General election next month?

Banned
Few rumours going around, and a couple of friends who work in the 'meeja' have been told not to go too far this weekend.

5 Comments

Banned

thanks for letting us know but whats your concern?

Original Poster Banned

casparwhite;7956402

thanks for letting us know but whats your concern?

Concern?

Just seeing if people had heard anything and what they thought about it - crazy thing to put on a discussion board I know but I'm a maverick like John McCain like that.

it'll still probably be 6 may (the latest date it can be)- an early election would be no good for either party, with the tories likely to get a negative majority.

hmmmm with labour clawing back the tories lead in the polls maybe they want to seize on this and get the election out of they way before something else could derail their apparent comeback(budget). another thought could be the labour party simply can't afford an expensive long drawn out election campaign.

ants97;7957441

hmmmm with labour clawing back the tories lead in the polls maybe they … hmmmm with labour clawing back the tories lead in the polls maybe they want to seize on this and get the election out of they way before something else could derail their apparent comeback(budget). another thought could be the labour party simply can't afford an expensive long drawn out election campaign.

Or Labour are expecting good news on the economy front in the next month...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
    2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
    4. What would be HELL to you?2634
    5. Tesco vouchers?11

See more discussions