GearBest : package not received but they don't want to refund

Found 16th Jan
I previously ordered from a site called Aliexpress.com which has proven to be reliable.
So, I thought GearBest would be similar but that doesn't appear to be the case. I ordered a phone on GearBest for 400 euros on the 10th November 2018). Order was placed on 10 November 2018 and supposedly shipped before 14 Dec but has so far not arrived. The delivery address is in France. The tracking info shows that it has reach France in the 4th Dec. We are 16th January 2019, and I still didn’t receive the article.

The tracking info shows: in the 4th of December, the product entered in France but, till now, it is still not received by the services of shipping in France. I called the shipping company here in France, then they told me to contact the supplier to unfreeze the product shipping. Actually, they told me that the product is in France, but the shipping service didn't receive the product.

I contacted Gearbest, all what they are asking me is to wait. They asked me to give them 12 days, I did so. After that they asked me to wait 7 days and I did so. So now I requested they refund me, they told me to wait till the 18th of January (because the article was send the 19th November), and they will try to resend me the article a second time (I did pay the shipping guarantee). The problem is that I am not trusting them anymore, so I don’t want to wait two more months to get nothing again! And I understand from theirs messages that they will resend it again and they will not refund me!!

I paid using my card, so I can't ask PayPal to refund.

It seems to me that I am not the only one that has had this issue with this company.
Beware and avoid Gearbest at all costs, it's a complete roll of the dice on your order.

That's the last time I'll try GearBest. What a waste of time!
Run Gearbest. It is not a serious buyer !

3164986.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Gearbest16 h, 22 m ago

Hi dorga,Could you please kindly PM me your order number for re-checking …Hi dorga,Could you please kindly PM me your order number for re-checking ?HUKD Gearbest Store Rep. AliceYou can also contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com

As has been asked previously, why do people have to go through all this trouble in an attempt to just get decent customer service? You have made over 300 posts on here and every one is exactly the same generic, copy and paste message. Anyone who buys from you is foolish and the sooner Gearbest are banned from HUKD the better.
I got to

'I ordered a phone on GearBest for 400 euros'.

TL;DR
24 Comments
I’m so sorry you having so much trouble with Gearbest they only option I could suggest is a credit charge back as you didn’t receive the item I don’t know how or if that works in France.

I personally would only ever buy small value items direct from China like that, for me it quite a high risk purchase from any of these Far East sellers like Gearbest, Alliexpress and so on. It’s may not be received, it maybe not as described or faulty

I always use PayPal as I feel they offer sellers good protection.

I am slightly confused why if you are based in France and buying from China you have ended up on a UK deals website.

Did you find the deal through HUKD’s
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 16th Jan
ccnp34 m ago

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/index_en.htm

But I buy it from china and in the web site they mention: "When buying goods and services anywhere in the EU you have the same consumer rights concerning..."
Quite a common occurrence from Gearbest if all the posts on here are anything to go by.
myusernamehasgone23426 m ago

I’m so sorry you having so much trouble with Gearbest they only option I c …I’m so sorry you having so much trouble with Gearbest they only option I could suggest is a credit charge back as you didn’t receive the item

I hope they will accept to charge my credit card back! For now I will wait till the 18th Jan

myusernamehasgone23426 m ago

I am slightly confused why if you are based in France and buying from …I am slightly confused why if you are based in France and buying from China you have ended up on a UK deals website.

I just wanted to post it here so I can have answer since there is so much people in the world who speak English
I got to

'I ordered a phone on GearBest for 400 euros'.

TL;DR
dorga2 h, 5 m ago

I hope they will accept to charge my credit card back! For now I will wait …I hope they will accept to charge my credit card back! For now I will wait till the 18th JanI just wanted to post it here so I can have answer since there is so much people in the world who speak English

Contact your card provider now, don’t wait for GearBest.
Ask the provider for advice and what your option are and how long are they available to you.
Sometimes these places ask you to wait and wait, so that chargeback timescales expire.
Stop buying from them, should be banned from here. So many people losing money. They must pay well to still be allowed
benjammin3161 h, 3 m ago

Stop buying from them, should be banned from here. So many people losing …Stop buying from them, should be banned from here. So many people losing money. They must pay well to still be allowed

HUKD - low on integrity, getting high on retailer kickbacks.
benjammin3161 h, 28 m ago

Stop buying from them, should be banned from here. So many people losing …Stop buying from them, should be banned from here. So many people losing money. They must pay well to still be allowed

OP only joined HUKD to post a rant. If OP paid the merchant directly by UK credit card there will be no "lost money": the UK credit card co is jointly and severally liable, 'tis UK law regardless of merchant location. No need for doom and gloom drama.
AndyRoyd40 m ago

OP only joined HUKD to post a rant. If OP paid the merchant directly by UK …OP only joined HUKD to post a rant. If OP paid the merchant directly by UK credit card there will be no "lost money": the UK credit card co is jointly and severally liable, 'tis UK law regardless of merchant location. No need for doom and gloom drama.

Not everyone has a credit card.
benjammin3161 h, 4 m ago

Not everyone has a credit card.

spends 400 euros on the internet and not have a credit card or didn’t use PayPal would be madness.
eslick8 m ago

spends 400 euros on the internet and not have a credit card or didn’t use P …spends 400 euros on the internet and not have a credit card or didn’t use PayPal would be madness.

Definitely.
Hi dorga,

Could you please kindly PM me your order number for re-checking ?

HUKD Gearbest Store Rep. Alice
You can also contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com
@Gearbest1

Hi Alice,
I sent you an email to your address mail
Thank you for your help
Gearbest16 h, 22 m ago

Hi dorga,Could you please kindly PM me your order number for re-checking …Hi dorga,Could you please kindly PM me your order number for re-checking ?HUKD Gearbest Store Rep. AliceYou can also contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com

As has been asked previously, why do people have to go through all this trouble in an attempt to just get decent customer service? You have made over 300 posts on here and every one is exactly the same generic, copy and paste message. Anyone who buys from you is foolish and the sooner Gearbest are banned from HUKD the better.
If you are going to buy from one of these companies, you need to go into it with precaution, always use either PayPal, or credit card, never use debit card, expect no customer service, expect no communication, expect no warranty, but the prices are low for a reason.

I won't stop posting from gearbest if I think it's a good deal, but all I can say is know all the cons before your purchase.

I state these in most of my Chinese postings, so I'm just stating it here as well.

I hope you get it sorted @dorga
I've always used paypal to pay Gearbest but never had an issue with receiving anything. It's always turned up (even if late in some instances). The one time I bought something which was faulty, they refunded me straight away. I bought my pocophone from them back in October for £260. Took a while for it to get through but it eventually got here a little before Christmas.

The fact you've validated that your package is in France is surely a good sign in that Gearbest have done their bit of sending it. There are always delays in international postage and customs. If they resend (which is what the tracking insurance covers) then you may even end up with two.
Contact your card provider and let them know the incident ASAP. Do it within 180 days since the order date. All d best.
rufnek2kx7 h, 7 m ago

The fact you've validated that your package is in France is surely a good …The fact you've validated that your package is in France is surely a good sign in that Gearbest have done their bit of sending it.

No, that's not how it works. Gearbest's job is complete when you receive the goods in good working order. How a warranty works with this outfit is beyond my knowledge as I would only ever purchase anything from them that is a throw away item if it stopped working.
deeky22 h, 8 m ago

As has been asked previously, why do people have to go through all this …As has been asked previously, why do people have to go through all this trouble in an attempt to just get decent customer service? You have made over 300 posts on here and every one is exactly the same generic, copy and paste message. Anyone who buys from you is foolish and the sooner Gearbest are banned from HUKD the better.

Alice, who the tuck is Alice?
davewave7 h, 6 m ago

Alice, who the tuck is Alice?

Resides in wonderland...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions