Gearbest order returns problem

Found 12th Dec 2017
Hi, im looking for some advice here please.

i ordered a xiaomi redmi note 4 from gearbest and it took a while to deliver but it eventually came. however it has the infamous charging problem straight out of the box where it connects and disconnects continuously while charging. for this reason i was unable to use the phone and requested a return through gearbest.

they did all they can to deny me sending the phone back however they eventually gave me an RMA slip and told me to return it back to their UK warehouse. i posted it back special delivery yesterday and i just woke up to have the parcel sent back to me as they refused to accept it.

now i am really disappointed as it was my first order from them and they sent me a faulty phone (pretty much DOA) and are now messing me around.

i have all the proof that the phone was faulty and delivered back however they are now being very uncooperative (not suprised).

can anyone provide me with any advice on what i should do as i believe i have been scammed. any advice will be appreciated.

my order number is WW1711110947138258
my ticket number is WT17120510217

thanks
Community Updates
Ask
34 Comments
how did you pay?
Original Poster
i paid by paypal funded by my debit card
Original Poster
also i created a paypal case for item not arrived as the item showed as being delivered on tracking but was actually delivered many days later. being naive i then closed the case and after realised it had a problem and paypal wouldnt let me open another case for faulty phone
Have you contacted Paypal by phone and explained the situation ?
Original Poster
regretful16 m ago

Have you contacted Paypal by phone and explained the situation ?

yes and they said they cant open another case as i closed it
You wont be able to claim under section 75 on your credit/debit card as you used Payal as an intermediary, however you may be able to do a chargeback

moneysavingexpert.com/sho…ack

However it's been known in the past for Paypal to close accounts for doing this
Original Poster
regretful14 m ago

You wont be able to claim under section 75 on your credit/debit card as …You wont be able to claim under section 75 on your credit/debit card as you used Payal as an intermediary, however you may be able to do a chargebackhttps://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargebackHowever it's been known in the past for Paypal to close accounts for doing this

Thanks thats helpful. im not familiar with the chargeback process although it seems apparent from other discussions on here that its become common with gearbest.

do you mean paypal will close my account if i do a chargeback even though chargeback is with my bank?
Nasir12312 m ago

Thanks thats helpful. im not familiar with the chargeback process although …Thanks thats helpful. im not familiar with the chargeback process although it seems apparent from other discussions on here that its become common with gearbest.do you mean paypal will close my account if i do a chargeback even though chargeback is with my bank?

Yes, Paypal can get annoyed if you use this method to recover your money, it's not that common that they close accounts for this but I wanted you to be aware that it could happen. Hopefully not to you
This is probably a daft question and I'm sure you will have done this but have you tried other chargers and/or cables to charge it as mine doesn't like some chargers and does the connect/disconnect thing,
Original Poster
Skaman3 m ago

This is probably a daft question and I'm sure you will have done this but …This is probably a daft question and I'm sure you will have done this but have you tried other chargers and/or cables to charge it as mine doesn't like some chargers and does the connect/disconnect thing,

hi not a daft question at all. i tried that with new chargers/cables and existing ones. i even used ones from my samsung but that didnt work. i even tried charging through my laptop but still the same problem. i did everything i could that gearbest suggested but in the end i realised its just a faulty phone. a quick google search showed me many others having the same issue. it must be a dodgy batch from the company.
The gearbest rep may be along soon to help you out? I’d still try to chargeback though let them close your account.

I really would avoid gearbest they are an awful company to deal with and I’m still surprised this site allows them given at least once a week there’s a thread like this. They can be quite pushy about getting you to close a PayPal dispute also

good luck with the chargeback!
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 12th Dec 2017
I've ordered a few android boxes from the. In the past and one developed a fault about 6mths in. To be fair they offered me a partial refund and keep the box or I pay postage and they send a new box. This arrived about 2weks later. I wouldn't spend anything more than about £30 with then with the risk of not getting a return if faulty (sorry not sure how much u paid). Have you had live chat or maybe on their Facebook and Twitter page? Good luck with them and hopefully u get it resolved.
I bought an Elephone S7 for £160+ last year. Returned it due to charging issues. Its taken them 2+ months to offer me $50!

I rejected next 2 offers settling on $105 only because the constant to & fro of sending & waiting a day for each response just wore Me down.

Good luck
Edited by: "Gollywood" 12th Dec 2017
Original Poster
thanks. im hoping the gearbest rep sees this as i have had enough of the responses provided. they just replied back to my message on their website asking me to provide tracking number and website/company which i did in my previous message anyway. useless i think they are just trying to delay this.

i really dont want to get the banks involved and do a chargeback and risk my paypal account but i may just have to
Original Poster
cuzzy7 m ago

Try messaging Alice, she may be able to help. …Try messaging Alice, she may be able to help. https://www.hotukdeals.com/profile/Gearbest1

how can i message her, i clicked through the link but it doesnt give me the option.
Nasir1232 h, 6 m ago

how can i message her, i clicked through the link but it doesnt give me …how can i message her, i clicked through the link but it doesnt give me the option.

Click the envelope button at the top
Original Poster
richje1002 m ago

Click the envelope button at the top

i tried but it doesnt give me the option, says i have to be more active on here before i can pm other members
Nasir12330 m ago

i tried but it doesnt give me the option, says i have to be more active on …i tried but it doesnt give me the option, says i have to be more active on here before i can pm other members

Ahh ok. If i remember right you have to comment 10 times before u can message. I'll try and send her the link to this thread
Here u go.
32710577-TUTrh.jpg
First thing I would've tried is a different usb cable to charge your phone.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 12th Dec 2017
RiverDragon81 h, 52 m ago

First thing I would've tried is a different usb cable to charge your phone.

He already tried that and it didn’t work.
Original Poster
richje10017 h, 7 m ago

Here u go.[Image]

ah thanks richje100. i really hope she sees this and helps me out as gearbest customer support are giving me the run around
Original Poster
  • Gearbest Customer Support At12/09/2017 02:31:59

Dear Nasir,

Thank you for your order with Gearbest.

We regret to hear about this issue and wish to take this opportunity to personally apologize to you.

Our returns information is as follows:

Fao: Weiwen Luo

Address: Woodgate Business Park, Clapgate Lane, Bartley Green,Birmingham,B32 3BZ,United Kingdom

Tel: 07780841791

Please note:

1. This is a third party address (customer complaints are not accepted).

2. Please download and print the attachment, and include it in the package. This is so that we can check and contact you when we receive the item.

3. All items must be returned in their original condition and packaging, with any related accessories that were included.(Do not write any information on the items/ item box.)

A. For electronics that can store personal information, please make sure to reset the item back to its factory settings and remove all personal information e.g. account information, passwords, messages, call history etc.

B.Pack the item carefully so that it will not be damaged during the shipping process. We suggest using a box and bubble wrap.

Items that are returned damaged or altered in any way will not be accepted.

4. Please return the item within 7 working days after you have received RMA authorization.

5. Please inform us of the tracking number or the customs form as soon as you have shipped the item(s) back to us. This will enable us to track the progress of the package's return.

Please kindly follow these steps so we can solve the problem for you as soon as possible.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Ellia

Gearbest customer service

gearbest.com/

62f021a0bd2bc64ab432fdd1d36bc3bd.pdf

• nasir.offers@gmail.com At12/11/2017 10:05:27Hello.

i have now posted the item back to you next day special delivery so you should receive it tomorrow. the tracking number is BH636633451GB and company is royal mail. it cost me £7.25 to deliver and packaging cost me 50p. please refund me this to my paypal also when you recieve the parcel tomorrow
    15130083272943.pdf

• nasir.offers@gmail.com At12/12/2017 04:24:39Hello,

what are you doing. i am very angry. you refused to accept my parcel that i delivered with my own money and now it has been returned to me.

now i will be complaining and getting my money back.

i am very angry now and i will tell Hot Uk Deals website admins

• Gearbest Customer Support At12/12/2017 04:56:44

Dear Nasir,

Thank you for contacting us about your RMA.

Can you please let me know the following?

-the date you returned the package

-shipping method you use to return the product and its tracking number and tracking site or post receipt.

If you don't know the website, we suggest that you could contact with your post office find it.

In addition, we could only track it only you provide it.

We could help you handle only we get it.

So please recontact us when you got the tracking number and tracking site only.

Here is clear for you.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Best Regards

Ellia

Gearbest Customer Service

gearbest.com/

• nasir.offers@gmail.com At12/12/2017 05:20:41Ellia, you are now being very silly!

i know exactly what you are doing. i gave you all the details before in the previous message but you are ignoring it and wasting time.

this is the website to track :royalmail.com/tra…tem
    this is the tracking number: BH636633451GB

i returned the package 11th December 2017. if you bother to look you can see this on the tracking website and it even gives the time it was posted too.

you have now refused my return because you dont want to pay me and this is very bad service.

check the receipt i attached in previous message too,

• Gearbest Customer Support At12/13/2017 02:31:09

Dear Nasir,

Thank you very much for your recent message.

As for your concern, I would like to explain everything for you.

We will contact you as soon as we receive the package.

We will kindly wait for your further news.

Thank you so much for your continued patience and kind understanding.

Best Regards

Ellia

Gearbest Customer Service

gearbest.com/

Above is the latest situation with gearbest support on their website since they told me to return the item. as you can see i am very frustrated and they are being very evasive and playing dumb.

if Alice doesnt respond then i will be starting the chargeback process with my bank - anyone know what proof i will need to support my claim?

I know they also answer on Facebook messenger so might be worth a try. Do they have a Facebook page that you can post on their wall or tag them in?
Original Poster
yes i have been trying on facebook messenger too but keep getting the overly polite but unhelpful response ie wasting time
HI Nasir123,

No worry. let me look into this for you based on your order number WW1711110947138258
I would be helpful to help you at this issue

Gearbest Store Rep. Alice
You can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com
Fingers crossed Nasir123 you get a better result
I can confirm this matter is finally well-solved.
For any further assistance, please feel free to contact me : Alice@gearbest.com

Gearbest Store Rep.Alice
Edited by: "Gearbest1" 15th Dec 2017
Fantastic news
Nasir123 happy with the result?
Original Poster
thanks alice

hi @richje100 yes im happy alice stepped in and sorted the problem for me. i got refunded for the phone and the attempted delivery back to their uk warehouse.

however now i am left with the phone and not sure how to return it back to them. they did provide me with an updated address to send it back to as the original address was slightly different. however another member on here posted with nearly exactly the same issue and he also returned it back to the updated address provided by gearbest and again got it returned back to him as they refused delivery.

so alice @Gearbest1 can you help me on what to do in returning it back to you please.

thanks
Nasir12315th Dec

thanks alicehi @richje100 yes im happy alice stepped in and sorted the …thanks alicehi @richje100 yes im happy alice stepped in and sorted the problem for me. i got refunded for the phone and the attempted delivery back to their uk warehouse.however now i am left with the phone and not sure how to return it back to them. they did provide me with an updated address to send it back to as the original address was slightly different. however another member on here posted with nearly exactly the same issue and he also returned it back to the updated address provided by gearbest and again got it returned back to him as they refused delivery.so alice @Gearbest1 can you help me on what to do in returning it back to you please.thanks

My pleasure

Ps: I can confirm the updated return address is the correct one
Original Poster
hello @Gearbest1 i have now sent the parcel back to the correct return address you have provided. Please do not reject as it is costing me money thank you.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants