Groups

Gearbest postage to Uk

Purchasing a phone from gearbest £150.... Is it the unregistered air mail the one to chose to th uk ? there will be one that taxes have to be paid . advice would be appreciated.. thanks

16 Comments

Good luck with that. I'm still waiting for an item ordered on 3rd December. Paid a bit more for registered air mail and still not arrived. I will not be using them again, they are only a dropshipper with poor service

You can only hope to minimise the possibility of a package not being pulled for import fees. Can't recall all the shipping options Gearbest offer. Previous posters suggest "British Express" didn't attract fees, but certainly UPS / DHL / other big-name couriers tend to respect import fees onligations.

Fozzy1957

Good luck with that. I'm still waiting for an item ordered on 3rd … Good luck with that. I'm still waiting for an item ordered on 3rd December. Paid a bit more for registered air mail and still not arrived. I will not be using them again, they are only a dropshipper with poor service

It'll be slower with the Christmas period. It can take anywhere between 2-6 weeks from my experience.
    Edited by: "rev6" 2nd Jan

I GOT A PHONE 6 MONTHS AGO AND THEY SAID NO CUSTOMS CHARGE BUT WHEN ARRIVED I HAD TO PAY£25 CHARGE AND THAT WAS ONLY BECAUSE THEY MARKED ITEMS IN BAG AS ONLY BEING WORTH £75 AND NOT THE PHONE WHICH WAS £260 SO GOOD LUCK

i opened a case with my bank after 28 days, was told be here in 10
    what people don't know is that that site is a front for many factory's in china
    and they only send when the item is deemed in stock.
    i did in fact get the item 39 days later, but already got money back from bank

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

You can only hope to minimise the possibility of a package not being … You can only hope to minimise the possibility of a package not being pulled for import fees. Can't recall all the shipping options Gearbest offer. Previous posters suggest "British Express" didn't attract fees, but certainly UPS / DHL / other big-name couriers tend to respect import fees onligations.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/kiltylyn/8th%20feb/th_postage.jpg

go for free shipping, last 2 or 3 items I've had off them have taken between 8-15 days,
    as others have said it can take up to 5-6 weeks, I have never wanted longer than 4. I've had 15+ tablets/phones/android boxes from them.
    if you want it really quick look elsewhere but the amount I've saved its worth it.
    I've never paid customs.

Original Poster

Fozzy1957

Good luck with that. I'm still waiting for an item ordered on 3rd … Good luck with that. I'm still waiting for an item ordered on 3rd December. Paid a bit more for registered air mail and still not arrived. I will not be using them again, they are only a dropshipper with poor service

Dont know why im buying again ... First ordered this phone 3 rd November ... No phone came .... numerous emails sent , eventually refunded other day . Now ive reordered with an apology and £15.00 discount code...Will be paying via credit card as did first purchase . Had to send them ,copy of driving licence , utility bill and copy of credit card so they could see my name ( i deleted the card number ) . Such an awful experience for my meant to be Christmas present.. Here I am again , its still the cheapest online for the model im after...or else I would buy elsewhere ..

Funny to see all these bad reviews. I'm a drone/ quadcopter guy who builds his own and I've placed around 150 orders with these guys. Never paid imports duty or anything like that. Had a few turn up later than expected but apart from that been smooth sailing

In my view people buying off this firm get what they deserve. I hope you do pay duty.

Original Poster

alcurtis93

Funny to see all these bad reviews. I'm a drone/ quadcopter guy who … Funny to see all these bad reviews. I'm a drone/ quadcopter guy who builds his own and I've placed around 150 orders with these guys. Never paid imports duty or anything like that. Had a few turn up later than expected but apart from that been smooth sailing

agree ive read a lot of good also..

Don't buy from Gearbest unless it is less than a tenner, the GUARANTEE IS WORTHLESS!
    I bought a fanless i3 computer for what I thought was a great price but when the motherboard failed after a month they wanted more to repair it than it cost. £110 down the drain. Thanks you robbing barstewards!!!

Why can't we like comments here!!?? Plus who's the *God* to say what the *best answer* is?
    Christ hukdeals is going down the pan too with all it's BS and edited referral inks oO
    PS Happy 2017 to all the honest folks around

justanotherpunter

Don't buy from Gearbest unless it is less than a tenner, the GUARANTEE IS … Don't buy from Gearbest unless it is less than a tenner, the GUARANTEE IS WORTHLESS!I bought a fanless i3 computer for what I thought was a great price but when the motherboard failed after a month they wanted more to repair it than it cost. £110 down the drain. Thanks you robbing barstewards!!!

£110? Presumably you paid with a credit card to gain the possibility of Section 75 protection?

lyngeorge

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiltylyn/media/8th%20feb/postage.jpg.html

Not much of a choice, but the expedited shipping option is probably the most likely to be pulled.

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

Not much of a choice, but the expedited shipping option is probably the … Not much of a choice, but the expedited shipping option is probably the most likely to be pulled.

yes i agree
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. House buyer survey?22
      2. Car MOT33
      3. best place for fishing tackle?33
      4. Xiaomi redmi note 4 global version.12

See more discussions