Gearbest not shipping in-stock item

Found 9th Mar 2016
I ordered a phone from gearbest more than 2 weeks ago, the item was shown in stock in their china warehouse so I expected a longer delivery time (3-4 weeks). However, till date my order status is "processing".

When I contacted gearbest CS on 3 days after the oreder, I was told that the item is not in stock and I will have to wait 2 weeks. This was when the item was being sold on their website and was shown in-stock at the china warehouse.

Nearly 2 weeks have passed after that and there is no sign of them shipping the phone.

I have now requested them to cancel my order and process refund, but judging by their previous responses, getting the refund might be an uphill task.

I paid by paypal, can I contact paypal and request them to process my refund?

This was my first order with gearbest, never again..
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
I am currently doing the same, I bought a fake PS4 controller and some other bits, I received the controller but it was faulty, they pretty much told me to buy another one. None of the other items were sent, its been 4 weeks now, I have a PayPal claim going through at the moment, got to wait for gearbest to respond before I know what is going on
2 weeks is nothing, had to wait nearly 2months for my doogee x5 pro because of spring holiday and item not in stock(it did say in stock at the time of ordering).
maybe they collect all the order from customer and order from manufacturer to get discount.
ho5dow

2 weeks is nothing, had to wait nearly 2months for my doogee x5 pro … 2 weeks is nothing, had to wait nearly 2months for my doogee x5 pro because of spring holiday and item not in stock(it did say in stock at the time of ordering). maybe they collect all the order from customer and order from manufacturer to get discount.

Yes, I think this is what they do. I order a Ulefone Power recently which was in stock, but the order was processing for a good week before being shipped.
saucymonk

Yes, I think this is what they do. I order a Ulefone Power recently which … Yes, I think this is what they do. I order a Ulefone Power recently which was in stock, but the order was processing for a good week before being shipped.

When did you order if I can ask? Mine was ordered in second half of Feb and still no sign of moving forward.
kaku_lala

When did you order if I can ask? Mine was ordered in second half of Feb … When did you order if I can ask? Mine was ordered in second half of Feb and still no sign of moving forward.

My order was feb 23rd and shipped on the 7th march,So more like two weeks before shipping actually. Hopefully I'll get it in a week or so...
I ordered a teclast tablet on 2/3 received it yesterday from China, so sometimes they get things right.
shadey12

I ordered a teclast tablet on 2/3 received it yesterday from China, so … I ordered a teclast tablet on 2/3 received it yesterday from China, so sometimes they get things right.

​I was thinking of ordering one of those. How are you getting on with it? Sorry for the off topic.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions