gearbest package not received but they don't want to refund

Found 19th Feb
I have bought a phone from GearBest but unfortunately never received it and they don't want to give me money back The website GearBest was recommend to me by my friend who was doing shopping there very often, after my experience he stopped. My order has been placed in December, after one month they have contacted with me with information about delay delivery because of xmas time. Unfortunately my parcel never arrived. After contacting with GearBest they said I can get 50 % refund or can pay another 50 % and they will send me another phone. I didn't get any extra insurance so they can't gave me full refund, but to be honest I haven't even seen that I can get something like that. Anyone have had similar problem with them ? what can I do to get my money back ?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
If you paid by PayPal open a case.
If you used a debit card do a chargeback.
If you used a credit card just speak to your credit card issuer for the protection from section 75.
Quite shocking that this absolute shower of a company is still allowed to appear on HUKD and rip its users off on a regular basis.
RossD8911 m ago

Quite shocking that this absolute shower of a company is still allowed to …Quite shocking that this absolute shower of a company is still allowed to appear on HUKD and rip its users off on a regular basis.

referrals. referrals. referrals. ££££££££££££££££££££££££££

32 Comments
How did you pay?
If you paid with paypal. Open a case.
@Gearbest1 is the local rep on this site.
If you paid by PayPal open a case.
If you used a debit card do a chargeback.
If you used a credit card just speak to your credit card issuer for the protection from section 75.
Quite shocking that this absolute shower of a company is still allowed to appear on HUKD and rip its users off on a regular basis.
RossD8911 m ago

Quite shocking that this absolute shower of a company is still allowed to …Quite shocking that this absolute shower of a company is still allowed to appear on HUKD and rip its users off on a regular basis.

referrals. referrals. referrals. ££££££££££££££££££££££££££

hearts221 h, 31 m ago

If you paid by PayPal open a case. If you used a debit card do a …If you paid by PayPal open a case. If you used a debit card do a chargeback.If you used a credit card just speak to your credit card issuer for the protection from section 75.

This.

For future reference use Alipexpress instead, their payment protection is great.

Don't let this experience put you off from buying from China, just let it put you off from using gearbest.
Original Poster
hearts223 h, 29 m ago

If you paid by PayPal open a case. If you used a debit card do a …If you paid by PayPal open a case. If you used a debit card do a chargeback.If you used a credit card just speak to your credit card issuer for the protection from section 75.

I did open the case on paypal and they closed my case. They said that gearbest provided prove of delivery, but there was no delivery ;/
Original Poster
windym19th Feb

How did you pay?

I used paypal, but they close my case because apparently Gearbest provided prove of delivery...
@Gearbest1 can you please look into this for the OP.
beata.kycia1 h, 4 m ago

I used paypal, but they close my case because apparently Gearbest provided …I used paypal, but they close my case because apparently Gearbest provided prove of delivery...

Wait for the Gearbest rep to respond and fingers crossed she will get you a full refund or a free replacement send out.

If she can't help on this occasion you will need to phone Paypal and remind them that in the UK proof of delivery is not proof that goods have been received by the customer.
Legally you are entitled to a full refund, however the issue when dealing with non UK sellers is enforcing that.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 19th Feb
Out of interest, what does it say when you track it?.
Original Poster
ScubaDudes16 m ago

Out of interest, what does it say when you track it?.

trucking number is invalid..
Gearbest send me an email with royal mail contact number, I have called them and they said that number shouldn't been given to me because is not customer service line also they said they are receiving lots of calls regarding missing parcels from gearbest on that perticul number. The ladies on the phone was really nice and she checked my trucking number and confirmed that is it invalid.
Original Poster
SUMMONER51 m ago

Wait for the Gearbest rep to respond and fingers crossed she will get you …Wait for the Gearbest rep to respond and fingers crossed she will get you a full refund or a free replacement send out.If she can't help on this occasion you will need to phone Paypal and remind them that in the UK proof of delivery is not proof that goods have been received by the customer.Legally you are entitled to a full refund, however the issue when dealing with non UK sellers is enforcing that.

thank you so much, it it lots of money for me to loose...I have paid £335
beata.kycia10 m ago

Not that this helps you now but personally I would not have bought a high price item from them. Most I've spent is about 130 on a phone and even then I was worried it wouldn't turn up.

I've bought lots of stuff from Banggood and Gearbest but it's always been sub 10 quid, bar the phone.

Hopefully op, the gearbest rep will sort it for you.
beata.kycia1 h, 8 m ago

Yes that's a ridiculous amount of money to lose.

Did you escalate the claim?

I've sent the gearbest hukd person a message linking to this thread, might hurry things up a bit.

Also post on their Facebook, twitter etc if you are able to.

Please keep the thread updated.
That Gearbest geezer called Alice should be along soon.
dataload5 h, 45 m ago

This.For future reference use Alipexpress instead, their payment …This.For future reference use Alipexpress instead, their payment protection is great.Don't let this experience put you off from buying from China, just let it put you off from using gearbest.

For the majority of £100+ single-item foreign or domestic purchases the most enforceable protection for UK-based customers is via S75 credit card payment, purely because if necessary the merchant's delivery, waranty and other obligations can ultimately be enforced in the buyer's local court regardless of the merchant's location. I doubt it would be practical for a UK-based buyer to mess with foreign courts.
beata.kycia2 h, 32 m ago

You gave up 335 Quid to a China Seller and more to the point you didn't want to pay the extra couple of quid for Insurance ????, Unbelievable.
zirk48 m ago

You gave up 335 Quid to a China Seller and more to the point you didn't …You gave up 335 Quid to a China Seller and more to the point you didn't want to pay the extra couple of quid for Insurance ????, Unbelievable.

Yeah crazy. You might as well put the money on a one legged horse! Talk about asking for it.

i hope you get this resolved op, but i have to agree with the above poster of taking too much risk with an unreliable company located in china.

you need to get written confirmation from royal mail or written proof, like a screen sho, that the tracking number is invalid and send it to gearbest and paypal
Edited by: "mutley1" 19th Feb
Original Poster
zirk1 h, 9 m ago

You gave up 335 Quid to a China Seller and more to the point you didn't …You gave up 335 Quid to a China Seller and more to the point you didn't want to pay the extra couple of quid for Insurance ????, Unbelievable.

unfortunatley, havent seen that I can buy some extra insurance....my bed
You could still try a chargeback if you paid via your debit card in PayPal (if funds were taken from your debit card).

What proof of delivery have they supplied? Does the tracking show delivered? Because that is the only valid one according to PayPal.

You can appeal the decision and supply proof that the tracking number is invalid.
Edited by: "hearts22" 19th Feb
Was the tracking number they gave PayPal even yours?
Have YOU checked the tracking number. Paypal will only rule in favour of the seller if the tracking is valid and shows the item is delivered. What is the tracking?
windym3 h, 16 m ago

Have YOU checked the tracking number. Paypal will only rule in favour of …Have YOU checked the tracking number. Paypal will only rule in favour of the seller if the tracking is valid and shows the item is delivered. What is the tracking?

Apparently Paypal ruled in favour of Gearbest because they were able to prove delivery with an invalid tracking number.
How can gearbest wash their hands of any responsibility once it leaves the warehouse. Shoddy company to say the least.

Trouble is those on here that don't have an issue such as faulty, not received, no customs charges fiercely defend and promote them.
Has @Gearbest1 been in touch?
ScubaDudes21 h, 10 m ago

How can gearbest wash their hands of any responsibility once it leaves the …How can gearbest wash their hands of any responsibility once it leaves the warehouse. Shoddy company to say the least.Trouble is those on here that don't have an issue such as faulty, not received, no customs charges fiercely defend and promote them.

Yes, it's pretty bad customer service to think that their responsibilities end once they ship the item.

If they sell to European markets they should be forced to act according to European laws IMO.
hearts2221st Feb

Yes, it's pretty bad customer service to think that their responsibilities …Yes, it's pretty bad customer service to think that their responsibilities end once they ship the item.If they sell to European markets they should be forced to act according to European laws IMO.

Surprised they're still allowed on here, seen merchants not allowed or banned that are safer than Gearbest. I've never really had a problem other than a faulty item that they wouldn't refund/replace and the manufacturer didn't want to know as they're not an authorised dealer.

Problems are fairly rare I guess but when they do happen you're on your own.

As for under valuing on shipping labels, maybe that's why they can't recover the loss from the courier.
Hi beata.kycia,

My apologise for the lateness to reply as i just came back from the Chinese New Year Holiday

Could you please kindly send me your order number for re-checking ?

Hopefully, i can help you at this issue.

Gearbest Store Rep.Alice
You can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com
Original Poster
Gearbest122 h, 18 m ago

Hi beata.kycia,My apologise for the lateness to reply as i just came back …Hi beata.kycia,My apologise for the lateness to reply as i just came back from the Chinese New Year Holiday Could you please kindly send me your order number for re-checking ? Hopefully, i can help you at this issue.Gearbest Store Rep.AliceYou can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com

Hi Alice, I hope you had a good time and happy new year to you !
  • Invoice ID: WP1712070905293765
  • GBEXPSP tracking # JV045080131GB
Original Poster
33326650-oK4cN.jpg
beata.kycia1 h, 54 m ago

Hi Alice, I hope you had a good time and happy new year to you ! Invoice …Hi Alice, I hope you had a good time and happy new year to you ! Invoice ID: WP1712070905293765GBEXPSP tracking # JV045080131GB

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions