GearBest package not received and lost money + phone

Posted 4th Feb
Hi guys, I ordered a phone from GearBest Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 on the day 20/11/2019 (Shippment Number:
SU15746679123959) 164 Euros.
During the shipping time i receive a message that the order had been LOST. I contacted gearbest and just said to expect a response from the carrier. After a month waiting for a response, I get a response from gearbest that offers only 72 Euros.
Now I don't even know if I should trust gearbest again.
Anyone had a situation similar to this one?
How is it possible lose a mobile phone?
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad

Groups

17 Comments
Sounds familiar... What payment method?
Similar issue happened to someone here but different supplier, hope this thread helps. Link
read the bad reviews on trustpilot

sounds very similar to your situation
Try to chargeback with payment carrier. Dispute if with PayPal, Section 75 if Credit Card or phone bank if Debit card.
Hey @Paulo_Santos5R0 Did you pay for shipping insurance?
How much would you potentially save buying from Gearbest? Then when you factor in any warranty issues and after sales issues, is it worth the gamble?
To get back to your present predicament, I wish you well but don't hold out much hope for you. What's happened to you is so commonplace nowadays.
What I find odd is that this site still allows 'deals' from Gearbest despite the constant complaints and poor reviews, but refuses other deals from other sites (with better reviews) because their reviews are 'not good enough '.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 4th Feb
'How is it possible lose a mobile phone?'

Seriously?
Always pay by credit card if buying from china sites, incase of problems like this you are covered
iv ordered dozens of times from Gearbest, eGlobal, and Banggood.
Never had a problem except for a couple of long delays, but i always pay by credit card incase
Sandy101205/02/2020 09:47

Always pay by credit card if buying from china sites, incase of problems …Always pay by credit card if buying from china sites, incase of problems like this you are coverediv ordered dozens of times from Gearbest, eGlobal, and Banggood.Never had a problem except for a couple of long delays, but i always pay by credit card incase

I didn't think protection covered you for foreign purchases, much like I don't think it covers you if you pay through a third party (paypal). I may have out of date information or misunderstand the rules.
Edit. Covers purchases from foreign websites, but probably not if you paid by PayPal or via a third party.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 5th Feb
Dan_8204/02/2020 16:20

Hey @Paulo_Santos5R0 Did you pay for shipping insurance?

Why do you need to pay for shipping insurance. Are the rules different for a uk buyer from abroad?
Over here I choose the cheapest option and it is not my problem if the seller doesn't insure it (thankfully not really had an issue with a damaged / missing item).
smashed05/02/2020 12:25

Why do you need to pay for shipping insurance. Are the rules different for …Why do you need to pay for shipping insurance. Are the rules different for a uk buyer from abroad?Over here I choose the cheapest option and it is not my problem if the seller doesn't insure it (thankfully not really had an issue with a damaged / missing item).

Depends on seller/retailer abroad, some give the option of ticking / adding on insurance during checkout stage. (Some cases asks you to untick if you don't want it)

Trying to find out as much info as possible from OP
Edited by: "Dan_82" 5th Feb
Dan_8205/02/2020 12:31

Depends on seller/retailer abroad, most give the option of ticking / …Depends on seller/retailer abroad, most give the option of ticking / adding on insurance during checkout stage.Trying to find out as much info as possible from OP

Well I guess if you ticked the box then you should be covered and have no issues.
However AFAIK you are effectively covered under our law until it arrives.

Again AFAIK, when I was in Sydney the power was with the seller. Liability passes to the courier as soon as you ship and the buyer needs to claim back from the courier.
Ringfinger05/02/2020 12:19

I didn't think protection covered you for foreign purchases, much like I …I didn't think protection covered you for foreign purchases, much like I don't think it covers you if you pay through a third party (paypal). I may have out of date information or misunderstand the rules.Edit. Covers purchases from foreign websites, but probably not if you paid by PayPal or via a third party.

Is this true? I've just ordered something from a German site via Paypal (linked to my CC) - are you saying that I'm not covered if it gets lost? Can someone clarify please?
bobdylan05/02/2020 16:53

Is this true? I've just ordered something from a German site via Paypal …Is this true? I've just ordered something from a German site via Paypal (linked to my CC) - are you saying that I'm not covered if it gets lost? Can someone clarify please?

39842647.jpgMoney supermarket

Better explanation Here
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 5th Feb
Ringfinger05/02/2020 16:57

[Image] Money supermarketBetter explanation Here

So I am protected, just by PayPal themselves 😁
bobdylan05/02/2020 18:00

So I am protected, just by PayPal themselves 😁

Yes, sorry I didn't make that clear.
Post a comment
@
    Text