Groups

General Moan - my TV has broke!

Sat watching tv with my daughter this morning and then the screen when green and red with a double picture then a few minutes ater just went off and wont go back on. Its a 5 year olf 47inch rear projection so probably time to upgrade but did it have to happen when we are skint?!?!

11 Comments

blooming typical isnt it, Things always happen at the worst possible time ever.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VQZJ2Y9ZL._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

It happens in threes. So watch out for your DVD to grind to a halt and DTB to burst into flames. I hope they don't btw.

suggestion for you, join your local freecycle group people are giving away CRT telly's all the time.

danrus, that site is fab!! I gave away my three piece suit on there, it was only 18mths old but i fancied leather. The woman who i gave it too couldnt believe her luck. Ohh i love to make people happy!

Original Poster

Luckily my dad has one I can borrow for the kids to watch till I can afford a new, incidently I have just put the broke one on freecycle i cant be bothered to take it tip hopefully someone can come and get it!

Banned

I just got a 21" CRT for £6.50 off ebay for my room, 6 months old and last year a 32" widescreen CRT for £40 just not economical to buy a flat screen yet :P

The guy with the 21" had just bought a 50" plasma, he was living in what looked like a council flat where he got the money from I do not know. It was like that guy steve? from hollyoaks.

i got a 42" plasma last year as i know someone who installs all the plasmas in pubs when they do them up, they throw perfectly good ones away. only thing i had to buy was the original remote, needless to say i am always asking for another

Original Poster

Yes I had it fixed nearly 2 years ago, that £100 odd pound can go towards a new one now I think, its so much hassle aswell cause they are so bloody heavy!

Banned

lumoruk;2967083

I just got a 21" CRT for £6.50 off ebay for my room, 6 months old and … I just got a 21" CRT for £6.50 off ebay for my room, 6 months old and last year a 32" widescreen CRT for £40 just not economical to buy a flat screen yet :PThe guy with the 21" had just bought a 50" plasma, he was living in what looked like a council flat where he got the money from I do not know. It was like that guy steve? from hollyoaks.

Maybe from a job? Not everyone who lives in a council flat is on the dole you know? And not everyone who lives in what looks like a council flat, rents either!

Banned

colinsunderland;2969643

Maybe from a job? Not everyone who lives in a council flat is on the dole … Maybe from a job? Not everyone who lives in a council flat is on the dole you know? And not everyone who lives in what looks like a council flat, rents either!

Yeah noticed that two guys at my work live in council flats :x but i've got dignity so bought a house with my girlfriend ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4211873
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…24104
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764653
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals31411

See more discussions