GEARBEST: parcel not received but they don't want to refund

Found 11th Jun
I ordered a phone on GearBest for $209.99 on 18 March 2018. After waiting for over two months, I have been informed that the phone has been lost.
GearBest says I can pay another $100 something to get a new phone, or that they will only refund half of the money I paid.
It seems many other customers have had the same problem. It's outrageous!
Beware and avoid Gearbest! Their customer service replies quickly but are not helpful at all... It seems it's a matter of luck whether you receive your order.
How can I demand a total refund??
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Did you pay with PayPal? If so claim through them!
Hi IGL,

Could you please kindly send me your order number for re-checking ?

Hopefully, i am able to help you

Gearbest Store Rep. Alice
You can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com
I did actually! Hope they can help.
Thanks!
IGL55 m ago

I did actually! Hope they can help.Thanks!

They did the same thing to me. Because I didn't pay for postage insurance they would offer me a new item at half the cost or give me credit for half the cost.

This was a pair of £3 headphones...

I ordered an Android box and headphones within days of each other. If I was trying to pull the wool over their eyes I would've claimed the more expensive item didn't arrive.

After a few back and forths I went to PayPal. Got my money back without hassle.

If you paid via PayPal, I would go straight to them and not bother with the user from gearbest above. As there's a chance you'll be wasting your time, while PayPal is a guarantee.
Son had trouble with gearbest, like others have said if paid via PayPal put a claim in.
50p, £1, £5 or even £9.99 yea, but why would part with around $200 and not pay for Insurance.
Judging by the posting, a lot depends on the detail of what site you bought from (UK or foreign), the currency you paid in (GBP) and the Ts&Cs you agreed to.

If its a UK transaction (priced and for in GBP on a UK Consumer site or site targetting UK consumers), then its theoretically fairly simple. If its foreign, then you could be in trouble.
Reported this to mods. Why they still allow deals from this site is beyond me.
thenormalone14 m ago

Reported this to mods. Why they still allow deals from this site is beyond …Reported this to mods. Why they still allow deals from this site is beyond me.

Reported the OP for asking for some advice?
karlypants2 h, 2 m ago

Or perhaps he's reported gearbest for sticking to their own terms and conditions, which they prompt you to read before ordering:

"For a smooth delivery and peace of mind, we strongly recommend that customers purchase shipping insurance during the checkout.In the event that your package has a shipping issue, Gearbest will send you a replacement package free of charge. If the item is no longer in stock, we will offer you a refund option.

Any orders that do not have shipping insurance will not be the responsibility of GearBest and the customer takes full liability for their package during the shipping process."

That's not UK standards of customer service of course, but gearbest aren't a UK store. If you're buying from abroad to cut out the costs UK shops have to bear then you shouldn't complain about not getting what those costs pay for.

It's been suggested that non-EU store deals do get an auto-generated paragraph on the deal warning users about the reduced rights, which sounds like a good idea, but I don't see the argument for getting rid of them.
zirk9 h, 15 m ago

50p, £1, £5 or even £9.99 yea, but why would part with around $200 and not …50p, £1, £5 or even £9.99 yea, but why would part with around $200 and not pay for Insurance.

If you pay by Paypal it doesn't matter and insurance isn't necessary at all.

OP, you have 6 months from purchase date to open a claim with Paypal. You only have one chance to open the claim so do not close it.

Open the claim and escalate it when you can. The seller will be asked to provide proof of delivery (online trackable method), if they cannot provide that you will get a full refund.
Edited by: "windym" 11th Jun
I am glad to confirm this issue is finally well-solved. say, get a refund in full

For further assistance, please feel free to contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com

Gearbest Store Rep. Alice
Gearbest13 h, 19 m ago

I am glad to confirm this issue is finally well-solved. say, get a refund …I am glad to confirm this issue is finally well-solved. say, get a refund in fullFor further assistance, please feel free to contact me here : Alice@gearbest.comGearbest Store Rep. Alice

Why is it that people constantly have to moan on hukd to get a reasonable level of customer service from you?
karlypants17 h, 22 m ago

report gearbest, you cant add an ebay seller or amazon seller even if they are fulfilled by Amazon and at no risk but these guys look to be paying to advertise on here and get away with whatever they like. Sadly there are to many adverts, and I am not talking affiliate link payments, adverts where only posts by mods or those connected to the site post deals for companies you have never heard of and they get amazing heat while all around them are good deals but take longer to get on the main page. A recent question on the feedback part of the forum was closed when asked about this specifically. if I am wrong I will take it all back but no one would give a straight answer.
Gearbest15 h, 4 m ago

I am glad to confirm this issue is finally well-solved. say, get a refund …I am glad to confirm this issue is finally well-solved. say, get a refund in fullFor further assistance, please feel free to contact me here : Alice@gearbest.comGearbest Store Rep. Alice

Why don't you let the OP confirm this instead of taking it upon yourself to claim the issue has been resolved?
Thank you all for your tips and support.
I contacted Alice, Alice@gearbest.com , and in a few hours I already had the full refund in my PayPal account.
I don't really know why they make it so hard through their standard customer service, and so quick through this other route. But if anyone has a similar problem, do contact Alice. I got a reply in just a few minutes!
I realise now that I should have paid for the insurance. However, reading carefully GearBest customer policy it's not so clear what exactly does the insurance cover, the wording is quite vague.
Thanks to all!
chocci5 h, 49 m ago

Why is it that people constantly have to moan on hukd to get a reasonable …Why is it that people constantly have to moan on hukd to get a reasonable level of customer service from you?

Because it will hurt Gearbest in the long run.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants