Genesis Kodi Add on, will now require Premium Hosters

Found 17th Dec 2015
Hi guys

Just a heads up, Genesis is being unsupported from now on, from now on a new add on will be designed that will require you to have a premium account with a file hoster. Real Debrid and premium Zone...

anyone running Genesis 5.1.4 will also require these from now on, the New add on will be announced at a later date

"Hello friends! I haven't been around much as I have been dealing with some personal issues, nothing to do with Genesis or lambda. I hope to be able to return in full soon. With that said a very quick update on Genesis:

While lambda has still not decided whether 'Genesis' will continue or not he and the code have certainly not been idle. Regardless of the name the community will be enjoying his efforts in the not too distant future. When 'it' is released it will be significantly different from the 'Genesis' of the past. The major difference being that it will rely on debrid services for most HD content. With so many installations around the world this is the only way to deliver reliable HD content. If your not familiar with them, debrid services provide you with premium access to a multitude of file hosters or cyberlockers through one account or 'portal'. We recently released an article on the subject in our blog:

Configure Real-Debrid or Premiumize for Faster Streaming

These services will improve your experience with the last version of 'Genesis' (v5.1.4) and it will almost be a requirement for HD content in lambda's current/future efforts. As the article linked above indicates, many of the other awesome add-ons here support debrid services also so it will improve your experience in those as well. We don't have much more detail on 'Genesis' or lambda's other efforts at the moment but we will provide it when it becomes available."

1. Misc
  2. Kodi
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Kodi
80 Comments

Was always going that way due to the recent popularity of kodi. fair play to the devs. but I bet the servers were getting hit big time.

if hosted on a single account is it not easy to shut down?
edit: or si it hosted on multiple places but linked via a single 'account' which isn't really an account?
Edited by: "brilly" 17th Dec 2015

Original Poster

EN1GMA

Was always going that way due to the recent popularity of kodi. fair play … Was always going that way due to the recent popularity of kodi. fair play to the devs. but I bet the servers were getting hit big time.

yeah, he said that he would put a HD source up and it would get slammed within minutes, then they would take the source down, so he was constantly trying to update the sources.

By going premium he moves that problem onto Real-Debrid....though I still don't know if it will work better as I have a RD account and the sources don't work much on that either

Original Poster

brilly

if hosted on a single account is it not easy to shut down?

no, as it will be lots of single accounts...premium hosters should have far better bandwidth

Aeschylus

no, as it will be lots of single accounts...premium hosters should have … no, as it will be lots of single accounts...premium hosters should have far better bandwidth

yeah i just updated, but its still controlled via a single 'master' account or is it just the same as now but just hosted in places that have restricted access?

Original Poster

brilly

yeah i just updated, but its still controlled via a single 'master' … yeah i just updated, but its still controlled via a single 'master' account or is it just the same as now but just hosted in places that have restricted access?

I think the gist of it is that the source gets pulled due to a overload of users, the theory of going premium is those hosters should have the bandwidth to cope...

So Real Debrid at the moment is posting 40% capacity

Aeschylus

I think the gist of it is that the source gets pulled due to a overload … I think the gist of it is that the source gets pulled due to a overload of users, the theory of going premium is those hosters should have the bandwidth to cope...So Real Debrid at the moment is posting 40% capacity

so its a bandwidth problem rather than a usage overload problem?
i suppose they are linked but are you saying if they did this then everyone signed up that used genesis then it would be ok?

Original Poster

brilly

so its a bandwidth problem rather than a usage overload problem? i … so its a bandwidth problem rather than a usage overload problem? i suppose they are linked but are you saying if they did this then everyone signed up that used genesis then it would be ok?

not sure, as if that was the solution he would just update genesis to reflect this, I think by starting again he is going to hope to control numbers by going premium only, as people are funny, ask them to pay for something you suddenly have large swathes of people who will refuse to pay so ergo you control the numbers by default

So do i have to pay now for genesis?? if so, how, who too? i'm new to the mxq box so still abit of a newb...

Original Poster

seedaripper1973

So do i have to pay now for genesis?? if so, how, who too? i'm new to the … So do i have to pay now for genesis?? if so, how, who too? i'm new to the mxq box so still abit of a newb...

no, basically there will be no more HD sources unless you are a member of a premium hoster https://real-debrid.com

you get a membership there then add those details in the genesis settings, then when you search a film you will see 'real debrid' in the sources

Aeschylus

no, basically there will be no more HD sources unless you are a member of … no, basically there will be no more HD sources unless you are a member of a premium hoster https://real-debrid.comyou get a membership there then add those details in the genesis settings, then when you search a film you will see 'real debrid' in the sources

Ok, ive just joined up (havent checked on premium membership yet) but i assume its gonna cost me?...gutted genesis is the only bloody one to really work!!

Original Poster

seedaripper1973

Ok, ive just joined up (havent checked on premium membership yet) but i … Ok, ive just joined up (havent checked on premium membership yet) but i assume its gonna cost me?...gutted genesis is the only bloody one to really work!!

yeah it is going to cost, I can help you out with any accounts you might want, Netflix, Real Debrid, Spotify etc PM me if interested

Real Debrid is roughly £5 a month officially

Seems bloody awkward?? and 16 euros for 180 days??!! is there any way of bypassing this?? or does anyone know of any other programs to use?? again im new to kodi (just seems easier to DL from my comp)

Original Poster

seedaripper1973

Seems bloody awkward?? and 16 euros for 180 days??!! is there any way of … Seems bloody awkward?? and 16 euros for 180 days??!! is there any way of bypassing this?? or does anyone know of any other programs to use?? again im new to kodi (just seems easier to DL from my comp)

unfortunately this is the nature of the beast, Genesis was the gravy train and everyone piled in and broke it.... I would use SALTS..(Stream All The Sources) add on as that is about the next best one....but Genesis is dead for HD unless you pay now

is real debrid an actual channel then?? bit **** off at this, as i thought i was going to get everything for free A.L.A my computer (the box is in my bedroom) i refuse to pay for anything (i may as well get sodding sky for that crap) GRRRR! bad time to invest into a blinking android box!

Aeschylus

unfortunately this is the nature of the beast, Genesis was the gravy … unfortunately this is the nature of the beast, Genesis was the gravy train and everyone piled in and broke it.... I would use SALTS..(Stream All The Sources) add on as that is about the next best one....but Genesis is dead for HD unless you pay now

I've only just got the box and started to tinker with it...think i've tried SALTS and (like the rest) doesnt work...Genesis was a fail safe. do i have to manually update SALTS or something?
P.s cheers to the original poster for bringing this to my attention...

Edited by: "seedaripper1973" 17th Dec 2015

Will keep an eye on this thread as was going to start looking into Kodi. Thanks

Original Poster

seedaripper1973

I've only just got the box and started to tinker with it...think i've … I've only just got the box and started to tinker with it...think i've tried SALTS and (like the rest) doesnt work...Genesis was a fail safe. do i have to manually update SALTS or something?

go here mate, will give you all the help you need with easy to follow instructions.... SALTS I find the best one as you can use a Trakt account to get what you want using searches...

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-salts-stream-all-the-sources-for-xbmc-kodi/

or you can do what a lot of us have done on here and joined a private plex server with every show and film you can think off, but that is £3 per month

here is the private plex server

http://s2.postimg.org/ui14oje55/NEW_PM2.jpg
Edited by: "Aeschylus" 17th Dec 2015

Cheers Aeschylus, do you mind if i PM you in the future for any help? (bit busy tonight to tinker) as i say i refuse to pay, as i watch everything on my PC for free (i just have to search around a bit) i just liked to convenience of genesis and kodi in general for my bedroom...this has put a massive spanner in the works...it would be better if the dev just took donations instead, and relied on generosity as its a well known app, and i can see people just abandoning it now...

Original Poster

seedaripper1973

Cheers Aeschylus, do you mind if i PM you in the future for any help? … Cheers Aeschylus, do you mind if i PM you in the future for any help? (bit busy tonight to tinker) as i say i refuse to pay, as i watch everything on my PC for free (i just have to search around a bit) i just liked to convenience of genesis and kodi in general for my bedroom...this has put a massive spanner in the works...it would be better if the dev just took donations instead, and relied on generosity as its a well known app, and i can see people just abandoning it now...

yeah, he was always a 'free or bust' kinda guy, he has effectively abandoned genesis now and is launching a new add on soon that will ONLY use paid for hosters, I suspect he will make genesis stable and let it go out on its own

you can PM any time

Does this only apply to watching HD can I still watch HQ or MQ ones using Genesis? I'm confused. I have the Genesis add on but I don't think I have kodi can I still use salts?
Is the private plex server through the box? How do I go about doing that?

Aeschylus

go here mate, will give you all the help you need with easy to follow … go here mate, will give you all the help you need with easy to follow instructions.... SALTS I find the best one as you can use a Trakt account to get what you want using searches...https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-salts-stream-all-the-sources-for-xbmc-kodi/or you can do what a lot of us have done on here and joined a private plex server with every show and film you can think off, but that is £3 per monthhere is the private plex server

Aeschylus

go here mate, will give you all the help you need with easy to follow … go here mate, will give you all the help you need with easy to follow instructions.... SALTS I find the best one as you can use a Trakt account to get what you want using searches...https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-salts-stream-all-the-sources-for-xbmc-kodi/or you can do what a lot of us have done on here and joined a private plex server with every show and film you can think off, but that is £3 per monthhere is the private plex server

How can you sign up for that server?

Original Poster

Little Munchkin

Does this only apply to watching HD can I still watch HQ or MQ ones using … Does this only apply to watching HD can I still watch HQ or MQ ones using Genesis? I'm confused. I have the Genesis add on but I don't think I have kodi can I still use salts?Is the private plex server through the box? How do I go about doing that?

HQ and MQ will always work as it is the HD ones that get slammed, I just tested it with my real debrid account and it worked quickly with genesis, but all the other HD ones were dead on inside out

seedaripper1973

Seems bloody awkward?? and 16 euros for 180 days??!! is there any way of … Seems bloody awkward?? and 16 euros for 180 days??!! is there any way of bypassing this?? or does anyone know of any other programs to use?? again im new to kodi (just seems easier to DL from my comp)

lol @ you
I DEMAND IT FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Original Poster

Boyzee

How can you sign up for that server?

you need to be a member on here

cs-kings.biz/for…ces

Original Poster

brilly

lol @ youI DEMAND IT FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

lol, to be honest there was a dev who was promised donations if he developed a app for parental control on Kodi....he did, it was called pin sentry, spent months getting it right, launched it with donations, he posted after 6 months...guess how many people donated

1 people just dont want to pay for anything on Kodi

brilly

lol @ youI DEMAND IT FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And why not? i paid for the box? i pay for my internet? i get everything else for free via my comp...i just wanted the same for my bedroom...

Banned

seedaripper1973

And why not? i paid for the box? i pay for my internet? i get everything … And why not? i paid for the box? i pay for my internet? i get everything else for free via my comp...i just wanted the same for my bedroom...

Are you actually serious, try ringing sky and telling them you pay for your box and internet, so want all the channels free

Aeschylus

lol, to be honest there was a dev who was promised donations if he … lol, to be honest there was a dev who was promised donations if he developed a app for parental control on Kodi....he did, it was called pin sentry, spent months getting it right, launched it with donations, he posted after 6 months...guess how many people donated 1 people just dont want to pay for anything on Kodi

tbf if they dont want to pay for the content itself that was obvious

seedaripper1973

And why not? i paid for the box? i pay for my internet? i get everything … And why not? i paid for the box? i pay for my internet? i get everything else for free via my comp...i just wanted the same for my bedroom...

and this guy is the perfect example,
greed+limited intellect = big lols

I'll settle for HQ/MQ.

Hobbit 3 today on genesis was very decent. There's always HD torrents for the very best of films.

seedaripper1973

I've come across some tight **** but you take the biscuit.

Banned

seedaripper1973

is real debrid an actual channel then?? bit **** off at this, as i … is real debrid an actual channel then?? bit **** off at this, as i thought i was going to get everything for free A.L.A my computer (the box is in my bedroom) i refuse to pay for anything (i may as well get sodding sky for that crap) GRRRR! bad time to invest into a blinking android box!

You should have stolen it!

Banned

So what is Kodi? do you just download it and watch films through it?

one_way

So what is Kodi? do you just download it and watch films through it?

Pretty much... You need to do a little configuring, but once thats done, just turn on, tune in... TV, Movies, Sports... All you could ever want.

Not heard much about Plex though, how does that work?

Banned

miikeyblue

Pretty much... You need to do a little configuring, but once thats done, … Pretty much... You need to do a little configuring, but once thats done, just turn on, tune in... TV, Movies, Sports... All you could ever want.Not heard much about Plex though, how does that work?

Seems complicated Ive just looked and theres loads of addons and stuff.

one_way

Yea... Its easy to do though, load of step by step guides. Can send you a few links tomorrow if you like.

Banned

miikeyblue

Yea... Its easy to do though, load of step by step guides. Can send you a … Yea... Its easy to do though, load of step by step guides. Can send you a few links tomorrow if you like.

Please mate, cheers knew there was a reason ive always liked you

Banned

Oh, so this is what people meant by 'Genesis' because I thought it had something to do with Sega Genesis.

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/photos/sega_genesis2_1.jpg

Now here' s a bunch of nonsense piled together in an article. Either you can' t read, or you are completely misinterpreting things.

First of all, Genesis will continue to work fine without Real Debrid or Premiumize. Dizilab for example still delivers Free HD streams. It' s just difficult to reach because Dizilab itself cannot handle the amount of users from Genesis trying to connect to it. So in like 50% of the streams sources being loaded it won' t show up. Still there' s a 50% chance that you do get trough and it still works fine.

Second Lambda has not stated anything official that he was abandoning Genesis. He merely stated that at the moment he is a bit busy. The use for Premium services like Real Debrid or Premiumize were suggestions to overcome the difficulty of acquiring HD sources. They are not a must, neither a confirmed substitute for the free HD sources already in Genesis.

And third, Real Debrid and Premiumize are severly limited in what they offer. For example older TV shows and Movies you can forget finding any Real Debrid sources for them. I have been using Real Debrid for 15 days now, testing it with for example Criminal Minds and Battlestar Galactica which do not show any Real Debrid sources at all. But also the more recent series Hand of God, which shows 1 source, Uptobox, but this one does not connect either. So yea, you pay 3 euro for 15 days and guess what, it doesn' t help **** cause half the stuff you want to watch isn' t even on there.

So unless you only watch mainstream stuff, I wouldn' t advice buying a premium account. Cause it really doesn' t change much for Genesis at all.

Banned

one_way

Install kodi on phone/tablet

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-install-gotv-for-xbmc/

MOVIES AND TV SHOWS

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-install-sportsdevil-on-xbmc/

SPORTS-SKY, BT ETC

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants