Groups

GearBest order HELP Plz

I have never ordered mobilephone from outside of uk, just decided to order phone from gear best. But I don't know what things to look on the phone to make it sure it will work in UK, I mean I need a phone which will work when i insert the sim card in. ..a phone ready to go without any modification...I hope it makes sense.
    Regards, thanks in advance.

15 Comments

chinesesmartphones.co.uk/wil…uk/
    Take a look on here, other members will give more information.

If you post which network you're looking to use as well could help, other follow up replies.

Original Poster

kos1c

http://www.chinesesmartphones.co.uk/will-a-chinese-smartphone-work-in-the-uk/Take a look on here, other members will give more information. If you post which network you're looking to use as well could help, other follow up replies.

thanks for quick reply. it will be 3 network very highly

bilo

thanks for quick reply. it will be 3 network very highly

You'll have to take my reply with a pinch of salt, as I'm fairly new to the whole Chinese phone in the UK. (I'd wait for someone to confirm this to be 100% sure).

4g.co.uk/4g-…ow/

Three(3) uses the following.

4g/LTE: 800MHz & 1800MHz
    3G: 2100MHz
    2G: NA.

Edited by: "kos1c" 9th Nov 2016

Original Poster

kos1c

You'll have to take my reply with a pinch of salt, as I'm fairly new to … You'll have to take my reply with a pinch of salt, as I'm fairly new to the whole Chinese phone in the UK. (I'd wait for someone to confirm this to be 100% sure). http://www.4g.co.uk/4g-frequencies-uk-need-know/Three(3) uses the following.4g/LTE: 800MHz & 1800MHz3G: 2100MHz2G: NA.

thanks

bilo

thanks

This is my understanding.

First phone I've picked on the site.
    gearbest.com/cel…tml

Network:
    2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz
    3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz CDMA 2000 BC0
    4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600MHz

You just need to match up the single bands for each one. I've underlined the two for 3g and 4g.

but as above, I am new to all this, as well. >.<
    Edited by: "kos1c" 9th Nov 2016

Original Poster

kos1c

This is my understanding.First phone I've picked on the … This is my understanding.First phone I've picked on the site.http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_367774.htmlNetwork:2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz CDMA 2000 BC04G: FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600MHz You just need to match up the single bands for each one. I've underlined the two for 3g and 4g. but as above, I am new to all this, as well. >.<

For Example is this model ok for 3network, play store, gps etc will work?
    hotukdeals.com/dea…637
    Edited by: "bilo" 9th Nov 2016

bilo

http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4-8291.phpand this one sorry?

Found a site that lets you search by model, country and network to see if it works.

willmyphonework.net/
    The one you linked will work 3g and 4g in the UK.

Gearbest are a nightmare company to deal with , you will wait ages then be lied to about your order
    If no phone eventually turns up you are offered credit to your account
    Some on here have had smooth deals with them but most have had a nightmare
    I was bitten twice by them and will never use them again , good luck !
    Edited by: "Bradleigh" 9th Nov 2016

Bradleigh

Gearbest are a nightmare company to deal with , you will wait ages then … Gearbest are a nightmare company to deal with , you will wait ages then be lied to about your orderIf no phone eventually turns up you are offered credit to your accountSome on here have had smooth deals with them but most have had a nightmareI was bitten twice by them and will never use them again , good luck !

My Xiaomi Yi camera got lost in the post. An **** me Gearbest are one of the worst company I have ever purchased from. I lost count how many times they offered me credit for the item or to refund me half or the original cost.

Got there in the end only when I just let paypal do the work but I would never purchase from them again. Good luck with your item and I hope you enjoy it and don't want to send it back

Bradleigh

Gearbest are a nightmare company to deal with , you will wait ages then … Gearbest are a nightmare company to deal with , you will wait ages then be lied to about your orderIf no phone eventually turns up you are offered credit to your accountSome on here have had smooth deals with them but most have had a nightmareI was bitten twice by them and will never use them again , good luck !

Best answer ^^^

chocci

Best answer ^^^

just use payapal and don't have to deal with gearbest customer service

never had a problem with my doogee x5 pro ordered on a Tuesday and delivered Saturday
    Edited by: "mattmerch" 9th Nov 2016

mattmerch

just use payapal and don't have to deal with gearbest customer service … just use payapal and don't have to deal with gearbest customer service never had a problem with my doogee x5 pro ordered on a Tuesday and delivered Saturday

its only when things go wrong that they make you jump through hoops (e.g return to China at your expense).

Would paypal pay out if you hadn't returned the faulty item?

This is a special version which has UK band 20 (hardly any do) and sealed box from aliexpress who are genrally very good for phones.
    hotukdeals.com/dea…175

chocci

its only when things go wrong that they make you jump through hoops (e.g … its only when things go wrong that they make you jump through hoops (e.g return to China at your expense).Would paypal pay out if you hadn't returned the faulty item?

Highly unlikely, you'd have to show you'd return it before PP would refund.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....11
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767499
      3. Bearded chat1020
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691427

See more discussions