Gearbest say they posted my phone but it has not arrived after 2 months and they won't refund the total cost

Found 22nd Feb
Ordered a phone in december and it still hasnt arrived - contacted gearbest and they just kept fobbing me off. So I have opened a case with PayPal and gearbest say they are only going to give me half the money !

For all I know they could have sent me an empty box as I have not received it.

Royal mails tracking says "The system is currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference xxxxxxxxxxxx Please try again later." and has said that for over a month

Anyone been in this situation before got any advice?
Community Updates
AskPhones
Top comments
Their commission rate is one of the best at up to 12% there’s no way they are going to give that up even if their rules are “U.K. based or international with good standing in the community”

its laughable they should be banned!!
More people screwed over by gearbest. Ban them
Sometimes in these cases it's best to speak to PayPal over the phone, if there is a sudden increase in claims against the seller then a human could do more in regards to a refund than just the system will notice.

People will continue to be conned as long as this site continues to take back handers. Why even promote the Chinese trading day "singles day", that was when the alarm bells were ringing for me.
45 Comments
Sometimes in these cases it's best to speak to PayPal over the phone, if there is a sudden increase in claims against the seller then a human could do more in regards to a refund than just the system will notice.

People will continue to be conned as long as this site continues to take back handers. Why even promote the Chinese trading day "singles day", that was when the alarm bells were ringing for me.
Surely I would only need insurance if it arrived damaged - but it is their responsibity to make sure it arrives tracked and signed for ! I have ordered another phone for a friend also 2 weeks later and that one is in the same situation so I am at the end of my tether with gearbest now. How can they be so bad at delivery ????

Seems like I am out of pocket big time now @Gearbest1 - how can Gearbests delivery be so bad ?
k500zm3 m ago

Surely I would only need insurance if it arrived damaged - but it is …Surely I would only need insurance if it arrived damaged - but it is their responsibity to make sure it arrives tracked and signed for ! I have ordered another phone for a friend also 2 weeks later and that one is in the same situation so I am at the end of my tether with gearbest now. How can they be so bad at delivery ????Seems like I am out of pocket big time now @Gearbest1 - how can Gearbests delivery be so bad ?

No that is EU law that responsibility for delivery is with the seller
Richard funnily enough I had a bit of a problem with paypal the other week and had to get on the phone to them about it so I might well have to do that - How Can Gearbest send me 2 phones and they dont turn up and Royal mail cannot track it. It is just unbeliveable !!
I think it was about November I started posting almost daily warnings about these Chinese sellers , on most of their posted deals - to much derision by many (incentivised ? ) members . Do you remember seeing any of those warnings ?

I still maintain you should do your research and take an educated view on the level of risk you are prepared to accept . Do not buy just because of the seemingly "Cheap " price.

Cue all the incentivised members to come on and tell us of the hundreds of faultless orders they have received from these Chinese sites . Its HUKD - what some members will do to mislead fellow members for a few bob from a Chinese website
Edited by: "rogparki" 22nd Feb
About time they got banned. There must be some reward for HotUKDeals to carry on allowing them.
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 22nd Feb
Well I just got off the phone to Paypal and spoke to a very nice rep who took the other phones details that didnt show also and told me as it was two phones missing from different orders she would personally take care of it and that she would escalte the matter and that I would not lose a penny What a nice lady !!!!!
benjammin3164 m ago

Sadly the only way I see them getting banned is when they stop paying the commission
Their commission rate is one of the best at up to 12% there’s no way they are going to give that up even if their rules are “U.K. based or international with good standing in the community”

its laughable they should be banned!!
Seen so many deals for this site, but whenever I get tempted I remember stories like this. The cons far outweigh the pros for me. Save a few quid but you never really know what's going on with your item.
I genuine never had a problem with them . Ordered a robot vacuum and arrived with no issues
I've ordered loads from them especially android boxes I've never encountered any problems.
mattsk41 m ago

I genuine never had a problem with them . Ordered a robot vacuum and …I genuine never had a problem with them . Ordered a robot vacuum and arrived with no issues

richje1002 m ago

I've ordered loads from them especially android boxes I've never …I've ordered loads from them especially android boxes I've never encountered any problems.

Be glad that you haven’t, because if you ever do they are an awful company to deal with.
Dannyrobbo23 m ago

Be glad that you haven’t, because if you ever do they are an awful c …Be glad that you haven’t, because if you ever do they are an awful company to deal with.

The only problem I had was one of the boxes died after about 6mths, contacted them and they offered a partial refund or if I covered the postage they would send me a new box. I can't complain about that, think it cost me about £8 ?? Touch wood I would never need to contact them again and get the same service as others but I'm not put off from buying again.
Dannyrobbo50 m ago

Be glad that you haven’t, because if you ever do they are an awful c …Be glad that you haven’t, because if you ever do they are an awful company to deal with.

As I foretold several hours ago , members incentivised by these Chinese websites come on here to sing the praises of these websites . If you are a member of this site you should assist fellow members , not join in the deception of less savvy members for a fairly small incentive - Pieces of silver come to mind
rogparki22nd Feb

As I foretold several hours ago , members incentivised by these Chinese …As I foretold several hours ago , members incentivised by these Chinese websites come on here to sing the praises of these websites . If you are a member of this site you should assist fellow members , not join in the deception of less savvy members for a fairly small incentive - Pieces of silver come to mind

why do you make a dumb assumptions? you have no proof that users are or which users are incentivised
I presume gearbest are banned here now like gameseek?
mattsk6 h, 22 m ago

why do you make a dumb assumptions? you have no proof that users are or …why do you make a dumb assumptions? you have no proof that users are or which users are incentivised

This has been found to be true on a number of occasions and people have been banned for incentivised posting!
Dannyrobbo41 m ago

This has been found to be true on a number of occasions and people have …This has been found to be true on a number of occasions and people have been banned for incentivised posting!

Right....
When you get a number of people buying from here on gearbest and compare it to number of people that are paid by them , then we can talk
You literally have no evidence whatsoever this is a common occurrence
mattsk12 m ago

Right....When you get a number of people buying from here on gearbest and …Right....When you get a number of people buying from here on gearbest and compare it to number of people that are paid by them , then we can talk You literally have no evidence whatsoever this is a common occurrence

I said this was a common Occurrence when? I just said it has happened. There was a time recently when members of this site received emails With incentives to post deals. Feel free to pretend it doesn’t happen though
Dannyrobbo3 h, 17 m ago

This has been found to be true on a number of occasions

do I need to highlight this?
mattsk2 h, 29 m ago

do I need to highlight this?

From a number of occasions to a common occurrence, hell of a word spin. You are not really worth mine or anybody else’s time on this site you are only here to try to get an argument out of people. We can only hope your next suspension will be permanent.
Dannyrobbo16 m ago

From a number of occasions to a common occurrence, hell of a word spin. …From a number of occasions to a common occurrence, hell of a word spin. You are not really worth mine or anybody else’s time on this site you are only here to try to get an argument out of people. We can only hope your next suspension will be permanent.

You don't give specifics so I'm allowed to interpret this as ever I wish.
ScubaDudes22nd Feb

Happened to this member too …Happened to this member too :(https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/gearbest-package-not-received-but-they-dont-want-to-refund-2896627#comment-33301782@Gearbest1

OK. let me check it one by one

Thanks for your kind reminding
Hi k500zm,

Could you please kindly send me your order number for checking ?
Hopefully, i am able to help you at this issue

Gearbest Store Rep.Alice
You can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com
I am exactly in the same situation ! have ordered my phone at the begging of December, unfortunately parcel never arrived !
Tracking number is invalid and they wanted to give me half price refund
Alicja @Gearbest1 is trying to help us ! Hopefully we will get money back...
Edited by: "beata.kycia" 26th Feb
Beata - yes indeed - I have sent Alice @ gearbest my order numbers as it is not just one but two seperate phone orders that have not arrived !
I have heard nothing back from her in 2 days not even a reply to say she has got my mail.
I have been told that need to wait 2 working days for reply. lets see what is going to happen. Hopfully we will get full refund
I have now been offered a full refund for one of the phones IF yes IF I shutdown my Paypal claim !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and we all know what happens if you shut your Paypal claim dont we - It can never be re-opened and then If the company dont pay you as they say they would before they asked you to shutdown the claim you are royaly screwed !!!!!!!!
Gearbest124th Feb

Hi k500zm,Could you please kindly send me your order number for checking …Hi k500zm,Could you please kindly send me your order number for checking ?Hopefully, i am able to help you at this issueGearbest Store Rep.AliceYou can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com

k500zm15 m ago

I have now been offered a full refund for one of the phones IF yes IF I …I have now been offered a full refund for one of the phones IF yes IF I shutdown my Paypal claim !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and we all know what happens if you shut your Paypal claim dont we - It can never be re-opened and then If the company dont pay you as they say they would before they asked you to shutdown the claim you are royaly screwed !!!!!!!!

Keep your PayPal claim open and steer clear of this cowboy company in future.

@Gearbest1 do you have any explanation as to why you have such terrible after sales customer service? It's a bit of a joke that people have to air their concerns on a website with no ties to Gearbest before anybody will bother to listen.
Edited by: "RossD89" 28th Feb
k500zm28th Feb

I have now been offered a full refund for one of the phones IF yes IF I …I have now been offered a full refund for one of the phones IF yes IF I shutdown my Paypal claim !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and we all know what happens if you shut your Paypal claim dont we - It can never be re-opened and then If the company dont pay you as they say they would before they asked you to shutdown the claim you are royaly screwed !!!!!!!!

I have been offered half price so nothing changed....this is unbelievable....
Beata that is totally out of order ! @Gearbest1 I thought you were going to be looking into beata.kycia 's case ?
k500zm2 h, 57 m ago

Beata that is totally out of order ! @Gearbest1 I thought you were going …Beata that is totally out of order ! @Gearbest1 I thought you were going to be looking into beata.kycia 's case ?

They have send it to me £60 refund offer on paypal and asked me to close the case as well to refund half of the money.
So what did you do with your case on paypal ?
Call PayPal and explain what is happening 08003587911 - when the robot asks you questions after giving your details just say the word " Agent " and you will be put through to an agent who will help you - PayPal are our guardian angel in these situations.
oki I will do it like you said...
did you finally get your refund ?
Not yet - you have to wait for PayPal to end this horrific buisiness
k500zm3rd Mar

Not yet - you have to wait for PayPal to end this horrific buisiness

any updates??
This is pretty poor I honestly can’t believe that this company can be advertised on here when they will try to get you to close a paypal claim.

the mods here just sweep this sort of thing under the carpet but they swarm you if post a “why was my deal deleted” thread. Turn a blind eye guys and take your affiliate dollars.

On a serious note im shocked not one of them have bothered to wade in on this thread and others like it, best of luck and do NOT close that PayPal claim until you have that full refund in your account.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants