Gents, what are you doing with your hair during lockdown?

Posted 20th May
Have you shaved it off? Trimmed it? Mohawk? Bowl cut?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
40818389-UjlHD.jpg
Mine looks like an explosion in a mattress factory! I'd get the wife to have a go, but I need my ears to hold my glasses on.
Edited by: "richp" 20th May
35 Comments
I get the wife to cut it, she’s a hairdresser.
Knitting a hair shirt.
Cutting it the same as i have done for years.

Haven`t shaved the bush though.
My husband is sporting a wife cut . I YouTubed you ish out of it and he only kinda looks like he’s had a fight with a lawnmower now
Top - Bottom - In-between?
Same as pre-lockdown - trimmers with no guard so short as possible every couple of weeks, then in summer wet shave it in the shower every 3 or 4 days. The beard gets a tidy up every now and then but I'm growing the chin part long - its about 5 inches so far, gets a regular treatment of beard oil/balm and brushed so its silky smooth and surprisingly straight.
Corona cut
same thing i've been doing for the last 15 years, number one will wahl clippers.
Trimmed it myself, number 6 on top and 2 on sides
Shaved the head, grew the beard.
I have shaved mine right off for years, so no issues here
Mine looks like an explosion in a mattress factory! I'd get the wife to have a go, but I need my ears to hold my glasses on.
Edited by: "richp" 20th May
40818389-UjlHD.jpg
clippered the sides,and back left long on top, done a reasonable job-followed youtube tutorials
Edited by: "AncientYouth" 20th May
A half all over by myself
Grade Zero (1.5mm) for my hair using some wide Lidl clippers. Beard gets cut every couple of weeks too to 3mm.
Shaved my head bald last week for the first time in my life and realised i have bigger ears than i thought and look like a donut its about grade 2 already though
Loads of the barbers offering them on social media or if you ring their mobile numbers

My kids did it themselves but today I called a barber down for a proper hair cut
Edited by: "Misslovely" 20th May
Wishing I had some
I usually have a lot of hair and styled , yesterday I did a 3 all over as I looked homeless .

Been I garden all day and burnt all my scalp!

Dam you covid haircut
Been attempting it myself with scissors and wahl clippers. Sides aren't too bad but I cut the front in a straight line when it was wet and it looks like Edmund in Blackadder Series 1.
I don't know how to do the top and back so any links to tutorials would be handy
I’ve gone full hobo
Blueskinnedbeast20/05/2020 20:56

Cutting it the same as i have done for years.Haven`t shaved the bush …Cutting it the same as i have done for years.Haven`t shaved the bush though.

Mind the marigolds
I knew going bald in my late 20s would be beneficial someday.

Just didn’t expect it to be a pandemic that would be the cause of it.

40819834-uIydp.jpg
billingtonrover20/05/2020 21:55

[Image]

That Billy Gibbons bloke out of ZZ Top has let himself go a bit.
It's hard to see even if 'he has legs'.
Got the clippers out...
AncientYouth20/05/2020 21:59

clippered the sides,and back left long on top, done a reasonable …clippered the sides,and back left long on top, done a reasonable job-followed youtube tutorials

Pretty much this,watched a couple videos of a chap showing how he does his own haircut.

Difference from a normal haircut is I give myself a 7 back and sides so there's room for error instead of a 1.5 which I normally have.

Then the old brush forwards when wet and cut the front in a v shape following the hair line.

I asked my wife to help but she refused to as she doesn't want to take the blame if it goes wrong. Thinking about it though,seeing what she's done to our sons hair she was probably right to refuse.
Putting my trust in my other half to do the right thing with a pair of clippers, had 3 cuts now and she hasn’t put a foot wrong
Zeroed the head and have been growing the beard 3 or so months, look like a Viking, get some looks in Sainsbury’s
40822650-YSXQn.jpg
Misslovely20/05/2020 22:25

Loads of the barbers offering them on social media or if you ring their …Loads of the barbers offering them on social media or if you ring their mobile numbersMy kids did it themselves but today I called a barber down for a proper hair cut

How did they observe the 2 meter social distancing? Long arms?
lol nothing, i've been fortunate enough to cut my hair really short the day before they closed the shops
No different for me just grade 0 all over.
winzzz21/05/2020 11:40

How did they observe the 2 meter social distancing? Long arms?

They don't.

But it's okay as they won't catch it or transmit it to anyone else
I started balding a few years ago. Came to terms with it instantly and shaved it off. This means I’m currently winning in the “Lockdown Haircut Stakes”.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions