Groups

geeks ???

do you think a lot of geeks use hotukdeals.com ??

just that i post a deal and some 1 types "this was posted 3 weeks ago"

like seriously im trying to help people out have a good deal and i get this comment ?

and also people expiring it

got to be geeks surely ?

42 Comments

It's good to try and help people... dont let it put you off x x

I dont think being a geek is a bad thing lol

I am a geek :oops:

Jk, Seriously the reason people do it cos it clears the 1st page of deals but for someone like me who only occasionally visits there its good as I tend to catch them second time around

being a guy with bad memory, i dont remember deals posted last week, nvm 3 weeks.
    I think savvy is the word.
    Apparently the best money savers pay more attention than other people, so i guess we shouldn't be surprised by this.

Banned

I'd say they're not geeks if they just say it has been posted before. Maybe it's a little bit sad they know it's been posted before though..

You'll find alot of people on HUKD are like yourself, trying to find good deals as good prices. But like everywhere, there is a bunch of people who cry to the mods and those are the people that infuriate me.

I wouldn't take too much notice, don't take it personally.

Some people forget that others don't spend a good portion of their days/weeks on here.

Like that guy(no names) who always peeps up in ppl's threads saying "posted xxxxxxxx" - I've been so tempted just to say **** off to him.

most people search if it has been posted b4 ...... if i see a deal then i always check ..... as you don't want 4 of the same deal on the pages

and also people expiring it

They should've spammed it, not expired. So not very meticulous geeks.

thesaint;5076452

They should've spammed it, not expired. So not very meticulous geeks.

lol @ unmeticulous geeks

What is a geek? I've heard that word, but I don't really know what it means.

Original Poster

robtallica;5076441

Some people forget that others don't spend a good portion of their … Some people forget that others don't spend a good portion of their days/weeks on here.Like that guy(no names) who always peeps up in ppl's threads saying "posted xxxxxxxx" - I've been so tempted just to say **** off to him.

omg exactly how i feel

windhoek;5076477

What is a geek? I've heard that word, but I don't really know what it … What is a geek? I've heard that word, but I don't really know what it means.

I always thought it meant like a nerd. Not a nice word really. But kinda.. educated and with knowledge about a certain area.

robtallica;5076441

Some people forget that others don't spend a good portion of their … Some people forget that others don't spend a good portion of their days/weeks on here.Like that guy(no names) who always peeps up in ppl's threads saying "posted xxxxxxxx" - I've been so tempted just to say **** off to him.

That's what I said but in a nice way

Its one of the reasons I never post deals but if everyone thought that way this site would be nothing so take it on the chin OP and remember - you have a life :thumbsup:

ClarityofMind;5076490

I always thought it meant like a nerd. Not a nice word really. But … I always thought it meant like a nerd. Not a nice word really. But kinda.. educated and with knowledge about a certain area.

Like a doctor or car mechanic?

windhoek;5076511

Like a doctor or car mechanic?

Like someone who constantly keeps their nose in a computer or maths problems or science related things, I think?

I'll look it up....

The word geek is a slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc."

Like Einstein???

'Geeks' are good, do you mean 'nerds'?:whistling:

The thing with duplicates is that they are just that, so there are various reasons why it's a good thing to have something posted just the one time a month. For further discussion on that topic, check out threads in Feedback.

*Geek signing off with a Ciao*
    not quite signing off -
    just seen geek v nerd discussion above.
    Hahaha!!

COM has wiki's first bit . It then goes on to more definitions ;
    A person who is interested in technology, especially computing and new media. Geeks are adept with computers, and use the term hacker in a positive way, though not all are hackers themselves.
    A person who relates academic subjects to the real world outside of academic studies; for example, using multivariate calculus to determine how they should correctly optimize the dimensions of a pan to bake a cake.
    A person who has chosen concentration rather than conformity; one who passionately pursues skill (especially technical skill) and imagination, not mainstream social acceptance.
    A person with a devotion to something in a way that places him or her outside the mainstream. This could be due to the intensity, depth, or subject of their interest. This definition is very broad but because many of these interests have mainstream endorsement and acceptance, the inclusion of some genres as "geeky" is heavily debated. Persons have been labeled as or chosen to identify as physics geeks, mathematics geeks, engineering geeks, sci-fi geeks, computer geeks, various science geeks, movie and film geeks (cinephile), comic book geeks, theatre geeks, history geeks, music geeks, art geeks, philosophy geeks, literature geeks, historical reenactment geeks and roleplay geeks.
    A more recent school of thought sees Nerd as being a derogatory phrase, whilst Geek is simply a description. It is taken to be someone who is an enthusiast, often in things outside of the mainstream spectrum, of note is that in this definition, there is no reference to being socially inept in the slightest.

Actually, just in case someone though I was being serious, I am not a geek.

I'll research too.

Wikipedia say

The word geek is a slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc."[1] Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs.

I think the term you were looking for is teachers (mod's) pet, or if I could put it into a phrase, people with no lives, lol.

I better go before I become a troll and hijack this thread - sorry op

mod

The HUKD rules are (in a nutshell) a deal can be reposted if the previous post is more than 1 month old.

If a duplicate deal is posted within that month long period then it should be spammed rather than expired

If, you spot a posted good deal that is, say for example 3 weeks old; rather than repost it (as it will be correctly spammed) the best thing to do is leave a comment; so it will bump up to the top of the "discussed" section. Better still, add some heat if it's wavering in the mid 80's so it will make the hot pages.

I think calling people "Geeks" for pointing out that a deal has already been posted wihin the 1 month period is a tad harsh; although as the Saint points out, they are not "very meticulous geeks", if they then expire it.

But, at least trying to ensure that the website is run according to the rules does not make someone a geek.

i wouldn't say geek was the right term, I'm a geek. I think the term you were maybe looking for as has already been mentioned was perhaps modabee.

Geeks rule!!!!!!!

andywedge;5076580

But, at least trying to ensure that the website is run according to the … But, at least trying to ensure that the website is run according to the rules does not make someone a geek.

Except for you Andy, as I have just established ^ that it is a term denoting enthusiasm, knowledge and no ref to social ineptitude :-D :whistling:

mod

chesso;5076616

Except for you Andy, as I have just established ^ that it is a term … Except for you Andy, as I have just established ^ that it is a term denoting enthusiasm, knowledge and no ref to social ineptitude :-D :whistling:

Not exactly sure what you are trying to say there chesso

andywedge;5076635

Not exactly sure what you are trying to say there chesso

It was a compliment. :roll:
    You're a good guy trying to ensure that the site is being run according to the rules.:thumbsup:

The more I try to explain the geek thing the more ludicrous it will all sound, so I won't try.

chesso;5076690

It was a compliment. :roll:You're a good guy trying to ensure that the … It was a compliment. :roll:You're a good guy trying to ensure that the site is being run according to the rules.:thumbsup:The more I try to explain the geek thing the more ludicrous it will all sound, so I won't try.

ooohh I can I can

Geeks can be cool and sexy.. desirable in a very schoolish way

In this way being a geek isnt a bad thing lol

ClarityofMind;5076705

ooohh I can I can :)Geeks can be cool and sexy.. desirable in a very … ooohh I can I can :)Geeks can be cool and sexy.. desirable in a very schoolish way :)In this way being a geek isnt a bad thing lol

:giggle: Don't want Andy to think that we're just treating him as a sex object though - Keanu Reeves in Matrix!!:)

chesso;5076767

:giggle: Don't want Andy to think that we're just treating him as a sex … :giggle: Don't want Andy to think that we're just treating him as a sex object though - Keanu Reeves in Matrix!!:)

ooohh Andy isn't a geek he has a lovely family

http://outsidetheboxuk.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/the-inbetweeners-will.jpg

ClarityofMind;5076783

ooohh Andy isn't a geek he has a lovely family

Geeks have lovely families - it's one of the main attributes of being a geek!!

I'm not at all sure that I should have let you do the explaining!!:w00t:

chesso;5076817

Geeks have lovely families - it's one of the main attributes of being a … Geeks have lovely families - it's one of the main attributes of being a geek!!I'm not at all sure that I should have let you do the explaining!!:w00t:

lol! I'm sorry x x x

ClarityofMind;5076853

lol! I'm sorry x x x

:roll:
    Tomorrow I will test you on the similarities and differences between a 'geek' and a 'nerd' and expect you to have a working knowledge of a 'swot' as well!!:whistling:
    :-D

chesso;5076878

:roll:Tomorrow I will test you on the similarities and differences … :roll:Tomorrow I will test you on the similarities and differences between a 'geek' and a 'nerd' and expect you to have a working knowledge of a 'swot' as well!!:whistling::-D

utoh. Now I'm in trouble lol

ClarityofMind;5076895

utoh. Now I'm in trouble lol

:giggle:
    xx

anyone who has bothered to have a custom avatar on here is a geek tc, plain and simple as much as these solar flares might deny it LOL

otaku and proud >_

Banned

jack_burt0n;5077134

anyone who has bothered to have a custom avatar on here is a geek tc, … anyone who has bothered to have a custom avatar on here is a geek tc, plain and simple as much as these solar flares might deny it LOL otaku and proud >_

Banned

anyway OP why label them?

im sure theyve got a very fine label for your type too....*whistling*

maybe they should have another tab 'PREVIOUS DEALS' or something like that

with deals that are four weeks old. it'll save ya from all the 'greeks and geeks'

im glad when a post get repeated as i sometimes miss it first time around
    keep it up and ignore those who must never leave this site and complain that
    its a second or third post,( besides i think they are the first ones to the jelly babies cos its very limited and goes within half hour, so to get them you must be on here all the time ) lol
    at least you are posting stuff

tinkerbellsteve;5077209

im glad when a post get repeated as i sometimes miss it first time … im glad when a post get repeated as i sometimes miss it first time aroundkeep it up and ignore those who must never leave this site and complain thatits a second or third post,( besides i think they are the first ones to the jelly babies cos its very limited and goes within half hour, so to get them you must be on here all the time ) lolat least you are posting stuff

Those are the rules of the site so they shouldn't be ignored otherwise the deal is going to get spammed/removed anyway and just wastes more people's time.

John

lol-worthy thread
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Kodi Add-ons?55
      2. Battery drain on iOS 1155
      3. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?11
      4. breakfree holiday passwords67

See more discussions