Expired

General accident car insurance

Found 2nd Nov 2013
Anyone has experience of General Accident car insurance?

I have done a comparison quote and they have come out as £163 in comparison to our Aviva quote of £239.

I am inclined to leave Aviva and go to General Accident but wonder how good they are.
Community Updates
11 Comments
Otto.uk

UK: Aviva reaches new motor market with launch of General Accident

i know. i said this to aviva to get them to reduce the price and they said that it is an online insurer with aviva being the underwriter so the policy benefits and customer service won't be as good hence the reflection in price.

a lot of hoolabaloo me thinks.
I have only been with general accident 5 months now and they are useless! avoid! i had a parking ding and the person admitted it his insurers (churchill) offered to fix and provide a hire car, general accident wouldn't insure me on the hire car, left me carless, stuck at a enterprise rent-a-car 10 miles from home and workless for over a week!(using my vehicle is key i work all over the country) secondly a deer ran into the side of my jeep this weekend i was in the middle of nowhere a totalled car with no signal and no matter who i called they couldn't get a claims line for general accident so i had to walk over a mile down the road to the next town and thankfully found a helpful pub which calmed me down and allowed me to use their iPad to log onto my account all so i could get their phone number and get my vehicle recovered, after 3 hours they had finally decided to call a recovery vehicle and get me recovered, they don't seem to care what situation you are in or how much you payed for your insurance (in the £1000s in my case) it is the biggest mistake i made was changing to general accident.
sorry to hear about your experience with GA. we have not had to make a claim with them so have not yet had any problem but you seem to have had a lot of hassle. we have only contacted them by email to clarify NCD transfer on our policy from Aviva to GA and they have been very prompt to reply.

you can not call them for policy queries, only email query, but there is a help line for claims which we have not yet had to call. i assume that you called this helpline?

some insurance policies insure the driver not the car so you are insured on whatever car you drive. hire and replacement cars come with their own insurance though?
I know this is an old post but wanted to add something so that others will be warned.
GA are part of Aviva - their customer service is terrible. You only have a phone line for the first couple of weeks of the policy. After that you can only email them - they reply that they will get back to you in 24 hours but I found all their replies to be totally inadequate and never answered the question. If you renew they do not count it as a new policy and therefore you will not even get to use that phone number if there is a problem. Case of BRAND NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY

They renewed my policy where I asked for protect NCD - they sent me a schedule after I had paid saying no protected NCD and I am now in a S**t fight with them. Of course if I cancel they will charge me a cancellation fee despite the change in terms being at their instigation and not notified to me until after I paid the money. Still cannot get them to tell me why they are not covering my NCD

They added a windscreen claim as a full claim

Someone made a claim on my insurance and they never notified me - despite repeated requests for information they still have not done so. Raised this as a complaint - still have not heard anything

I cannot get anyone in the company to speak to me unless you ring the claims line - they then tell you that they cannot handle these queries and you have to email - no one rings you back

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY - THEY ARE RUBBISH - GREAT AT TAKING YOUR MONEY - I SUSPECT LOTS OF UNTRAINED STAFF USING A SCRIPT BUT UNABLE TO ACTUALLY DEAL WITH YOU IN A COMMON SENSE WAY
i was with aviva for a couple of years than they hiked up the renewal now with LV for half the price
palmerspepsi

i was with aviva for a couple of years than they hiked up the renewal now … i was with aviva for a couple of years than they hiked up the renewal now with LV for half the price

Have you had any claims experience with lv? They any good?
ok im having alot of trouble with this company too they are completely usless and when im trying to change my number plate to a private plate they dont have a customer help line i have emailed them but no such luck and when i called the claim line they gave me a help line for aviva and then aviva said they couldnt do anything so im stumped with a private plate that i cant put on my car, you would of thought that something so simple can be handled in a matter of minutes.not happy with this company and will never use them ever again!!!
iccledude

ok im having alot of trouble with this company too they are completely … ok im having alot of trouble with this company too they are completely usless and when im trying to change my number plate to a private plate they dont have a customer help line i have emailed them but no such luck and when i called the claim line they gave me a help line for aviva and then aviva said they couldnt do anything so im stumped with a private plate that i cant put on my car, you would of thought that something so simple can be handled in a matter of minutes.not happy with this company and will never use them ever again!!!

sounds too complicated for them. worrying that they don't seem to have a very good customer service contact. I don't mind doing it online without calling, in fact I prefer this any way, but not getting replies to emails is worrying. may not renew with them when renewal comes around.
General accident are absolutely awful. AVOID AS AN INSURER.

My named driver was crashed into and they other party took full responsibility (luckily). However it's almost been six months now and general accident are now suggesting my licence has a claim made against it as they have still yet to provide or source the excess! Every time I ring it's excuse after excuse and now it's affecting my future insurance.

Pathetic excuse of a company.

0 *
After trying to reach them for a few months by phone and email with no success, they renewed my policy without even contacting me first!
Right now I will contact Citizens Advice, I can't believe they can do this in a legal manner.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants