment transiting to next station,United Kingdom". Maybe there's hope yet.
Hi thisisready,

Could you please kindly send me your order number for re-checking ?

Gearbest Store Rep.Alice
You can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com
Can anyone make sense of this tracking, does it mean my parcel is not in the UK.

33067703-tAuBX.jpg
Looking at that I would say it’s in UK customs.
thisisready16 h, 44 m ago

This is helpful to see. Looks like my parcel arrived in Prague on 20 Dec …This is helpful to see. Looks like my parcel arrived in Prague on 20 Dec and the last update was on 4 Jan where it doesn't specify the location but has the status of "Shipment transiting to next station,United Kingdom". Maybe there's hope yet.

Mine is showing

33067928-uvCPq.jpg
WhiteNoiseMaker11 m ago

Looking at that I would say it’s in UK customs.

Is it likely to be stuck in customs, its value is £7.52, the worst part being is I normally opt for untracked shipping but with this item you could select UK priority mail for free. Priority my *rse, items I have ordered since then using untracked have all arrived.
Original Poster
SOUTHWALES13 m ago

Mine is showing[Image]

Mine is similar but after the row that says it's in clearance, mine says shipment transiting to next station: UK. But it's stuck there since 4 Jan.
thisisready17 m ago

Mine is similar but after the row that says it's in clearance, mine says …Mine is similar but after the row that says it's in clearance, mine says shipment transiting to next station: UK. But it's stuck there since 4 Jan.

Have ordered about 15 items of gearbest and this is the only item that has a tracking number starting with JJD and means it will now end up getting delivered by Yodel, I should have stuck with untracked as I have also ordered another item on the 29th of December and that arrived over a week ago via royal mail. What is the point in them having priority and express UK services as options if they are actually slower than non tracked mail.
SOUTHWALES38 m ago

Is it likely to be stuck in customs, its value is £7.52, the worst part …Is it likely to be stuck in customs, its value is £7.52, the worst part being is I normally opt for untracked shipping but with this item you could select UK priority mail for free. Priority my *rse, items I have ordered since then using untracked have all arrived.

Just because it’s a low value item doesn’t mean that they won’t check the contents. But saying that it might not be a U.K. clearance it could be something in Prague
thisisready15th Jan

Mine is similar but after the row that says it's in clearance, mine says …Mine is similar but after the row that says it's in clearance, mine says shipment transiting to next station: UK. But it's stuck there since 4 Jan.

Obviously are items must have been part of the same cargo shipment, has your tracking info changed or still the same, have you had any resolve. I am trying to get another item shipped as it was only £7 at the time but now would be £15 so would rather have a replacement sent. So far there not playing ball.
Original Poster
SOUTHWALES4 h, 6 m ago

Obviously are items must have been part of the same cargo shipment, has …Obviously are items must have been part of the same cargo shipment, has your tracking info changed or still the same, have you had any resolve. I am trying to get another item shipped as it was only £7 at the time but now would be £15 so would rather have a replacement sent. So far there not playing ball.

Worth popping a note to Alice@Gearbest, she has helped get some good options on the table. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and a bit more time before taking them up on one of the options.

My tracking info has updated to show less info recently. Prague isn't mentioned anymore, just says on 2 Jan status of "Send to destination" but the row below that was for 29-Dec which says Customs clearance processing complete. I'll give it a bit more time and see what happens.

I think I must be jinxed. My BangGood order has arrived in the UK and is with Parcel Force. They were supposed to deliver today but they've returned it to the depot for some unspecified reason. No idea if they'll try again tomorrow. I got notification from Royal Mail for a separate delivery which was apparently delivered yesterday to either reception or a neighbour yet I see no card and no info as to where it's gone to and reception says they haven't had anything. So frustrating.
thisisready13 h, 21 m ago

Worth popping a note to Alice@Gearbest, she has helped get some good …Worth popping a note to Alice@Gearbest, she has helped get some good options on the table. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and a bit more time before taking them up on one of the options.My tracking info has updated to show less info recently. Prague isn't mentioned anymore, just says on 2 Jan status of "Send to destination" but the row below that was for 29-Dec which says Customs clearance processing complete. I'll give it a bit more time and see what happens.I think I must be jinxed. My BangGood order has arrived in the UK and is with Parcel Force. They were supposed to deliver today but they've returned it to the depot for some unspecified reason. No idea if they'll try again tomorrow. I got notification from Royal Mail for a separate delivery which was apparently delivered yesterday to either reception or a neighbour yet I see no card and no info as to where it's gone to and reception says they haven't had anything. So frustrating.

Mine has also had the Prague destination part removed, I am thinking that this is to write for the parcels as unknown last destination. I think someone has messed up somewhere and trying to remove responsibility. I have ordered A similar item from gearbest on the 8th if January and that is out for delivery today with royal mail, so it can not be right that an item I ordered on the 16 of December is still outstanding. Especially as the later is standard airmail and the original item was supposed to be priority tracked mail.

33086600-ZS8Hu.jpg
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 18th Jan
My Banggood order for a $5.99 alarm clock 'just' arrived today.

The order was placed on the 14th of November and it was dispatched (supposedly) on the 15th of November.

On the other hand the replacement ear tips for my Sennheiser earphones, ordered on the 3rd of January, arrived in just 9 days.

Ordering from China is pot luck. Hope you get your item soon.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 18th Jan
Original Poster
I got the message below by email today. None of the tracking sites show that the package has actually arrived in the UK yet though.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for placing an order with us. We apologize that you have yet to receive your package.

There has been a slight delay to your delivery. However, we are pleased to inform you that the package is now in your local country and will be delivered to you soon.

Kindly wait for your package to arrive.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and kind support.
SUMMONER8 h, 19 m ago

My Banggood order for a $5.99 alarm clock 'just' arrived today. My Banggood order for a $5.99 alarm clock 'just' arrived today. The order was placed on the 14th of November and it was dispatched (supposedly) on the 15th of November. On the other hand the replacement ear tips for my Sennheiser earphones, ordered on the 3rd of January, arrived in just 9 days. Ordering from China is pot luck. Hope you get your item soon.

Hi, was the alarm clock tracked or untracked?
thisisready1 h, 53 m ago

I got the message below by email today. None of the tracking sites show …I got the message below by email today. None of the tracking sites show that the package has actually arrived in the UK yet though.Dear Valued Customer,Thank you for placing an order with us. We apologize that you have yet to receive your package.There has been a slight delay to your delivery. However, we are pleased to inform you that the package is now in your local country and will be delivered to you soon.Kindly wait for your package to arrive.We sincerely appreciate your patience and kind support.

It really does not bother me if the item takes around a month to arrive, what is annoying is that I ordered 2 of the same item that day and because I wanted one asap I opted for UK priority mail and it is that one that is outstanding why the untracked parcel arrived on the 2nd of January. And all gearbest keep doing is blaming the busy season, but that was nearly a month ago now, I could probably order another one today and it will still probably get here before my outstanding item that apparently has already covered 80% of the journey. And I am not that happy again with gearbest as the item that arrived today does not appear genuine despite claiming to be.
SOUTHWALES1 h, 20 m ago

Hi, was the alarm clock tracked or untracked?

Non tracked, cheapest shipping option.

Looking at the order page now it turns out that even Bangood estimated that it was to arrive in early December.

Shows you how messed up/random shipping stuff from China is.
thisisready14th Jan

This is helpful to see. Looks like my parcel arrived in Prague on 20 Dec …This is helpful to see. Looks like my parcel arrived in Prague on 20 Dec and the last update was on 4 Jan where it doesn't specify the location but has the status of "Shipment transiting to next station,United Kingdom". Maybe there's hope yet.

Well i ordered my parcel on the 24th dec 2017 i used that tracking site and mine has been to prague airport and back to hong kong now it is sitting in clearance since 09/01/2018 wtf
Very interesting tracking results Ryan. I've been getting nowhere with Gearbest for an item ordered on 30th November , despatched 15th December ( lol yes i know) and still not here.

I've been tracking in Yodel site, 17 track, track24, and faarya panasia.

Until this morning, not a single tracking event, nothing at all, nothing to indicare the item had been scanned anywhere.

I quieres this with Gearbest who told me :
1. Its in your country be patient.
2. You didn't pay tax on the item it might be retired and the courier might destroy it and you'll get no compensation.
3.its in transit to your country and progress is "normal"

I had these 3 desperate status s within 24 hours from various gearbest people.

I told them I didn't believe any if if, there was no proof it had even left Gearbest, it hadn't been scanned anywhere in the world since 14th december. I asked them to provide some evidence where they found this tracking information.

Obviously they didn't , they told ne to hang in a bit longer as it was in transit, 'normal' shipping status.

And offerd me £15 compensation , which I've said no to as I just want the item, its a 120 quid mini pc tv box thing for my 11 yr okd son's Christmas present. (Me and wife divorced and only been Separated since october, son lives
Alternate weeks with each of us and this is for his bedroom. When he comes to my house, feel terrible keep stringing him along)

I tried Yodel to tell them item is in clearance. The say they haven't received it into their network.

It looks to me like it is an item waiting to have tax paid, but where is it so I can contact and pay. Don't Yodel sort out collection of import payments , like every other courier on the planet?

Or, and more sinister, my constant challenging of whether the item had been despatched at all, as not a single tracking event I only saw all that info on faryaa, today,

Could gearbest upload fictitious tracking, it really wasn't there before, it looks to me likes faryaa could be a part of Gearbest
33119067-DpoqT.jpg,.
SwagnusSwagnusson1 h, 23 m ago

Very interesting tracking results Ryan. I've been getting nowhere with …Very interesting tracking results Ryan. I've been getting nowhere with Gearbest for an item ordered on 30th November , despatched 15th December ( lol yes i know) and still not here.I've been tracking in Yodel site, 17 track, track24, and faarya panasia.Until this morning, not a single tracking event, nothing at all, nothing to indicare the item had been scanned anywhere. I quieres this with Gearbest who told me :1. Its in your country be patient.2. You didn't pay tax on the item it might be retired and the courier might destroy it and you'll get no compensation.3.its in transit to your country and progress is "normal"I had these 3 desperate status s within 24 hours from various gearbest people.I told them I didn't believe any if if, there was no proof it had even left Gearbest, it hadn't been scanned anywhere in the world since 14th december. I asked them to provide some evidence where they found this tracking information.Obviously they didn't , they told ne to hang in a bit longer as it was in transit, 'normal' shipping status. And offerd me £15 compensation , which I've said no to as I just want the item, its a 120 quid mini pc tv box thing for my 11 yr okd son's Christmas present. (Me and wife divorced and only been Separated since october, son lives Alternate weeks with each of us and this is for his bedroom. When he comes to my house, feel terrible keep stringing him along)I tried Yodel to tell them item is in clearance. The say they haven't received it into their network. It looks to me like it is an item waiting to have tax paid, but where is it so I can contact and pay. Don't Yodel sort out collection of import payments , like every other courier on the planet?Or, and more sinister, my constant challenging of whether the item had been despatched at all, as not a single tracking event I only saw all that info on faryaa, today, Could gearbest upload fictitious tracking, it really wasn't there before, it looks to me likes faryaa could be a part of Gearbest[Image] ,.

I wonder the same as my tracking showed it had arrived in Prague, but shortly after I queried it with gearbest some of the tracking information changed now it is again saying it is in Clearance since the 4th of jan, there is definitely a big cock up somewhere as it appears to be all the deliveries starting with JJD and being delivered by yodel. I can only assume are parcels are sitting in Prague, maybe they have decided there not paying to sort through thousands of Chinese parcels, as I believe once the items land in Europe the cost falls on EU countries to sort and deliver the items. Gearbest must be geeting a headache over all tnere isding parcels you would think they could contact customs and find out why hundreds if not more of there deliveries are stuck in clearence. I have even ordered an item on the 14th of January and that arrived today.

All gearbest seem to want to do us stall everyone in the hope that these items will turn up but I just can not see it now, I have never seen items stuck in clearence fire more than 3 days. Gearbest can not keep blaming Christmas when items ordered in January are already being delivered.

33119372-vskSf.jpg
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 23rd Jan
I'm waiting for an expensive item sent on 26th December (ordered 7th December). I was hopeful that all the people waiting for items sent earlier than mine, would have received their orders by now. Mine has been waiting for customs clearance since 11th January, so i was expecting a letter or something saying i need to make a payment but so far I've had nothing.

I'm going to give them the 35 days they say it can take up to and then i'll be contacting PayPal for a refund.

33120490-g7VPs.jpg
Edited by: "WhiteNoiseMaker" 23rd Jan
WhiteNoiseMaker13 m ago

I'm waiting for an expensive item sent on 26th December (ordered 7th …I'm waiting for an expensive item sent on 26th December (ordered 7th December). I was hopeful that all the people waiting for items sent earlier than mine, would have received their orders by now. Mine has been waiting for customs clearance since 11th January, so i was expecting a letter or something saying i need to make a payment but so far I've had nothing.I'm going to give them the 35 days they say it can take up to and then i'll be contacting PayPal for a refund.[Image]

Hi, 35 days from the 7th or the 26th?
35 from the day they shipped it - 26th December.
New update to my tracking status: estimate delivery in 1 week, let’s see what happens!
33124628-haWBd.jpg
WhiteNoiseMaker24th Jan

New update to my tracking status: estimate delivery in 1 week, let’s see w …New update to my tracking status: estimate delivery in 1 week, let’s see what happens![Image]

Mine said yesterday delivered to destination country, now it is saying "estimated to deliver to destination country in one week"
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants