Genuine Dualshock 3

Posted 27th Sep
Anyone know where I can get a genuine Dualshock 3? A link to a store that someone's used recently? Ebay and Amazon are all full of knockoffs. (I know you can use a PS4 controller sort of, but it's really not the same thing).
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
How about CEX? Seeing as the PS3 has been discontinued you'll find it hard to get a brand new one now so most likely you'd have to get a used one.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 27th Sep
GAME.digital (stores) may still sell pre-owned ones too.

Online, at present, are two examples (not sold directly by GAME):

[ game.co.uk/en/…562 ]

Sold and Fulfilled by PoP FiSh £29.99
&
Sold and Fulfilled by EGO GAMES £35.00
I have brand new one and it's genuine
Haircut_10027/09/2019 07:20

How about CEX? Seeing as the PS3 has been discontinued you'll find it hard …How about CEX? Seeing as the PS3 has been discontinued you'll find it hard to get a brand new one now so most likely you'd have to get a used one.

You're right. Not expecting to find a new one. Just a real one. I was thinking about CEX, but a review on there put me off a bit. Someone says they ordered two and one was a fake. Trouble is the fakes are so visually good it's really difficult to tell until you have them in hand. I'd even get a knock off if the analogue sticks were any good on them.
I saw a new one on playasia, but it's over £100!

Do CEX do free returns? Because there are some definite ways to check if they're real (plugging it into a windows PC will show up as a PlayStation controller, they won't charge with a phone charger on the wall etc). But obviously can't do that until I buy one.
Edited by: "ra786" 27th Sep
ra78627/09/2019 08:42

You're right. Not expecting to find a new one. Just a real one. I was …You're right. Not expecting to find a new one. Just a real one. I was thinking about CEX, but a review on there put me off a bit. Someone says they ordered two and one was a fake. Trouble is the fakes are so visually good it's really difficult to tell until you have them in hand. I'd even get a knock off if the analogue sticks were any good on them.I saw a new one on playasia, but it's over £100! Do CEX do free returns? Because there are some definite ways to check if they're real (plugging it into a windows PC will show up as a PlayStation controller, they won't charge with a phone charger on the wall etc). But obviously can't do that until I buy one.

CEX are fine, you can always go in to a store and have a look at the controllers yourself. I know know it might not be the answer you looking for but I'd honestly consider getting a DS4 instead, there are some good deals here right now for them at around £35 or so and at least you wouldn't have to worry about it not being genuine from those sellers.
Haircut_10027/09/2019 09:01

CEX are fine, you can always go in to a store and have a look at the …CEX are fine, you can always go in to a store and have a look at the controllers yourself. I know know it might not be the answer you looking for but I'd honestly consider getting a DS4 instead, there are some good deals here right now for them at around £35 or so and at least you wouldn't have to worry about it not being genuine from those sellers.

I've got loads of DS4s already. More than I know what to do with!

Really only wanted a new DS3 because I like things to be a certain way. Just recently turned the PS3 on after a few years to play Yakuza 5. I'm on my semi regular Yakuza marathon. So I can then go on to Yakuza 6 which I've had laying around for a year a so! And both of my controllers are all messed up and keep pressing buttons by themselves. Once I've finished, I probably won't turn it on again for ages anyway.

Just didn't realise there was a DS3 drought. I know the PS3 is no longer supported. Still find it odd that there is a lack of controllers to the point where the knock offs easily outnumber the genuine ones. It's easy enough getting hold of brand new Xbox 360 controllers. Heck I even got a couple of new DS2s not so long ago!
You could always try posting a "Wanted" listing at AVForums:

[ avforums.com/for…40/ ]
ra78627/09/2019 08:42

You're right. Not expecting to find a new one. Just a real one. I was …You're right. Not expecting to find a new one. Just a real one. I was thinking about CEX, but a review on there put me off a bit. Someone says they ordered two and one was a fake. Trouble is the fakes are so visually good it's really difficult to tell until you have them in hand. I'd even get a knock off if the analogue sticks were any good on them.I saw a new one on playasia, but it's over £100! Do CEX do free returns? Because there are some definite ways to check if they're real (plugging it into a windows PC will show up as a PlayStation controller, they won't charge with a phone charger on the wall etc). But obviously can't do that until I buy one.

I tried selling them my PS4 Pro with the original controller that came with the console and they rejected it thinking the controller was fake. Looks like they're on high alert for potential fakes to the point of rejecting some genuine ones, so I wouldn't be too worried buying from them.

CEX does free returns labels and you can process an online return through a store as well.
DualShock 3? If that’s ps3 I have some I could sell.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants