Groups

Geek talk - so they use Ammonia on the space station

Banned
    ...to move the heat from inside the station to the radiators on the outside. Anyone fancy trying this out on a computer setup?

5 Comments

It's commonplace already, I think. If my understanding holds true, ammonia + some other fun things are the magic that makes heatpipes work.

What do regular heatpipes used? According to wiki they already use ammonia...

The vast majority of heat pipes for low temperature applications use … The vast majority of heat pipes for low temperature applications use some combination of ]ammonia (213–373 K), ]alcohol (]methanol (283–403 K) or ]ethanol (273–403 K)) or ]water (303–473 K) as working fluid.

Edit - as dxx says, beat me to the punch!

Original Poster Banned

cool cool, thought they were just copper heat pipes in computers though?

lumoruk;6104135

cool cool, thought they were just copper heat pipes in computers though?

Nup, they're hollow with these gases + magic inside. Try tapping one, you'll hear and feel that it's far too light to be solid copper.

Just a warning to those who consider it, dont go pishing in your water cooler reservoir its not the same thing! :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1958
      2. word association Game73944530
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767358
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424414492

See more discussions