Gearbest Scam

Found 24th Aug 2015
I bought a mobile from this Gearbest. They said they will send it from their UK warehouse. After 1 month of waiting and a dispute on Paypal, they refused to refund me. They said they will only give me %30 of my money. Please be careful and don't buy from these thieves. There are many complaint against them. They are asking people to photocopy their credit cards and passports. They sell faulty items. In cases like mine they don't even send items and they offer to refund %20/30. They also install spyware on their mobiles that is hard to remove even if you are an IT expert. Be careful and avoid them
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
So what is your question?
How can I get my money back from them!
casaa

How can I get my money back from them!

For what? How long did they tell you delivery would take?

Take it further with paypal.
If you paid for an item & didn't receive it, then it is in their buyer protection program to get your money back!!
They said they were sending it from their UK warehouse so a matter of 4 days.. But it has been weeks.. they said they sent it when I expressed my anger they apologized and said they manufacturer didn't send enough to cover all demand. When I asked for a refund they said They will only five me %30. It is a theft
My instinct tells me there is more to this that OP is saying

Gearbest generally well respected here ?

OP newly registered today .....

why did they refuse to refund? what have Paypal said ?

Gearbest hater or have Gearbest gone downhill?

EliTom
Amis1975, I did open a dispute in Paypal. I am still waiting because these scammers haven't even responded yet to Paypal. I think they want me to accept %30 and close the case.
If they don't respond within a set amount of time PayPal will find in your favour anyway.
Just be careful guys, never send them copies of your credit/ debit cards or passports. Also, don't do do private things on their mobiles..etc. I am just reading a review about them on here. I wish I knew about it before I placed my order with them
hotukdeals.com/tag…946
Would help if you showed us what you ordered.
if anyone is stupid enough to send copies of thier passports and cards to an online retalier, theyre asking to get mugged off.
casaa

Amis1975, I did open a dispute in Paypal. I am still waiting because … Amis1975, I did open a dispute in Paypal. I am still waiting because these scammers haven't even responded yet to Paypal. I think they want me to accept %30 and close the case.

Yes, they are probably hoping you will accept & case closed, but as hairyboxxox stated, if Gearbest dont respond to the case with evidence, Paypal will refund you in full anyway!
Edited by: "amis1975" 24th Aug 2015
casaa

Just be careful guys, never send them copies of your credit/ debit cards … Just be careful guys, never send them copies of your credit/ debit cards or passports. Also, don't do do private things on their mobiles..etc. I am just reading a review about them on here. I wish I knew about it before I placed my order with themhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/ask/anyone-purchased-from-gearbest-2238946

That page doesn't exactly say a lot. Mixture of good and bad, just as you'd get with any retailer.
They asked me for photocopies of those things but that was because I tried to buy it on a company credit card that wasn't in my name. I was quite impressed that they bothered.

When I verified my identity and that the card was legit they rushed the order from the euro warehouse, even though I ordered it from the Chinese one.

I've ordered a lot from them and I've never been charged customs on anything sent via basic post. Upgrade and you'll get charged. Go for the slow option and there're no charges.
are you sure they haven't said they will refund 30% AND still send the device??
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants