GearBest package

Found 10th Jan
Hey, I bought a Xiaomi laser projector and parted with the best part of £1400 via PayPal, it was marked as shipped on the 22nd of December

I used the priority shipping lane option, which gave me a DPD UK tracking number, this only gives me the information, 'We've received your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly'

I'm guessing tracking only begins when it is in the UK, if it ever gets to the UK...

GearBest haven't been any help so far and DPD, understandably, say they can't help until they receive it in the UK.

Anyone had similar timescale issues from the UK?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
You are brave spending £1400 with gearbest! Tracking will be available when it arrives in the UK. I can sit there a little while for them to sort out the customs charges and get it cleared if they check it
21 Comments
try dpd.fr I tend to order from germany can track from very beginning until it arrives in UK

PS> once it arrives could you update on how is the projector? I'm very interested in that one, all reviews seem very positive
mattsk24 m ago

try dpd.fr I tend to order from germany can track from very beginning …try dpd.fr I tend to order from germany can track from very beginning until it arrives in UKPS> once it arrives could you update on how is the projector? I'm very interested in that one, all reviews seem very positive

Unfortunately I got the same response, that it isn't with DPD yet.

Yeah sure can, I can't wait for it to arrive. I've already painted the wall up in projection friendly paint
I had the same for my Redmi 4 Note phone. Nothing to worry about. Once DPD gets it, they will, deliver it next day.
I spent 3 weeks looking at DPD and no update. Weird system as you get a DPD tracking the next day
after placing Gearbest order. I got excited the phone was in UK but sadly was still in China and took just over
3 weeks to get to me.

Your timing is really bad and first the christmas/new year delay and then There is a big chinese holiday as well
coming.
You are brave spending £1400 with gearbest! Tracking will be available when it arrives in the UK. I can sit there a little while for them to sort out the customs charges and get it cleared if they check it
shabbird2 h, 51 m ago

I had the same for my Redmi 4 Note phone. Nothing to worry about. Once DPD …I had the same for my Redmi 4 Note phone. Nothing to worry about. Once DPD gets it, they will, deliver it next day. I spent 3 weeks looking at DPD and no update. Weird system as you get a DPD tracking the next day after placing Gearbest order. I got excited the phone was in UK but sadly was still in China and took just over 3 weeks to get to me. Your timing is really bad and first the christmas/new year delay and then There is a big chinese holiday as wellcoming.

This settles me...
You spent how much with them????. I can feel a complaint post coming with my crystal ball(excited) . Get ready @Gearbest1
It's not a good time of year to order, some of my more recent stuff took 4 weeks to be handed over then came within a day, I'd wait it out at least 2 more weeks. Big gamble to spend that much with Gearbest though, especially with basically no warranty...
dcx_badass46 m ago

It's not a good time of year to order, some of my more recent stuff took 4 …It's not a good time of year to order, some of my more recent stuff took 4 weeks to be handed over then came within a day, I'd wait it out at least 2 more weeks. Big gamble to spend that much with Gearbest though, especially with basically no warranty...

PRAISE BE TO PAYPAL!!

But that's reassuring, I know someone in America that got his today, he ordered after me, guess there's more planes going there
UPDATE

I received this this morning when I chased the package...

We would like to inform you that your package needs to be cleared from your local customs. The shipping company has been unable to contact you with further information. Now the package is in your local customs.
Could you please contact the local customs about your parcel as soon as possible?
If you do not contact the customs in time, the parcel will be destroyed. We also kindly suggest that you contact the local post office as soon as possible for their assistance in this matter.

This is a lie, DPD have not received the parcel, and ideas?
collo19899 m ago

UPDATEI received this this morning when I chased the package...We would …UPDATEI received this this morning when I chased the package...We would like to inform you that your package needs to be cleared from your local customs. The shipping company has been unable to contact you with further information. Now the package is in your local customs.Could you please contact the local customs about your parcel as soon as possible? If you do not contact the customs in time, the parcel will be destroyed. We also kindly suggest that you contact the local post office as soon as possible for their assistance in this matter.This is a lie, DPD have not received the parcel, and ideas?

Its their issue to sort out not yours. It's their job to get it to you, you don't need to mess around contacting anyone. They do.

Did you pay PayPal? Start a claim.

Scumbags
benjammin3164 h, 22 m ago

Its their issue to sort out not yours. It's their job to get it to you, …Its their issue to sort out not yours. It's their job to get it to you, you don't need to mess around contacting anyone. They do.Did you pay PayPal? Start a claim.Scumbags

Started, gutted tbh
collo19895 h, 26 m ago

UPDATEI received this this morning when I chased the package...We would …UPDATEI received this this morning when I chased the package...We would like to inform you that your package needs to be cleared from your local customs. The shipping company has been unable to contact you with further information. Now the package is in your local customs.Could you please contact the local customs about your parcel as soon as possible? If you do not contact the customs in time, the parcel will be destroyed. We also kindly suggest that you contact the local post office as soon as possible for their assistance in this matter.This is a lie, DPD have not received the parcel, and ideas?

What part are you saying is a lie?
collo19897 h, 1 m ago

If it is with customs, DPD will not have received the parcel yet. It may well be the truth. There may be a letter from customs on it's way to you in the post asking for payment. If you get a refund via paypal, then either the seller has to pay to have the item returned or they let customs destroy the item.
Edited by: "scowie" 16th Jan
scowie1 h, 32 m ago

If it is with customs, DPD will not have received the parcel yet. It may …If it is with customs, DPD will not have received the parcel yet. It may well be the truth. There may be a letter from customs on it's way to you in the post asking for payment. If you get a refund via paypal, then either the seller has to pay to have the item returned or they let customs destroy the item.

Then how does anyone contact customs?

Import tax I've paid in the past was always charged by the carrier when in the UK. Those occasions were always DHL and always in Coventry
SOUTHWALES4 h, 59 m ago

What part are you saying is a lie?

It's not with customs, DPD confirmed they deal with customs clearance and try believe it is still in Hong Kong
collo198912 m ago

It's not with customs, DPD confirmed they deal with customs clearance and …It's not with customs, DPD confirmed they deal with customs clearance and try believe it is still in Hong Kong

DHL is a courier company, they are not going to deal with any issue that may arise with customs, if customs don't release the parcel to DHL they are not going to argue with them in your behalf. As far as DHL is concerned if they don't get the parcel then there is nothing to deliver.
SOUTHWALES1 h, 41 m ago

DHL is a courier company, they are not going to deal with any issue that …DHL is a courier company, they are not going to deal with any issue that may arise with customs, if customs don't release the parcel to DHL they are not going to argue with them in your behalf. As far as DHL is concerned if they don't get the parcel then there is nothing to deliver.

DHL and DPD are different companies...

DPD confirmed to me that they sort the customs stuff including taking payments.
Happened before, I have no reason to believe this is different??

Anyone care to clarify?
collo198916th Jan

DHL and DPD are different companies...DPD confirmed to me that they sort …DHL and DPD are different companies...DPD confirmed to me that they sort the customs stuff including taking payments.Happened before, I have no reason to believe this is different??Anyone care to clarify?

Hi, did you get this resolved?
+1
SOUTHWALES7 h, 45 m ago

Hi, did you get this resolved?

Appears everyone that ordered from America got theirs from DHL.
All that ordered from the UK are still without, my tracking says nothing, others says it's been through Prague and back to Hong Kong
collo198936 m ago

Appears everyone that ordered from America got theirs from DHL.All that …Appears everyone that ordered from America got theirs from DHL.All that ordered from the UK are still without, my tracking says nothing, others says it's been through Prague and back to Hong Kong

Looks like your not the only one, this is another members tracking who had there item sent back to Hong Kong.

33123696-ETYRM.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants