Expired

Generally when do new mobile phone models get released? Is it September?

9 replies
Found 16th Jul 2009
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a month when there is a flood of new mobiles on the market?

My contract runs out mid August and I was wondering whether to go PAYG for a month or two, which I will do if I know there is going to be a load of new phones on the market.

I would be very thankful if anyone can pass on some helpful knowledge.
Cheers

9 Comments

Yeah the new phones normally come out in September. Can you not just continue past your contract for a month or two then cancel then?

Spriggan;5766595

Can you not just continue past your contract for a month or two then … Can you not just continue past your contract for a month or two then cancel then?

Yeah continue your contract, then you might get a good retentions deal on one of the new phones :thumbsup:

The longer your out of contract the better the deal you'll get.

Original Poster

I didn’t realize you could do that I thought you would have to take a new contract to continue on with them.
I’m with 3 at the mo, and I’ve had terrible customer service from them so don’t want to be stuck with them any longer than I need to be.

I might ask If I can stay on for a month though, then see whats out in September.

I got my eye on the HTC Touch 3G with Orange for £27mth on 12mth contract, hopefully the price will come down on this when new models come out.

Also If I start a new 12mth contract at the end of September each time it runs out will be when the new phones are coming out, so that will be handy.

You wont have to ask to stay on for another month, you will be on it until you cancel it. The contract term is just the minimum you have to stay on it.

Hagga27;5766716

I didn’t realize you could do that I thought you would have to take a new … I didn’t realize you could do that I thought you would have to take a new contract to continue on with them.I’m with 3 at the mo, and I’ve had terrible customer service from them so don’t want to be stuck with them any longer than I need to be.I might ask If I can stay on for a month though, then see whats out in September.I got my eye on the HTC Touch 3G with Orange for £27mth on 12mth contract, hopefully the price will come down on this when new models come out.Also If I start a new 12mth contract at the end of September each time it runs out will be when the new phones are coming out, so that will be handy.

You don't need to ask if you can stay on, you'll stay on it until you cancel or get a new contract. When the phone you want comes out ring them up for a PAC code then move to a different provider. :thumbsup:
P.S. I would advise not to call them at all as sometimes they can be sneaky and put you on for another 18 month contract even though you never agreed to.

Original Poster

Cheers for the advice. :thumbsup:

I wait till early October then and see whats around.

When your term ends the contract just turns in to a 30 day rolling one. . .

Original Poster

I went into to the 3 shop and they confirmed that my contract turns into a one month rolling contract, but the guy reckoned that there is no particular month when phones are released, he said they just come out whenever.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition63683
    2. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines21
    3. Win a google pixel phone at Stylist1111
    4. win free cash32

See more discussions