GearBest - not worth buying from them

Found 1st Oct 2017
I had ordered a smart phone from GearBest on 11 Aug 2017 (Order

Number:WB1708111138258467)

and the item was claimed to be shipped through Yodel Courier (Courier Tracking JJD0002257016349788).

On 19 Aug 2017 without delivering the product the

status on the courier website was changed to ‘delivered’ . I was at home the

entire day and no one had approached for parcel delivery. Upon contacting Yodel Courier customer care I

managed to get the delivery driver number and contacted him to check the

status. The response I got from him was that he quit the job weeks back. The

case of theft and false claim of delivery was highlighted to GearBest in order to

initiate an investigation, however the final response form GearBest was to

refund 120USD (91.75GBP) wherein I had paid 128.44GBP. Since the transaction

was through PayPal I had raised this issue through them, but they were of not

much help.

Till today I have not received the product and I am under

loss of 36.69GBP. Not sure if GearBest had investigated on this issue. At least they could ask the courier to

provide recipients signature to prove the delivery of courier. I feel someone

has stolen the parcel and updated their internal status as delivered.

After this incident, I have decided to stay away from this

company…….
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
hethekid16 m ago

Gearbest gave you what they received after charges, etc.

What's that got to do with the OP? He didn't steal the phone. It's Gearbest's responsibility to supply the goods to the buyer. Why should he be out of pocket when he did nothing wrong?

Just to add though, anyone who deals with these Asian websites has to be prepared for these types of instances. They are absolute garbage and I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
29 Comments
Gearbest gave you what they received after charges, etc. The delivery man who stole the phone is at fault
So you joined hukd today to tell your story?
I've had loads off GB and never had a problem with one exception, their rep on hukd sorted it.
If you paid with PayPal then your covered. Yeah it's a shame the delivery driver might of pinched the phone. But at least your covered to get the funds back.
hethekid16 m ago

Gearbest gave you what they received after charges, etc.

What's that got to do with the OP? He didn't steal the phone. It's Gearbest's responsibility to supply the goods to the buyer. Why should he be out of pocket when he did nothing wrong?

Just to add though, anyone who deals with these Asian websites has to be prepared for these types of instances. They are absolute garbage and I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
I don't spend more than £15 on gear best. Don't trust them. And I always use Paypal just a more safer option.

But seriously can't gearbest at least try to send out another phone or give you a full refund. We are talking about £40 being thrown away!!!
deeky55 m ago

What's that got to do with the OP? He didn't steal the phone. It's …What's that got to do with the OP? He didn't steal the phone. It's Gearbest's responsibility to supply the goods to the buyer. Why should he be out of pocket when he did nothing wrong?Just to add though, anyone who deals with these Asian websites has to be prepared for these types of instances. They are absolute garbage and I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

To be fair, Gearbest supplied the phone and have tracking which state it has been delivered. It is Yodel fault if in fact the package has not been delivered.

Gearbest are well in their right not to send a full refund or replacement. The OP should be glad Gearbest sent a partial refund covering most of the price paid.

If the OP wants compensation they should contact Yodel and get all supporting evidence and take it to their complaints department.

One thing I find strange is that the OP said they got into contact with the driver directly but why would Yodel give their employee contact details especially if they left the company weeks before? Why would Yodel not contact the driver directly?
I thought it was company responsibility to deal with courier they use not the customer. In this instance Gearbest should pay customer and claim from Yodel. I concur with earlier posts there is a risk saving money with the Chinese HK sites and through Yodel in the mix you really would be lucky to receive the goods
Yodel, nuff said.

I know Gearbest should have refunded the OP in full but if I were them i'd be thankful I received anything at all seeing as the parcel showed as delivered. I know some UK retailers would dismiss the customer outright in a similar situation.
bumbaclart40 m ago

To be fair, Gearbest supplied the phone and have tracking which state it …To be fair, Gearbest supplied the phone and have tracking which state it has been delivered. It is Yodel fault if in fact the package has not been delivered.Gearbest are well in their right not to send a full refund or replacement. The OP should be glad Gearbest sent a partial refund covering most of the price paid.If the OP wants compensation they should contact Yodel and get all supporting evidence and take it to their complaints department.One thing I find strange is that the OP said they got into contact with the driver directly but why would Yodel give their employee contact details especially if they left the company weeks before? Why would Yodel not contact the driver directly?

It's not the buyer's duty to liaise with the courier.

I know that's UK consumer law and I'm not sure how it relates to this, but the basic premise is surely the same.
Edited by: "deeky" 1st Oct 2017
GEARBEST AND YODEL ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhhaha

You expected it to arrrive? Sorry to hear about your bad news but that made me laugh out loud!
Yodel.
Worst delivery company ever.

By the way, what's the reason for gear best valuing your order differently from what you paid?
deeky49 m ago

It's not the buyer's duty to liaise with the courier.I know that's UK …It's not the buyer's duty to liaise with the courier.I know that's UK consumer law and I'm not sure how it relates to this, but the basic premise is surely the same.

Gearbest is covered by Chinese law, not UK law so no point posting links to the Citizen Advice Bureau.

In addition the tracking show that the parcel is delivered. This in itself would hold up in any legal dispute as being delivered.

The OP still hasn't explained how they were able to get the drivers contact details from Yodel, an ex employer who under no circumstances would give out direct driver contact details let alone a driver who had left weeks before. This seems so strange in itself.
Edited by: "bumbaclart" 1st Oct 2017
bumbaclart1 h, 36 m ago

To be fair, Gearbest supplied the phone and have tracking which state it …To be fair, Gearbest supplied the phone and have tracking which state it has been delivered. It is Yodel fault if in fact the package has not been delivered.Gearbest are well in their right not to send a full refund or replacement. The OP should be glad Gearbest sent a partial refund covering most of the price paid.If the OP wants compensation they should contact Yodel and get all supporting evidence and take it to their complaints department.One thing I find strange is that the OP said they got into contact with the driver directly but why would Yodel give their employee contact details especially if they left the company weeks before? Why would Yodel not contact the driver directly?

Yodel give you the drivers number, I have been given it before, you get put through to the depot by the call centre or the depot is number that comes up in the tracking details in the first place, then they tell you the drivers details . I also had an instance where the guy I phoned was quite annoyed and said he hadn't worked for Yodel for months and the operator at depot kept giving people his number. Yodel are a joke and I avoid them and won't even buy from certain retailers if I know it's Yodel.

Edit; it's there business phone I pressume not their house or something.
Edited by: "catbeans" 1st Oct 2017
duncan51121 h, 50 m ago

I thought it was company responsibility to deal with courier they use not …I thought it was company responsibility to deal with courier they use not the customer. In this instance Gearbest should pay customer and claim from Yodel. I concur with earlier posts there is a risk saving money with the Chinese HK sites and through Yodel in the mix you really would be lucky to receive the goods

If Gearbest sale came under UK consumer law, yes. But in this case, foreign law applies where Gearbest is registered. This is a personal import, you are on your own diligence.

One buys from overseas because overall you are still quids in even after mishaps. Basically one self-insures one's own loss.

Infact Gearbest had been very good to refund 120USD (91.75GBP) in this case, too good.
Edited by: "splender" 1st Oct 2017
splender43 m ago

If Gearbest sale came under UK consumer law, yes. But in this case, …If Gearbest sale came under UK consumer law, yes. But in this case, foreign law applies where Gearbest is registered. This is a personal import, you are on your own diligence. One buys from overseas because overall you are still quids in even after mishaps. Basically one self-insures one's own loss. Infact Gearbest had been very good to refund 120USD (91.75GBP) in this case, too good.

Splender _ sorry yes stand corrected you are right due to overseas. Still think it is a gamble buying high value goods from these company as worthless guarantee and risk not turning up. I guess if you buy a lot you can take a hit on those that do not arrive or break within a warranty period. Also agree Gearbest paying something is a better result than could have happened and sure others have suffered worse. Personally I will just buy if £20 or less.
shadey125 h, 36 m ago

So you joined hukd today to tell your story?I've had loads off GB and …So you joined hukd today to tell your story?I've had loads off GB and never had a problem with one exception, their rep on hukd sorted it.

trustpilot.com/rev…df3
hethekid7 h, 14 m ago

Gearbest gave you what they received after charges, etc. The delivery man …Gearbest gave you what they received after charges, etc. The delivery man who stole the phone is at fault

Its GearBest responsibility to ensure the order is delivered to customer. They need to investigate on this theft to avoid future occurances
ThugBasher7 h, 17 m ago

If you paid with PayPal then your covered. Yeah it's a shame the delivery …If you paid with PayPal then your covered. Yeah it's a shame the delivery driver might of pinched the phone. But at least your covered to get the funds back.

Ya even i expected i would be covered, but since the order showed delivered they could not decide on this issue and closed out the case.
bumbaclart6 h, 26 m ago

Since the payment i made was to GearBest i feel its the responsibility of delivering the product should be taken up by GearBest. It is GearBest who have to investigate on this issue and make sure that something like this wont happen to anyone else.
I'm surprised Gearbest deals get so much heat, utter tat.
Destard5 h, 45 m ago

Yodel.Worst delivery company ever.By the way, what's the reason for gear …Yodel.Worst delivery company ever.By the way, what's the reason for gear best valuing your order differently from what you paid?

I am not sure how their valuation is done but i was told by their customer support that was the maximum amount they could refund. So had to agree on it rather than going on full loss.
Sujay31 m ago

I am not sure how their valuation is done but i was told by their customer …I am not sure how their valuation is done but i was told by their customer support that was the maximum amount they could refund.

Read: Even though we know we should refund the full amount, we're still going to try to claw at least some of it back.
Sujay51 m ago

I am not sure how their valuation is done but i was told by their customer …I am not sure how their valuation is done but i was told by their customer support that was the maximum amount they could refund. So had to agree on it rather than going on full loss.

So you agreed to that amount, got your money and now your joining sites to slate them.
You settled.
Ya I have got partial amount and still i am still under loss for doing the transaction. Atleast other buyers should be aware what is going on with gearbest and their courier partners. I am also hoping GearBest will initiate an investigation to solve this case of theft.
shadey121 h, 39 m ago

So you agreed to that amount, got your money and now your joining sites to …So you agreed to that amount, got your money and now your joining sites to slate them.You settled.

That's a bit harsh mate, give the guy a break, he's just been ripped off a bit and needs to share with others.
Ordered 3 times and received 3 times. Albeit the first was slow delivery which was a phone. Couldn't recommend them enough.
Hi Rex007,

I hope you are well.
I apologize for the lateness to reply as we just come back from a holiday today

Hopefully, i am able to help you after i look into this issue based on your order number WB1708111138258467

Have a nice day !

Best regards,
Alice
Edited by: "Gearbest1" 5th Oct 2017
I can confirm this issue is finally well-solved.

For any further assistance, just feel free to contact me

Gearbest Store Rep.Alice
You can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com
Gearbest11 h, 31 m ago

I can confirm this issue is finally well-solved. For any further …I can confirm this issue is finally well-solved. For any further assistance, just feel free to contact me Gearbest Store Rep.AliceYou can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com

That was easy enough.

To say.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions