German engineering - BMW Recalling 312,000 cars + further recall in the UK over risk of fire due to wiring issues with the heating.

Found 9th May
BMW is extending a UK recall of its cars after the BBC's Watchdog found that vehicles could cut out completely while they are being driven.

It is recalling 312,000 vehicles: the BMW 1 Series, the 3 Series, the Z4 and its X1 petrol and diesel models made between March 2007 and August 2011.

The manufacturer will contact owners of the affected models in the next three weeks

The fault could be fixed within two hours and involved replacing a plug.

Also a NEW recall over almost 300,000 cars in the UK over rise of fire due to wiring issues with he heating.

BMW has issued a recall of every 3 Series saloon car built between December 2004 and July 2011.

Both petrol and diesel variants of the car are being recalled and it is believed that it affects 294,000 cars in the UK.

The recall was enacted based on fears that a wiring harness connecting the heater fan poses a fire risk.

This is the second recall issued by BMW in May this year in the UK, after the carmaker recalled over 300,000 cars which risked stalling and completely losing power.

If concerned you can contact BMW customer service on 0800 325600

Source
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Obligatory 'they should fix the indicators on all of them whilst they are at it' reply!
cdm222 h, 29 m ago

Obligatory 'they should fix the indicators on all of them whilst they are …Obligatory 'they should fix the indicators on all of them whilst they are at it' reply!

Fix the indicators ? Had mine 9 months didn't realise it had any - what would you need them for ?
What you need indicators for? Haven’t you heard of hand signals?

33771799.jpg

Oh wait a minute that’s not the normal gestures you get from a BMW is it?
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 9th May
cdm228 m ago

Obligatory 'they should fix the indicators on all of them whilst they are …Obligatory 'they should fix the indicators on all of them whilst they are at it' reply!

Beat me too it

Don't forget the adaptive cruise control fault which when activated sets the car to keep a stopping distance of 6 inches between the vehicle in front.
13 Comments
Obligatory 'they should fix the indicators on all of them whilst they are at it' reply!
cdm228 m ago

Beat me too it

Don't forget the adaptive cruise control fault which when activated sets the car to keep a stopping distance of 6 inches between the vehicle in front.
cdm222 h, 29 m ago

Fix the indicators ? Had mine 9 months didn't realise it had any - what would you need them for ?
rogparki53 m ago

Fix the indicators ? Had mine 9 months didn't realise it had any - what …Fix the indicators ? Had mine 9 months didn't realise it had any - what would you need them for ?

Apparently to let other road users know which way you're going... Like it's any of their business!
spoo3 h, 14 m ago

Beat me too it Don't forget the adaptive cruise control fault which …Beat me too it Don't forget the adaptive cruise control fault which when activated sets the car to keep a stopping distance of 6 inches between the vehicle in front.

6 inches not close enough for you
Or you could use them properly like other road users, going around roundabouts indicating right, peeling off to the left while still indicating right!
imy3003 h, 33 m ago

6 inches not close enough for you

One would imagine that BMW owners have difficulty in guaging six inches....
grex91011 h, 52 m ago

One would imagine that BMW owners have difficulty in guaging six inches....

The empty space between other car owner's ears?
badger10101 m ago

The empty space between other car owner's ears?

No, to clarify - I was referring to BMW drivers having to overcompensate for the small size of their appendages.
grex910120 m ago

No, to clarify - I was referring to BMW drivers having to overcompensate …No, to clarify - I was referring to BMW drivers having to overcompensate for the small size of their appendages.

Oh, small indicators.
What you need indicators for? Haven’t you heard of hand signals?

33771799.jpg

Oh wait a minute that’s not the normal gestures you get from a BMW is it?
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 9th May
cmdr_elito38 m ago

What you need indicators for? Haven’t you heard of hand signals?[Image] Oh …What you need indicators for? Haven’t you heard of hand signals?[Image] Oh wait a minute that’s not the normal gestures you get from a BMW is it?

Much to my shame, I completely forgot the turn left hand signal used by a chap in a classic car.
It was a few years ago, but I still remember it; we both approached a T- junction from opposite ends, I indicated to turn right and thought he was instructing me to go first.
I screwed up totally, poor chap just was shaking his head at having to share the road with such an ignoramus as me.
Edited by: "tryn2help" 9th May
Add this recall too, applies to all VW other brands too, this number of recalls is for the VW brand only and only for UK honestjohn.co.uk/new…sk/
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants